DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

No more pops is such a funny threat, especially toward a man in his 50s. All those years of performatively being tough on his kids just to have them turn out to be Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa from Parks and Rec. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

No more pops is such a funny threat, especially toward a man in his 50s. All those years of performatively being tough on his kids just to have them turn out to be Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa from Parks and Rec. 

Beyond the Mat: Because I'm Not Involved - YouTube

"You got somethin' for me tonight, Terry?  I know I'm the millionaire son of the company's owner, but I just...I just need to hear the pop one more time, boss."

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 7/23/2022 at 12:21 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Curious how ppl who believe, like me, that Vince McMahon is an awful human continue to support this product? I don't mean the unconscious cult that cheer 'Thank You Vince' at TV and events, but rather those with a modicum of awareness.

Apathy and selfishness. 

As long as I don’t take part directly in the immoral behavior or I feel that my funds directly contribute to that behavior I am not about to give up something I enjoy just because parts of the chain that make up the product do things I find awful. Life is too short and that’s how I choose to navigate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Dudes I have cracked the code: in the lockbox were all the details of Vince's transgressions.

With how many there are, it's Mary Poppins magic bag. The contents keep on going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Triple H officially taking over as head of creative per a press release

Could be good / could be bad. How many bookers have a second great run? Heyman with Smackdown is the only one I can think of (and his later Raw run was…not good). 

I only read and heard about Heyman’s Recent Raw run, but Is it remotely accurate to assume that was Heyman’s Vision? Was he not writing for an adolescent minded predator? Whatever the result of this Helmsley reign I get the impression that in a lot of ways it’d be hard work to achieve  a worse product. Then again the monumentally terrible mismanagement of Eric Bischoff was succeeded by the venomous duo of Russo and Ferrera  in WCW.

• Like 1

WWE's stock is actually UP today.  Ha!  It's amazing how all it took was a few turnkey, idiot-proof TV deals to change Wall Street's tune from "the only person who can do this is Vince McMahon!  His jock goober son in law doesn't even have a MBA!"

Edited by Technico Support

I mean, why wouldn't it be up. In my mind, that stock should be going through the roof considering that the previous mercurial CEO and head of creative is now gone and there's a chance that the company will have its greatest period of stability ever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVA said:

Now that they’ve got it, what’s going to be doubly funny is when Steph and HHH prove Vince right and just run this motherfucker into the ground.

Right. We’ve jumped ahead to season, like, 6 of Succession where Shiv and Tom obtain the throne but the season ends with Logan laughing maniacally from his assisted living as the company goes south despite Shiv’s/Steph’s extensive and exhaustive use of corporate buzzword bingo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EVA said:

Now that they’ve got it, what’s going to be doubly funny is when Steph and HHH prove Vince right and just run this motherfucker into the ground.

If that actually happened, even with all of the smoke Vince has, I could see him having a Lorne Michaels-like return to WWE.

35 minutes ago, (BP) said:

The publicly traded iteration of WWE has been like if Clarence Boddicker was in charge of OmniCorp at the end of Robocop. 

Now with the VKM forced retirement thing, I now need a meme gif of Boddicker going into Vince's office and saying "Bitches, leave."

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Right. We’ve jumped ahead to season, like, 6 of Succession where Shiv and Tom obtain the throne but the season ends with Logan laughing maniacally from his assisted living as the company goes south despite Shiv’s/Steph’s extensive and exhaustive use of corporate buzzword bingo. 

This year of WWE has definitely been the wackiest season of Succession ever. I'm sure the writers of Succession are like, damn guys, slow down.

• Like 1