DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

The Tigers Andrew Chafin - who is expected to be traded in the next 24 hours - is unvaccinated.

He just missed the Tigers series in Toronto

Folks don't think it will affect his tradability since Benintendi hemmed and hawed his way to the Yanks

Really hope Jose Siri gets a chance to shine in Tampa Bay. I’ve liked him ever since he lit up the Midwest League with Dayton in 2017 with that nearly 40-game hitting streak. While I know that success in the minors doesn’t always translate to the majors, hopefully he’ll get some playing time in Tampa and be able to replicate some of that success.

2 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

So was he on the 40 man already, or would they have had to add him to protect him from the rule 5 draft?

If I had to guess - the later

Meanwhile the Braves have extended Austin Riley

10 years, $212 million

Riley will make $15MM next season, $21MM in 2024, then $22MM annually through 2032. The deal also contains a 2033 club option valued at $20MM. 

There does not appear to be an opt-out 

The Red Sox are the team acquiring Tommy Pham

And that Christian Vazquez deal is amusing since the Sox and Astros are playing each other right now. JD Martinez just told reporters that Vazquez had gone through the hitters meeting and then got traded so he is walking into the Astros clubhouse knowing how the Sox are planning to pitch to them

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yanks are getting Frankie Montas and Lou Trivino (most likely giving up Oswald Perez in the process)

Astros are getting Trey Mancini

after observing 100 or so games of A's baseball this year, The Yankees are getting Frankie Montas from Oakland in exchange for also taking Lou Trivino from Oakland.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Red Sox are the team acquiring Tommy Pham

And that Christian Vazquez deal is amusing since the Sox and Astros are playing each other right now. JD Martinez just told reporters that Vazquez had gone through the hitters meeting and then got traded so he is walking into the Astros clubhouse knowing how the Sox are planning to pitch to them

The Braves got Robbie Grossman from the Tigers (The Tigers got a random minor league arm back)

The Braves are also supposedly getting Jake Odorizzi from the Astros but that technically hasn't been finalized yet

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meanwhile the Braves have extended Austin Riley

10 years, $212 million

There does not appear to be an opt-out 

I'd extend too if I got $212 million with no opt-out.

• Like 2

Passan says the Nats will be getting one more player in addition to the ones above

It is said to be "a major league player" so clearly the Padres are trying to get them to take Hosmer

Must be cool to trade away an amazing player and get back a haul in return.

I look forward to the Cubs trading Contreras for, like, a couple middling dudes and Happ gets traded for one of those coupon books you can use at local restaurants.