DVDVR Message Board

ROH Death Before Dishonor 2022 - 23 July 2022

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

On the VERY slim chance that Gresham escapes with the belt, what we can look forward to.

Incredible. The Takeshita Indy tour has featured an 'embarrassment of riches'. Not expecting, but hoping he finds a slot on the Saturday PPV.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Incredible. The Takeshita Indy tour has featured an 'embarrassment of riches'. Not expecting, but hoping he finds a slot on the Saturday PPV.

Takeshita is wrestling Josh fucking Alexander on Saturday.  I want to see THAT too.

• Like 6

I can see #FTR vs. Briscoes II going on last as it's the biggest match on the show and there's the odd occasion a match that's not the world title should do. However if Claudio Castagnoli does indeed win a world title at last in the ROH World Championship, it should headline.

• Like 1

Without FTR, I wouldn't be getting this PPV.  FTR puts asses in the seats.  Everything else will be fine, but doesn't move the needle.

• Like 6

Just now, DEAN said:

Without FTR, I wouldn't be getting this PPV.  FTR puts asses in the seats.  Everything else will be fine, but doesn't move the needle.

Ditto even though a Samoa Joe fan since 2004 and Claudio Castagnoli since 2010. All about #FTR for me vs. Briscoes II.

• Like 1

I think I heard something within the promotional materials for this show that suggested FTR-Briscoes would (rightfully and justifiably) Main Event. Seems silly to try and follow-up that Tag, but I do suspect Claudio-Gresham will be both excellent and incredibly fun. What a fantastic fuckin' line-up for this. 

• Like 3

If the last ROH PPV is any indication, you REALLY don't want to follow FTR vs the Briscoes.  I remember Bandido vs Gresham was good but yeah, that was impossible to follow FTR and the Briscoes beating the fudge out of each other.  Plus, you don't know who is winning the FTR/Briscoes match- especially since the Briscoes are signed now.  Claudio is SOO beating Gresham.  (I assume you can all throw this in my face if Tully Blanchard figures out a way to escape with the belt.)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

If the last ROH PPV is any indication, you REALLY don't want to follow FTR vs the Briscoes.  I remember Bandido vs Gresham was good but yeah, that was impossible to follow FTR and the Briscoes beating the fudge out of each other.  Plus, you don't know who is winning the FTR/Briscoes match- especially since the Briscoes are signed now.  Claudio is SOO beating Gresham.  (I assume you can all throw this in my face if Tully Blanchard figures out a way to escape with the belt.)

Yeah, #FTR vs. Briscoes was one of those matches nobody could follow reminding me of Owen/Bret at WrestleMania X (I've always preferred that to Razor/Shawn) and Undertaker/Michaels at WrestleMania XXV.

• Like 1

I'm here for FTR-Briscoes and to count the rotations on that Giant Swing! 

I was wondering going into this about Bandido. All I could find is that he's apparently injured and possibly working with IMPACT, tho he may just be referring to an Impact promoted Starcast event. I suspect he'll find his way back to ROH, or is there something I missed? This was from July 1st. 

Bandido is currently out of action with an injury and recently have an update on his recovery. The AAA star, who suffered an injury at AAA TripleMania XXX: Tijuana, spoke with Mas Lucha and you can check out some highlights below:

On his recovery: “Doctor told me to take 4-6 weeks of physical therapy. I have already taken two weeks and I hope I can make it for Starrcast with IMPACT Wrestling.”

On if he’ll be appearing in Impact: “We’ll see. We will try to negotiate to see what can be done. The Most Wanted Man needs to be everywhere.”

48 minutes ago, The Natural said:

ROH_Original_Title.png

So glad ROH brought this back. Best ROH World Championship by far.

I'm not familiar with the ROH belts, but kinda hoping and assuming they all get a makeover with that simple and effective (and best yet) new ROH Logo. The current belts look a little underwhelming to me with all that silver. I want gold!  

• Sad 1

Limitless Wrestling announced that ROH has pulled JD Drake from their event tomorrow night. The Limitless event, Crunch Time, happens at the same time as Death Before Dishonor. Drake is currently not booked for the ROH show but it seems he may be soon. 

Yes! Could it be the Work Horsemen to ROH!? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Oh wow, never heard of Garden State PW, hope that 'tape' is made available.

It's their first show. But it's available to pre-order on Fite, meaning it'll be available to buy on Fite forever. 

• Like 1

Chicken randomly eating cheesecake or key lime pie made me lose it. Holy shit.

And yeah, I'm ordering this mostly for FTR. I'm also really annoyed it's on B/R. B/R fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Or can those in the US still order this on Fite without having to mess with VPNs?

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

ICYMI on Rampage, Rush vs. Dragon Lee added.

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THAT?  Dragon Lee needs to join the Andrade vs Death Triangle feud.  Anyway.  that's fucking awesome.

• Like 3