DVDVR Message Board

Problem Embedding Tweets

Does anyone else have problems embedding tweets?  I’ve been having an issue for a couple months now.  Doesn’t happen every time, but I frequently get an error when I try to embed a tweet.  After I click “Paste as plain text instead”,’ I get an error message saying that “the link could not be pasted because an of an unexpected error: error: undefined”.

Anyone else have this problem?  It seems to crop up frequently, so it’s getting kind of annoying.  I mostly notice it when I am on a mobile device.  Safari is the default browser on all my devices so I wonder if it’s a browser issue.

Thanks.

Can you post the Tweet you are trying to embed so I can see?

EDIT - even if it doesn't work - I should see the link to the Tweet and can go from there

Her’s the last tweet I tried to embed.

https://twitter.com/bleedingcool/status/1550497386149171202?s=20&t=KBegdWgBumgWodcfRo9xcg

Interestingly, it wouldn’t embed for me an hour or two ago, but it works fine now.  

Like I said, it doesn’t happen every time.

I also tried to embed a random tweet when I started this thread (basically so I could get the wording of the error message right.

late,y, it seems like I get an error more often than not.

Sometimes the error is on Twitter's end so you just have to wait it out

I am not saying that is what happens all the time but when I have gotten that error before - frequently if I just try again later and it works

Of course it also allows me to decide if I really need to say the Tweet anyway

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 4:10 PM, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Seems to be browser issue with Safari, though the browser should be up to date so not sure why.

I fixed your message with the tweet embedded in the NFL Issues thread this morning (by fix, I mean I deleted your tweet and re-pasted it) as it was flickering and not displaying, not sure what method you used to post it but just wanted to let you know if it helps narrow down the cause.

28 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I fixed your message with the tweet embedded in the NFL Issues thread this morning (by fix, I mean I deleted your tweet and re-pasted it) as it was flickering and not displaying, not sure what method you used to post it but just wanted to let you know if it helps narrow down the cause.

Thanks.  It looked fine on my end after I posted.  I’ve been using Edge instead of Safari because that seems to cut down on problems.

2 hours ago, Raziel said:

It's been happening with my with Chrome for a while now.  I get far more errors than working embeds.  

Dittos on FireFox, latest version - it's about 60/40 blinkenlights to actual tweets.