DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

What's really interesting - the WWE for years has listed Vince's departure as a "risk factor" that could cause significant harm to the company. I'm not sure when the word broke of this but the stock didn't move at all today. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

He’s created such a corporate engine with such stilted and precise norms over the last twenty years that it’s all structure and no agency now. It runs itself. Press the button and go. An AI could do it.

The anonymous WWE CEO? 

• Haha 1

Wow, have to admit I didn't think he would ever retire. Happy he is doing that instead taking everythign down with him.

Will be interesting to see if/how things change, particularly with the older people in production and creative. Wonder if they try to bring back Sasha and Naomi.

28 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Her leave of absence feels so bizarre now.

Supposedly it was to something completely unrelated and had been in the works since January or December. Wouldn't be surprised if she intended to be gone longer before all of this went down.

Just now, Greggulator said:

What's really interesting - the WWE for years has listed Vince's departure as a "risk factor" that could cause significant harm to the company. I'm not sure when the word broke of this but the stock didn't move at all today. 

Vince was the risk factor for ole...bout 25-30 years?

Just now, Greggulator said:

Huh.  I wonder if he timed it for Friday after the markets closed so the stock wouldn't tank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Most interested in seeing who takes over creative. Hoping it's Heyman. (Or is there someone better? Can't think of anyone.)

Just piggybacking off your post to say that spokespeople from WWE have confirmed to Brandon Thurston that he is retiring from *all* roles including as head of creative. Let's see how long that lasts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

2 hour tribute to Vince on SD tonight?

Okay but it has to be a 2 hour Rick roll of his performance of Stand Back and the ridiculous coked up dancing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Post Vince WWE has begun in earnest.

I cannot wait for him to show up in Jacksonville and F5 the living shit out of everyone, male and female, on the roster.   

Darby Allin may literally die on his bump. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

Meanwhile, wonder if TK doublechecked to make sure none of the Triple H NXT Guys in AEW are on the verge of having their contracts expire

If he lost those guys, they will ONLY have about 370 people under contract in AEW. I dunno how they would survive. That's a skeleton crew for them.

• Haha 1