DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 7/27/2022

The Natural

26 minutes ago, AxB said:

Discussing whether or not someone would be willing to go back to work for Vince is kind of a moot point now, isn't it? Vince is done and gone. Steph and Vince are in charge now. Although whether or not they actually start relaxing Vince's bizarre nuspeak rules is up in the air.

Textbook Freudian slip lol. Vince is gone. They'll be working for Steph & Vince now you dumb dumbs! ?

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2022 at 4:10 PM, BrianS81177 said:

So... trios. I think anyone with a brain can see it's leading to Cole/Redragon vs Bucks and either Hangman or Omega in the finals. How many other already set trios/stables are there? Gunn Club obviously. Death Triangle if they get Pac back over here. House of Black would be a gimme, but Matthews is hurt (unless they put in Miro or have Black corrupt somoene else). Dark Order. The Factory. Nightmare family. Andrade and his hired goons. Am I missing any? I'm not talking about obvious pairings (like Sting/Darby/Hardy) but established factions.

Could run two dark order teams if you did Hangman/Reynolds/Silver and Ten/Uno/Cabana

• Like 1

I really think House of Black should be the first champs. I wouldn't hate it if the Best Friends got a short run before being destroyed by HoB, though. I think they can accomplish the Elite Civil War story just easily in the semis (or even quarters if their are 16 teams) as they could in the finals. This is a great opportunity for some other guys to get a notable AEW accomplishment.

• Like 2

Speaking of fans, I was disappointed that the fan with the box on his head slow-clapping wasn't obliterated by someone during either the rail-ride in the open or in the main. Main came close but just ended him slow-clapping there while Danielson yelled. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of fans, I was disappointed that the fan with the box on his head slow-clapping wasn't obliterated by someone during either the rail-ride in the open or in the main. Main came close but just ended him slow-clapping there while Danielson yelled. 

That's Kip Sabian with a... gimmick? It's been forever ongoing and never acknowledged by commentary so who knows what the ultimate goal is. 

• Like 3

Sorry, a little late here. As scared as I was watching that main event, I think Daniel Garcia pulling off the big upset was a great move. And I hope Daniel Garcia uses it to build and hype himself up a lot. 

Really enjoyed Dynamite this week. Pacing felt especially good, show really just zips by. I think it started with a good match, and it ended with a good match. 

• Like 4

So I watched the show on Wednesday, but just now had a chance to post about it:

The Hobbs/Starks situation is very intriguing to me, simply because of how many directions it could go, all of these have popped in my head:

1) Hobbs leaves Team Tazz, both remain heel
2) Hobbs leaving Team Tazz turning Hobbs face, Team Tazz remains heels
3) Hobbs leaves Team Tazz, remains heel, Team Tazz turns face
4) Hobbs acted alone, due to feeling held back/forgotten/left behind, could either remain heel or turn face
4) It's disclosed that Tazz told Hobbs what to do, turning Starks face, but puts Hook's status in some kind of limbo
5) Starks turns face but is kicked out of Team Tazz
6) Starks turns face but is kicked out of Team Tazz, Hook joins him (the fist bump at the end of the match makes me think there might be something between the two, but not sure what exactly)

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Anyone thinks Smart Mark Sterling looks like Tony Bellew in that picture or is it just me?

I had to look up Tom Bellew but you are CORRECT!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

So I watched the show on Wednesday, but just now had a chance to post about it:

The Hobbs/Starks situation is very intriguing to me, simply because of how many directions it could go, all of these have popped in my head:

1) Hobbs leaves Team Tazz, both remain heel
2) Hobbs leaving Team Tazz turning Hobbs face, Team Tazz remains heels
3) Hobbs leaves Team Tazz, remains heel, Team Tazz turns face
4) Hobbs acted alone, due to feeling held back/forgotten/left behind, could either remain heel or turn face
4) It's disclosed that Tazz told Hobbs what to do, turning Starks face, but puts Hook's status in some kind of limbo
5) Starks turns face but is kicked out of Team Tazz
6) Starks turns face but is kicked out of Team Tazz, Hook joins him (the fist bump at the end of the match makes me think there might be something between the two, but not sure what exactly)

My ideal scenario of these is a combination of 3 and 4, 6 is an interesting thought.

The only one I don't see is 2

@The NaturalThough I routinely bitch at the names (and mere existence) of some of these titles, I have to say, it's a pretty damn good looking array of belts. I like that the world title was done by a different beltmaker to give it that elevated feel, kind of like looking at the OG Big Gold versus the other NWA and WCW titles. If I had one gripe, it's just that the All-Atlantic title is shaped much too similarly to the v3 Women's title. That said, I do appreciate the heavy influence of the Mid South title on both.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

@The NaturalThough I routinely bitch at the names (and mere existence) of some of these titles, I have to say, it's a pretty damn good looking array of belts. I like that the world title was done by a different beltmaker to give it that elevated feel, kind of like looking at the OG Big Gold versus the other NWA and WCW titles. If I had one gripe, it's just that the All-Atlantic title is shaped much too similarly to the v3 Women's title. That said, I do appreciate the heavy influence of the Mid South title on both.

Co-author on all this, @Zakk_Sabbath. Cheers. The AEW World Championship is the best as the world title should be. The AEW All-Atlantic Championship is my least favourite by far as it's too similar to the AEW Women's World Championship V3. Hope a V2 of the AEW All-Atlantic Championship gets a better shape to it.