Jump to content

RAMPAGE!- 7/29/2022


DEAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was disappointed that Anna wasn't tarted up to look like Christina Applegate circa 1992 again. That should be a thing going forward. If you're gonna go Sports Entertainment then do a Beautiful People thing or something. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anna needs to cut that rolling kick in the corner out. She comes to a full stop before kicking, so it just looks silly and unnecessary. I thought she'd end up getting more fluid with it over time, but no dice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dog said:

Anna needs to cut that rolling kick in the corner out. She comes to a full stop before kicking, so it just looks silly and unnecessary. I thought she'd end up getting more fluid with it over time, but no dice.

I thought that worked better now that she is a heel.   It's now like Rush's Horns thingy- a dickish move that's more about being a jerk than actually damaging anything.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anna Jay was really good on this episode.  Ruby sold her arm off.  Good ole dumb referee dirtbag finish.  
 

The promos were really an overachievement in sweetness with the silent support from Eddie and Ortiz backing up Rubys words.  The meat on the bone being that these are 3 characters that understand and respect each other.  Damn, I loved it.

Anna JAS- The promo was solid.  My instincts tell me to expect not fucking up the promo as a basic expectation.  But I was underestimating.  It was much better than that.  She completely showed she was invested in this new character direction which gave it enough conviction to sell it.  I’m in.

I rather enjoy the Lethal Trio.  I also feel really guilty about it.  Saw that Santam fellow at the ROH show.  Large chap, that one.  
 

Looking good tonight was Ethan Page.  Subtle connective tissue doing the Toronto promo during him squishin’ a dude.  I see you AEW.  Embrace Bizzaro World!

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

I thought that worked better now that she is a heel.   It's now like Rush's Horns thingy- a dickish move that's more about being a jerk than actually damaging anything.

Yeah, it's a perfect sports entertainment move.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was disappointed that Anna wasn't tarted up to look like Christina Applegate circa 1992 again. That should be a thing going forward. If you're gonna go Sports Entertainment then do a Beautiful People thing or something. 

Wow and Jericho is looking more and more like Al Bundy these days..... Ange is totally Bud

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Looool @ the palatable pissiness in JR’s voice when Jericho compared Chucky T to Bobby Eaton

This was obviously the result of some internal "how many decibels can you get out of Cornette this week" challenge

Yuta's delivery on his promo was extremely Grimey imo, was expecting the stream of I CAN BEAT CHRIS JERICHOs to be capped off with BECAUSE IIIIII'M HOMER SIMPSON

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jericho got totally duped like a stupid idiot!

Ethan Page destroyed Ruffin, I wonder if the Dark match was longer than this one?

Claudio vs Takeshita? Are you F'n kidding me? This approaches some sort of positive trolling putting out all these dream matches that you didn't even think about before!

Moriarty vs Sydal was nice, but it amazes me each time I see Matt that the roster is SO deep that he means basically nothing. You have Matt Sydal on the roster, but he is very low tier and it is completely fine place for him considering the roster. I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I don't think about it otherwise, but each time I see him wrestle, it pops into my head.

Anna JAS did good work attacking Ruby's arm, but using the brace as a weapon was extra sneaky! She threw it out of the ring very smoothly, too!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Jericho got totally duped like a stupid idiot!

Ethan Page destroyed Ruffin, I wonder if the Dark match was longer than this one?

Claudio vs Takeshita? Are you F'n kidding me? This approaches some sort of positive trolling putting out all these dream matches that you didn't even think about before!

Moriarty vs Sydal was nice, but it amazes me each time I see Matt that the roster is SO deep that he means basically nothing. You have Matt Sydal on the roster, but he is very low tier and it is completely fine place for him considering the roster. I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I don't think about it otherwise, but each time I see him wrestle, it pops into my head.

Anna JAS did good work attacking Ruby's arm, but using the brace as a weapon was extra sneaky! She threw it out of the ring very smoothly, too!

Really enjoyed Sydal's run in ROH back in the 00s, but he's basically lower tier jobber in AEW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Really enjoyed Sydal's run in ROH back in the 00s, but he's basically lower tier jobber in AEW.

And I still enjoy him now, it's just that you don't really see him all that much (well, he was injured at one point, but still). I think he could still produce really good stuff with young guys, more often than he is given the chance to do so at the moment. He could also make a good permanent tag team partner for a young star, not just a life coach he seems to be now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not the biggest Ethan Page fan.  His look and style are both really average and his "charisma" is a gimmick much like MJF's promo skills are, i.e., keep telling people he has it and they will believe it.  

"THE BOSS IS UNDERUTILIZING ME" is always a stupid gimmick.  Especially in a company with a roster this big and who only has one women's match on their main show.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Ethan Page destroyed Ruffin, I wonder if the Dark match was longer than this one?

 

It was fun and got time. Basically, Page DIDN'T catch him in that one. I timestamped it for you:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...