DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL PRESEASON

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not a scholar of football history,  has the HOF let in the equivalent of Harold Baines? I think the football of fame is the hardest to get into, then baseball, and I swear EVERYONE(not literally) gets into the basketball HOF. I don't know enough about hockey to comment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm not a scholar of football history,  has the HOF let in the equivalent of Harold Baines? I think the football of fame is the hardest to get into, then baseball, and I swear EVERYONE(not literally) gets into the basketball HOF. I don't know enough about hockey to comment.

I don't think the Hockey Hall of Fame is too bad. Definitely some bad choices, Guy Carbonenneau and Kevin Lowe from recent classes being prime examples. If anything, they need to work some more people in. Alex Mogilny being the main current one on the outside looking in. Overall though, I think their player classes are usually pretty decent.

The catch-all builder category is the worst. Lots of old boy's club inductees like Jeremy Jacobs, while also doing things like not inducting Pat Burns until after he passed.

Deion's take is silly since no one has ever claimed that everyone in the Hall of Fame is equal skill-wise (no one says Jerry Rice and Andre Reed are on the same level) but its also a very Prime Time thing to say so I'll let it slide. It fits in with his persona, it was more off when Bruce Smith just randomly went after Tony Boselli like he did. Its not like they can only have X number so when one gets in, another gets booted. They all have too much free time.

Another early overreaction:  George Pickens of the Steelers is going to be a major fantasy steal for someone.  But I guess that depends on Trubisky or Pickett

There is another clip where Pickens goes full Hines Ward on a Seattle player on the snap

On 8/9/2022 at 8:02 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami trades TE Adam Shaheen's unvaccinated ass to Houston for a 6 next year. 

To put a final pin in this idiocy.  After Shaheen's failed physical, Miami has tossed him onto season-ending IR. 

This will give him more time to do more research. 

• Like 1

Another good episode of Hard Knocks. Certainly making me more enthusiastic for the upcoming Lions season. 

Not gonna lie, though, I like Aidan Hutchinson's but find his family annoying. At least his mom/sisters/girlfriend/whoever. Dad Chris is kinda just there. 

On the other hand, the clip of David Blough and teammates/coaches watching Blough's wife running at the Olympics was freaking awesome. 

On 8/11/2022 at 2:05 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

it's a He's 40+ years old and he's Tom Motherfucking Brady he doesn't have to do training camp if he doesn't want to issue

... He ain't wrong.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

So, if Brady is missing time to be on the Masked Singer as some people are speculating, does that automatically make him the third most hated contestant ever?

I am assuming this is saying Palin and Rudy are #1 and #2

• Like 1

Carolina announced Baker will start game one vs. Cleveland.  

jacks_complete_lack_of_surprise.png

I'm sure Sam Darnold is angrily trying to reach his agent and wondering why he's being left on hold as we speak. 

• Haha 2