DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

8 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I’m wondering if Vince using company money to settle his scandals is hubris or he needed to hide the affairs/sexual harassment accusations from someone (Linda).

Oh, she knows. They don’t even live in the same state.

Saw this in CNBC (it was a breaking headline in red at the top for a minute) https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/25/wwe-hints-at-other-probes-into-vince-mcmahon-misconduct-discloses-millions-in-payments.html

The thing about the stock price is now and has been for some time: the company has long term built in big time tv contracts that make it bulletproof. If we heard something about Fox threatening to pull them, then you would see something happen. Vince or no Vince makes no difference at all. 

• Like 1

You know the cost of their open marriage was whatever Vince paid for Linda's two failed runs in local politics.  Between those and the several million in NDAs, we need to see if there's a Guinness Book record for "Total Dollars One Person Has Spent in Pursuit of Getting Laid."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I’m wondering if Vince using company money to settle his scandals is hubris or he needed to hide the affairs/sexual harassment accusations from someone (Linda).

He's been separated from Linda for a little while now.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

You know the cost of their open marriage was whatever Vince paid for Linda's two failed runs in local politics.  Between those and the several million in NDAs, we need to see if there's a Guinness Book record for "Total Dollars One Person Has Spent in Pursuit of Getting Laid."

I doubt Vince would in in the top ten. Considering all the rich horny old goats that marry 18 year old when they are in their 90s, I think we'd be shocked if we ever knew the real figures for that sort of thing. Fuck em all. . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I doubt Vince would in in the top ten. Considering all the rich horny old goats that marry 18 year old when they are in their 90s, I think we'd be shocked if we ever knew the real figures for that sort of thing. Fuck em all. . . .

For me, that may be the grossest thing of all of this. Vince is small potatoes compared with a lot of other media founders/CEOs/whatever. If he got up to all of this awful shit, just think what those assholes have done and got away with.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

There’s 2,755 billionaires and they’re all the same, so…

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, matt925 said:

There’s 2,755 billionaires and they’re all the same, so…

That's so depressing. There should be way less, if not zero. People seem to forget how much a billion actually is. You could make 10 million after taxes every year for your income and live pretty fucking comfortably (gigantic understatement but, you know), and yet it would take you 100 YEARS to get a billion dollars.

Gross. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I feel like you're missing a big part of this, there are women who want to be in a relationship based purely on money, the problem pops up when you decide to fuck your employees or anyone you have power over and not someone who is only in it for the money.  No one is going to have to give up their company over a transactional relationship with some random woman. If that woman works for you,  you're fucked if someone finds out. This is a completely and totally avoidable issue,  that people keep getting caught up with  because they can't help themselves but to try to fuck the one group of women they aren't allowed to fuck. Just go outside. Go to happy hour. Go to a bar. Go anywhere else and try to find a mistress, and you'll probably be A-OK.

• Like 6

It feels so nice and comfortable to be normal and to have always dated or married out of love, companionship, etc. and never for power. To do something just to feel powerful sounds utterly fucked up.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I feel like you're missing a big part of this, there are women who want to be in a relationship based purely on money, the problem pops up when you decide to fuck your employees or anyone you have power over and not someone who is only in it for the money.  No one is going to have to give up their company over a transactional relationship with some random woman. If that woman works for you,  you're fucked if someone finds out. This is a completely and totally avoidable issue,  that people keep getting caught up with  because they can't help themselves but to try to fuck the one group of women they aren't allowed to fuck. Just go outside. Go to happy hour. Go to a bar. Go anywhere else and try to find a mistress, and you'll probably be A-OK.

YES.  And one of the women, he gave a job to just so he could fuck her. If that's not the dumbest, most backwards, walking right into a trap thing I've ever heard of.  That's like finding a dude you want to buy drugs from online, then setting up the deal to happen at the police station parking lot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am indifferent about Poppy, but I do like skulls.

How do you feel about leather? Leather jackets specifically. And leather trunks.

• Haha 1

BTW, I don't like to dunk on Meltzer, but I always find it funny when Meltzer is totally incapable of reading the room and seeing what would obviously happen. Not even two days ago he was talking about how with a change like Vince retiring you want to show that you're otherwise stable so no other changes would happen - except for Brock leaving and then being talked into coming back midway through SmackDown.

Two days later HHH is head of creative and there's probably more changes to come this week.

• Like 1

I can't fathom someone looking at the WWE chain of command and thinking that there would be no changes at removing Vince.  It's been documented,  a lot of times by Meltzer himself,  how most of these people are only there based on their relationship with Vince. If I was HHH and/or Stephanie, those dudes would have had to pack their shit as soon as the press release was published. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Craig H said:

How do you feel about leather? Leather jackets specifically. And leather trunks.

You are seriously asking another dude how he feels about leather?   You'll need to buy me dinner and a movie before I answer that question.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11