DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

At this moment - 6 teams are on track to pay the luxury tax. That ties the record for most teams that will have to pay the tax in a single season.

1. New York Mets
  2. Los Angeles Dodgers
  3. New York Yankees
  4. Philadelphia Phillies
  5. Boston Red Sox
  6. San Diego Padres

That is in order so as of now the Mets will lead the league in payroll for the first time since 1989 (the reason the Dodgers are #2 is because Trevor Bauer's salary isn't included due to his suspension)

On 9/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, RIPPA said:

This was the one I was original looking for

Sigh.  After being corrected, Sterling says “Stanton just robbed Chapman of a home run”.  They’re replaying the catch as he says this, snd it’s fairly obvious the ball was going to hit the fence and stay In play.  So he’s 0 fer 2 on this play.

Astros clinch the AL West and have ensured they have one of the AL's two first round byes

Mets clinch a playoff spot and Max Scherzer won his 200th game

In a nearly identical scenario as Justin Verlander last week, Scherzer (in his first game back from injury) was pulled with a perfect game after 6 innings

On 9/17/2022 at 2:56 PM, Pete said:

I think the Reds and/or Cards did this to their rookies DURING the game at least once. Too funny.

I have actually seen this happen once. The other one that comes to mind is, and I'm going to have to text my buddy to remind me which player it was, but they told the guy to go get one of the balls hit out of the park. So he's out there by Kenmore and such asking around if anyone had the ball that was just hit out because they really needed it back. And they locked the guy out. 

• Haha 5

Canada is planning on dropping the Vaccine requirement for travelers on Sept 30

Since the Jays host the Red Sox Sept 30 - Oct 2 - that would be the first series where a team wouldn't have to place guys on the restricted list

It is also possible that the Jays could host a playoff game(s)

Judge is on pace to hit #62 possibly Friday.  This is now a thing because...

Apple TV has this particular Sox/Yanks game and can't(won't? I dunno the contract) give it back to YES, so it's entirely possible that Judge breaks the team/AL record and the Yanks lead PBP man for the entirety of YES' existence won't be calling the HR.  This obviously has NYY Twitter in a uproar, both ways.