DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Man for about 5 years there Betances was one of the elite relievers in baseball. He could have been a closer for like 26 other teams. But when he fell off, he dropped like Wile E. Coyote. 

Its no fun when they do a slow gentle decline. If you are going slip, go down in flames. Preferably after signing a big money deal with the Yanks. . . . ?

And the lesson all players should learn is never sign a deal with performance incentives. . . .

On 8/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Yusei Kikuchi has seemingly been moved to the bullpen, so nobody can accuse Toronto's front office of not spending on relief pitching. 

Imagine signing a guy with a 4.97 career ERA and being surprised that he's putting a 5+ ERA.

At least for the moment - Albert Pujols is going out on top

He hit 2 HRs last night which moved him passed Stan Musial for 2nd on the Total Bases list. (He ain't catching Hank Aaron)

He now 692 HR which puts him 4 behind A-Rod for most HRs. So he has given himself an outside shot of getting to 700

Going into last night's game - Pujols was hitting .386 over the last 16 games with 5 HRs

Random stat I saw today

Washington Nationals currently have a streak where their starting pitchers have gone 39 games without a win

That is the longest streak since 1901 and 4 more games than the previous modern record of held by (ironically) the 1949 Washington Senators

D7A7KBVGTJA6VIDJS4YJWIEUWM.png&w=916

(Graphic is from the weekend)

Here is the funnier part - their starting pitchers only have 23 wins all season which somehow is EIGHT more than the starters on the Pirates have

I kind of wondered if they already have, given the crossover with baseball and EPL owners (Henry, now Bowley) and the Brewers owner may buy into Norwich. 

Admittedly, I don't know a lot of the US sports teams owners anymore, since I don't follow them as closely as I once did. 

• Like 1

my 2023 schedule breakdown prediction trying to talk them away from doing full interleague from March:

Maybe 18 vs each divisional rival instead of 19. That's 72 games, then the remaining 90 games include 60 vs the other 10 league teams (3 home/3 road), and 30 interleague (3 home and 3 road vs 5 opponents works better than 2 game 'series' vs 15 opponents)

and the actual reality is different!

13 games vs each divisional team

6 or 7 games vs the other 10 intraleague teams

and an average of just over 3 games vs the 15 interleague opponents

Good luck with rescheduling when games get rained out!

I mean it’s not really new info

What I want to know is who has their numbers wrong (14 vs 13 division games, etc)

Either they tweaked the agreement, Stark doesn’t know maths or the above tweet is wrong 

On 8/21/2022 at 7:45 AM, RIPPA said:

At least for the moment - Albert Pujols is going out on top

He hit 2 HRs last night which moved him passed Stan Musial for 2nd on the Total Bases list. (He ain't catching Hank Aaron)

He now 692 HR which puts him 4 behind A-Rod for most HRs. So he has given himself an outside shot of getting to 700

Going into last night's game - Pujols was hitting .386 over the last 16 games with 5 HRs

Got one more last night.  So 3 to A-Rod, 7 to the 700 club.  

39 games to go. 

• Like 1