DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 7/20/2022!

DEAN

30 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

the Tony D'Angelo goon who got fired from NXT a few weeks ago.

Is NXT 2.0 common weekly viewing around here? I'd heard the name Tony D'Angelo on a Meltzer show, but haven't seen him nor I have I seen more than a couple youtube clips from NXT 2.0. Anyway, thanks for the tip. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus

34 minutes ago, Iron Moose said:

the Tony D'Angelo goon who got fired from NXT a few weeks ago.

He did have a bunch of dark/elevation appearances before his brief NXT stint

I think he had a match against Ogogo on Dynamite?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

You know what pisses me off about AEW?

These "Road to" they do are phenomenal in every facet, yet almost 90% of the audience will never see them. Some of the promos and video packages on those are comparable to WWE.

Yes, I agree. The bad ones are comparable to WWE, and the good ones are light years better than WWE.

• Like 3

was tonight the first time that Young Sheldon has ever been preceded by a man being thrown into a barb wire spiderweb?

gotta say that the cage security method had some flaws to it

so Luchasaurus is a face again (probably)

there was cake in the face

FTR cut a hell of a promo

Danhausen is wrestling Ricky Starks next week

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

To me, that main event was a colossal let down and the result was even worse. 

Rest of the show was phenomenal.

I'm with you. Match was rushed and the wrong guy won. A disappointment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, w. josh said:

Main was a mess and it's beyond time for Jericho to go tour with his shitty band again. But on the other hand, Evil Anna Jay.

I regret to inform you his fall tour only has one Wednesday date. 

Edit: Oh wait, part of it is an international tour. Excellent.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

After the exploding barbed wire match between Moxley and Omega I was expecting the main event to be a dud and it lived up to my expectations. The dog and pony show ending where it revealed the cages couldn't even contain the people locked in just made the whole thing look like a joke.

Rest of the show was sold. Brody looked like a killer against Darby and The Best Friends got in a surprising amount of offense against the BCC. Aside from a rough sequence on the outside the women's tag match was good too.

I was kind of expecting a Briscoes run in during FTR's promo. As good as that segment was, I don't know why they didn't just air that sitdown between the two teams.

• Like 2

Yeah, that barbed wire match started strong and turned pretty bad, maybe Eddie got hurt, definitely just incredibly overbooked. Give him his fucking win already. Also, shocked Eddie managed to avoid a crimson mask. Saw the Anna Jay turn a mile away.

Good things:

The opening tag was a good match with a good story.

FTR promo.

Cake in the face.

Women's tag match was very good.

Darby-Brody. Like I said elsewhere, it was like the big dickhead bouncer at a big punk show versus all the kids trying to stagedive. I'm not sure how that finished didn't break Darby's neck, I think he's made of rubberbands.

Bad things:

Too stuffed, felt very "Crash TV", so many backstage segments.

Ready for RoH to be its own thing so they don't get so much AEW TV.

A "famous" rapper KOing Tony Nese. Felt very late-90s WCW in a bad way.

Ricky Starks having a competitive match against some generic dude with no build-up. Stop the open challenges if they're not going to advance angles and feature under-utilized talent.

The Luchasaurus un-turn. WTF, so soon, just when things were getting mildly interesting.

Looking forward to Dante-Moriarty on Friday.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

The dog and pony show ending where it revealed the cages couldn't even contain the people locked in just made the whole thing look like a joke.

maybe that's why they had to elevate the cage too, because sure they could get out, but could they handle a drop of several feet towards the ground?

also, the whole drama starting after the suplex spot on the outside was a real "bring in the run-ins to cover for the wrestlers" thing