DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Have to wonder if it's enough to take 4 games from LA.

Honestly I think they are more looking at it as "just need to win a 3 game Divisional series"

36 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

If I had a no trade clause, I'd tell the team trying to trade me to fuck off, just on general principles, but that's me.

There are many reasons - both baseball and not baseball - to not want to go from San Diego to DC

• Like 2

So I can't tell are we the Washington Pirates or the Washington Marlins.  The Pirates would rather get a life threatening disease than pay $440 million for 3 players much less 1 of them.  The Marlins might spend $440 million on a player but then shit themselves when look at the check book and go back into a hole for about 5 years.  

Either way the end result is that in 5 years the players the Nats pick up will either be average or great pickups and used as trade bait.  

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

I eagerly await SD trading Hosmer to whatever the worst team not on his no trade list is.

Boston Red Sox, come on down! 

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

"Others" going to the Blue Jays from the Marlins is Anthony Bass.

The last time we got a reliever from the Marlins who I didn't know about it was Adam Cimber, so I'm feeling strong about this. Shapiro definitely has a friend in the Marlins office.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In a stretch even for the Mariners - they are acquiring Matthew Boyd from the Giants

Boyd is still recovering from shoulder surgery last Sept

Oh that's not all. They also got C Curt Casagil. Who is on the IL with an oblique sprain.