DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Need an update on the fan who fell into the bullpen. 

Well, I think he intentionally jumped hoping the ball would be dropped and fall behind the wall, but I still hope he didn't hurt himself in the process.

21 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Well, I think he intentionally jumped hoping the ball would be dropped and fall behind the wall, but I still hope he didn't hurt himself in the process.

He jumped like Marty Jannetty diving through the Barber Shop window. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

Just imagine the coverage from some if Judge goes Arozarena and hits 12 HRs during the postseason

Or goes Arozarena off the field. . . ?

Judge probably doesn’t mind this challenge so much but the whole “real record” stuff basically means that he has to have a near perfect personal life from now or else the people who can accuse players with minimal evidence will come for him too.

Followed by Roger Jr, who runs a business with 61 in the title, saying that his dad really holds the record, like how the Maris family walked back their embrace of McGwire.

Anyways you can tell this isn’t a real home run record because they’re not openly suggesting the ball has been juiced like has happened with virtually every HR record ever.

• Like 1

you'd think the Maris family, of all people, would be uniquely equipped to recognize the recurring bullshit pattern of trying to denigrate the new record holder and mouth-foaming insistence their achievement somehow didn't count.

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Judge probably doesn’t mind this challenge so much but the whole “real record” stuff basically means that he has to have a near perfect personal life from now or else the people who can accuse players with minimal evidence will come for him too.

People in this very thread are already doing that so it doesn't matter what the fuck Judge does

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

you'd think the Maris family, of all people, would be uniquely equipped to recognize the recurring bullshit pattern of trying to denigrate the new record holder and mouth-foaming insistence their achievement somehow didn't count.

Which goes beyond asterisks (real or theoretical) because MLB expanded the strike zone in reaction to Maris hitting 61.

Maris getting that record over Mantle would been sorta like if Joey Gallo had been the one to hit 62 homers instead of Judge or Stanton. I’m sorta putting Stanton, who hit 59 homers, at a higher level pre-trade than pre-Yankee Maris.

• Like 1