DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

Lesnar does not get a pass either. If indeed he walked out it's just as bad as Sasha and Naomi if not worse.  He was making what? $125,000 per appearance?! Walking out a week before main eventing the PPV of the summer.  And the funny thing is they would probably welcome him back with open arms too.  Brock has that company by the "billion dollar grapefruits"

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

9/11 on Steroids.

So will we get:

a. Damage control

b. "My daddy did some things he absolutely regrets and that's why he had to leave"

c. The nuclear "my father is innocent" which will create an absolute shitstorm.

d. Vince decided to step away of his own volition and this is a brand spanking new WWE. 

• Like 1

Just now, John from Cincinnati said:

Walking out because the serial sexual abuser is facing consequences is definitely worse. 

Agree 100% I still think they would take Brock back should he want to and that to me speaks volumes.  It's just sad we call out women for walking out and ppl will give Brock a pass. 

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So will we get:

a. Damage control

b. "My daddy did some things he absolutely regrets and that's why he had to leave"

c. The nuclear "my father is innocent" which will create an absolute shitstorm.

d. Vince decided to step away of his own volition and this is a brand spanking new WWE. 

It’ll be “WWE puts smile on faces and the WWE universe is all of us. We are prepared to entertain you for years to come,” and it’ll dodge the issue entirely? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Matt D said:

It’ll be “WWE puts smile on faces and the WWE universe is all of us. We are prepared to entertain you for years to come,” and it’ll dodge the issue entirely? 

God I heard that in Stephanie's voice too. Looks spot on.

The latest update from Fightful:

Fighful Select has learned that Smackdown for July 22 was re-written to not feature Brock Lesnar. 

Producers and some members of creative were told that Bruce Prichard is taking over Vince McMahon's television duties moving forward. Producers were also told that Bruce Prichard is taking some direction from Vince McMahon as the transition takes place. 

We will constantly update this article this evening with additional news.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I for one wonder how many conspiracy theorists are going to proclaim that Vince is still running things and this is just some kind of publicity stunt, and for how long they will make such proclamations.

It’ll leak when a rep from either Fox or USA receives an email that Vince was CC’d on...a la Russo and TNA.

• Like 1

back to Vince's Internal Memo:

To all WWE Superstars: as I approach 77 years old (OMG am I really that old?), I feel it's time for me to retire. I've thoroughly enjoyed sharing my passion, wisdom, and love of the business with you. No longer will you see the smiling, docile, level-headed, calm presence at Gorilla every week.

Your dedication to WWE will ensure that our company will continue to grow and prosper. Our organization is nothing without you. You are WWE's only natural resource, chosen to perform in front of a global audience.

You are all WWE Global Ambassadors. Carry the WWE flag wherever you go. Wave it high and proud. And bust your ass to be all you can be as a person and as a performer.

One other thing-I won't be with you, but I'll be watching. Remember to keep your hands up, grab a hold, and sell. Btw, SmackDown airs live tonight at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central on FOX.

Vince

i like that he specifically calls out that he was a "smiling, docile, level-headed, calm presence". that totally jibes with all the reports over the years of Vince being a yelling, controlling, power-mad perfectionist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Come on Conrad, talk him into a podcast, the blue chew ads alone would be something else.

"Damn it Conrad do I really have to do this ad read? Fine, god damn it. Lemme tell you folks about Blue Chew, it's great. I mean, I don't need it because I'm the genetic jackhammer but you common people could probably use a little helping hand once in a while. So buy this shit so we can keep doing this show and I can answer your god damn questions. How was that Conrad? NO I'M NOT DOING IT AGAIN GOD DAMN IT!"

3 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Most interested in seeing who takes over creative. Hoping it's Heyman. (Or is there someone better? Can't think of anyone.)

"Oh you didn't know....." wait, you said better. Nevermind.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

there'd be a lot of TV to fill out if they lost Adam Cole and/or Dr. Britt Baker *does DDS finger gesture*

DDS? It's DMD! He got something slightly incorrect about AEW! GET HIM!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

I get the feeling Brock is using all this to squeeze another few million out of WWE.

I get the feeling Brock had visions of bumping around for Bron Breakker the way everyone else has had to bump for him and said, "Naw, I'm good."

• Thanks 1