DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Unclear if it's Vince-related, but SRS is reporting Brock is "pissed off."

I imagine not being in the loop and probably knowing that he can't play Vince like a fiddle anymore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Unclear if it's Vince-related, but SRS is reporting Brock is "pissed off."

but isn't Brock usually sorta pissed off except when he's just been paid?

one extra note on the TK tweet, isn't Court Bauer a longer reigning CEO or is he not actually a CEO? I'm guessing current MLW has been running consecutively for longer than AEW and that they didn't unofficially go out of business a few times over the last few years

1 hour ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

OK bud, no need to throw a tantrum. You still were about to get one last payday. 

HE CAN NO LONGER PLAY VINCE AGAINST DANA AND I DON'T HAVE TO READ "IS BROCK RETURNING TO THE UFC AND LEAVING WWE" STORIES EVERY 3 YEARS!

Oh happy day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Good riddance. But oh crap they have a stadium show next week. 

Are you forgetting they have Double J reffing the tag title match? Surely that'll be enough to fill up Nissan Stadium in Nashville.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

HE CAN NO LONGER PLAY VINCE AGAINST DANA AND I DON'T HAVE READ "IS BROCK RETURNING TO THE UFC AND LEAVING STORIES" EVERY 3 YEARS!

Oh happy day.

God, imagine him trying to come back to the UFC at 45. Ngannou would blast his head all the way to Saturn.

• Haha 2

Just now, Krone Meltzer said:

Are you forgetting they have Double J reffing the tag title match? Surely that'll be enough to fill up Nissan Stadium in Nashville.

1/2 Price beer at the Honky Tonks on Broadway across the river from the stadium is enough to fill up Nissan Stadium.

• Thanks 1

When Steph was announced as the interim CEO my first thought was her position was strictly ceremonial and she was just going to be Vince's proxy until this shit all blew over and he came back. I'm still not sure if that's true or not.

Brock being gone is addition by subtraction, though I'm curious as to how this leaves Summerslam.

Banner year for pro wrestling. So many good matches, so much young talent, so much possibility looking towards the future, and this is only the cherry on top. If Vince is really done done (which it seems like it!), and it sends Dunn, Pritchard and Brock all packing, that's only good news. I agree that the whole operation is basically an algorithm at this point, so I'm not trying to get my hopes up too high, but man, if ever there has been a chance that WWE could actually evolve into something beyond what it's been for the past, uhhhh, twenty years, this is it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

Is Cody now suddenly dependent on maintaining the goodwill of the guy whose throne he smashed

You think Trip *isn't* going to strap Cody at Mania just to throw shit back at TK?  Have you ever watched wrestling?

• Thanks 1