DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Also:

• Being uncomfortably attracted their own daughters
  • Being probably one small step up from used car salesmen but desperately wanting to be accepted into the NYC elite/the mainstream/etc
  • Preferring their steaks well done, with ketchup
  • Obsessed with size and strength (of themselves and others)

I mean the list goes on and on.  It's insane how they're both pretty much the same guy.

Well, at least we have found out that Vince DOES actually pay, sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, piranesi said:

Vince’s story ending with him American Beauty-ing in the garage would be pretty great. 

We talking about the scene of him working out naked, or the scene where the dad sees his son rolling a j for Spacey?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Also:

• Being uncomfortably attracted their own daughters
  • Being probably one small step up from used car salesmen but desperately wanting to be accepted into the NYC elite/the mainstream/etc
  • Preferring their steaks well done, with ketchup
  • Obsessed with size and strength (of themselves and others)

I mean the list goes on and on.  It's insane how they're both pretty much the same guy.

I've always said these two are as close as either could come to having an actual friend. Their mutual "admiration" is because each one legitimately has one thing the other is massively insecure about when it comes to their public image. Trump has mainstream celebrity status and the media respect that goes with it and Vince is an actual successful cut-throat businessman.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I've always said these two are as close as either could come to having an actual friend. Their mutual "admiration" is because each one legitimately has one thing the other is massively insecure about when it comes to their public image. Trump has mainstream celebrity status and the media respect that goes with it and Vince is an actual successful cut-throat businessman.

Yes, Trump had mainstream celebrity BUT his family was never accepted by the "upper crust" of NYC.  He was always seen as a bit gauche or, as one NY writer called him, a "short-fingered vulgarian."  His fame was always of a trashy variety unbecoming of the social circles he really wanted to be part of.  It is exactly like Vince's desperate need to be seen as something more than just a vulgar, carny rasslin promoter.  Both guys had wealth and success, but not the validation of being seen as part of true high society.  It really is fascinating to me how similar the two are. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, A_K said:

Gee there are some unnatural & unhealthy presumptuous obsessions with folk y’all have never met ?

Oh look, another bad post from you. ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Have they said anything on WWE TV about Vince? I saw something about Brock getting emotional and leaving?

"Your daddy's gone" from Roman to Austin Theory is about the extent of it from wrestlers, I think. Stephanie led a "Thank You Vince" chant on Smackdown last week when she opened the show.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

And Vince can actually look down and see his toes without having to lean forward.

Oh and Vince doesn't have freakishly small hands.

But they're both shit human beings.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Eivion said:

The problem with that argument is even if Brock tried to legit leave they were able to talk him down and back rather quickly. There was basically no reason for them to go on calling him a quitter. if he actually fucked off for real do people really think they wouldn't have said anything? They did Sasha & Naomi. They did for Punk. They did for Austin. They would have for sure with Brock as well if it had come to it.

Vince not being in Guerrilla may be the only reason they don't go public with it if Brock didn't decide to work the show. I agree with you. But WWE can also play it off as some false Dirt Sheet internet wrestling rumor based off the fact that he decided to work the show. 

Honestly though,  with all this negative attention and changes this scandal has bought to the company in the past month and a half, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't bring attention to it if Brock didn't return and didnt work Smackdown. 

He's in the Main Event of the 2nd or 3rd biggest PPV of the year. I'm sure Vince would have been more than angry enough to bury Brock that night publicly for possibly ruining his SummerSlam Main Event 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Does Vince relinquishing power in real life mean he has to be retired as on air character? 

Well considering Wall Street really thought he sold RAW to Trump that one time, sadly yes. It would be no fun knowing Mr. McMahon has no real power anymore. I kinda wish though the WWE could have a in character boss on tv again. Someone completely separate from the McMahon's.

36 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Well considering Wall Street really thought he sold RAW to Trump that one time, sadly yes. It would be no fun knowing Mr. McMahon has no real power anymore. I kinda wish though the WWE could have a in character boss on tv again. Someone completely separate from the McMahon's.

Bring back the computer 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1