DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL PRESEASON

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

All teams secretly wish they were as stylin' as the Raiders. 

the 1991 Atlanta Falcons demonstrated it's not even all that secret. ?

The Raiders can go 2-14 and still sell more replica jerseys than the eventual super bowl champion.

(Unfortunately the team and the league both figured this out a long time ago, hence decades of futility.)

18 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Literally every single 80's/90's throwback in the NHL is better than the current ones. So I can get on with this in general.

in the NHL as in the NFL, the best uniforms are the ones that had time to become classic because they haven't changed in 50 years (god I wish the Sharks would quit tinkering with their shit, at least they're not dumb enough to mess with the core concept)

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 3:38 PM, elizium said:

cQq0M3F.jpeg

These ones? These ones lap the current ones, they're so much better

Legitimately might be my least favorite uniform in major US sports history.

They're a bad knock off the Lions with an added splash of green that clashes with the rest of it.

Their current uniforms are leagues better.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

the important thing to remember is that this all the Denver Broncos' fault because as soon as they ditched the Orange Crush for that modern dark blue eyesore they won back to back super bowls and thus the Copycat League concluded the secret to building a winning team is having a shit kit

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the important thing to remember is that this all the Denver Broncos' fault because as soon as they ditched the Orange Crush for that modern dark blue eyesore they won back to back super bowls and thus the Copycat League concluded the secret to building a winning team is having a shit kit

Whereas in the NBA the Rockets won back to back titles and then changed to those horrible incomplete pinstripes unis and haven't won a damn thing since.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Whereas in the NBA the Rockets won back to back titles and then changed to those horrible incomplete pinstripes unis and haven't won a damn thing since.

*Lawful enters the chat, AJ Styles/Undertaker-style*

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

the Patriots probably kicked off that trend first in the NFL in 1993

(in before the old people on here reference the Bengals)

2 hours ago, Justin877 said:

Orange jersey, Sure!  But why mess with the helmet.  It is a classic that has stood the test of time.

The helmet is 100x as good as the jersey. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The helmet is 100x as good as the jersey. 

I agree.  It also reminds me of when the Browns break out an orange variant, and I just want to scream, "YOUR NAME IS THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Darius Leonard will now be going by his middle name Shaquille

Apparently everyone in his life calls him Shaquille already but because "school" called him Darius, the NFL did.

He said he didn't want to be known as a rookie causing a fuss so he didn't say anything when he got to the league

"I went by Shaquille my whole life," Leonard said. "My mom called me Shaquille, my family called me Shaquille, my friends and family called me Shaquille. I only went by Darius in school or if I was in trouble. Once I got to the NFL, that's when people started calling me Darius. I hate it, but coming in as a rookie, I figured they didn't want a rookie coming in saying to call him a different name. So, I just went with it."

Even after winning Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2018, Leonard didn't speak up about his wishes. Now, as he begins his fifth season, he finally is making his position known.

"Coming into my rookie year, talking to [Hall of Fame wide receiver] Randy Moss, he said the best advice he could give me was to keep your mouth closed and your ears and eyes open," Leonard said. "So, I came in and worked. I didn't want to come in and be treated special. If they called me Darius Leonard, I mean, that is my name. That's just what I went [by]. I didn't want to cause any problems.

"But I love being called Shaquille and hate being called Darius. I understand it's going to be hard, but I would love if y'all would try to call me Shaquille or 'D' or 'Maniac' and not Darius."

• Like 1

20 hours ago, supremebve said:

I agree.  It also reminds me of when the Browns break out an orange variant, and I just want to scream, "YOUR NAME IS THE CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!"

I guess orange Browns uniforms would be fair given that our pre 1981 uniforms were essentially identical to yours as an act of de facto trolling by Paul Brown.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Is that the JaMarcus Russell clause?

Sure looks like it. Kind of a red flag that they felt the need to codify a rather minimal amount of film study like that. 

• Like 1