DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL PRESEASON

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

In the twist that no one saw coming - San Fran and Jimmy G have agreed to rework his deal and Jimmy G will stay with the team

YESSS!

Teams have to get to 53 by close of business today.  

Among the cuts so far:

Miami cut Preston Williams

Buffalo released OJ Howard

LV cut Kenyan Drake

Kansas City has let Josh Gordon go. 

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Vikings cut Kellen Mond

A&M QBs currently on NFL rosters (unless I'm really blanking and forgetting somebody - is Bucky Richardson still playing for the Oilers?)

- two guys that transferred out the same year.  

- a guy who we mostly played at WR, and who now mostly hands off to Derrick Henry

That's a heck of a track record.

• Like 1

LV released Alex Leatherwood, their 1st round pick in 2021.  

The release comes with a $7.9m cap hit. 

I'd giggle, but if the Dolphins run out and convince Joe Haden to sign, Noah Igbinoghene should get thrown into the Atlantic.

• Like 1

I mean the Raiders are kinda doing what the Giants are doing

Clearing out all the disasterious presents left to them by the old administration.

I mean the Giants REALLY want to get rid of Kenny Golladay but his contract basically makes it impossible... at least this year

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean the Raiders are kinda doing what the Giants are doing

Clearing out all the disasterious presents left to them by the old administration.

I mean the Giants REALLY want to get rid of Kenny Golladay but his contract basically makes it impossible... at least this year

To that end, the only WR left on Miami's roster now from Flo's time is Jaylen Waddle. 

(Also, as of now, it looks like they're running with 5 WR's / 5 TE's... which, certainly is a choice.  But there was no way Skylar Thompson was clearing waivers, so...)

5 hours ago, JLowe said:

Vikings cut Kellen Mond

Has he been that terrible? How do you give up on a 3rd round QB in his second training camp? 

Who is the backup in Minnesota? 

The Lions have released:

QB Tim Boyle

Obinna Eze

WR Kalil Pimpleton

WR Tom Kennedy

Among others. The first 3 should make for good TV on Hard Knocks. The last one is proof it doesn't always matter what you do in the games. Kennedy had 2 TDs against Indy and looked sharp but he's gone anyway. 

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

Has he been that terrible? How do you give up on a 3rd round QB in his second training camp? 

Who is the backup in Minnesota? 

They drafted someone this year, and yeah, apparently he's been terrible, the head coach openly trashed him in an interview midseason last year.

• Like 1

Usual reminder to never read the responses on a Tweet

Spoiler

Basically all the anti-vaxxers racing to say that blood clots aren't natural and that clearly it was caused because he got the COVID vaccine

• Sad 1

Honestly more people need to turn off replies. It won't stop Quote RTs but at least those take an extra step to read (and most people are more likely to reply than Quote RT anyway). Its an underused twitter feature from bigger accounts, not every tweet needs replies.