DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

So @RIPPA, with Michael King out for the year and Chapman being awful do you think the Yankees will be shopping for relievers?

They always are

Though the chance remains that they might get Zach Britton back before the season ends

kinda surprised some player who is both unvaccinated but also shy about his public image didn't try intentionally getting their passport cancelled or letting it expire (well, considering that passports are valid for 10 years, that part would be hard) but I suspect they'd still end up on the restricted list anyways.

Sorta like how some people thought that Whit Merrifield's toe injury was either to end his streak with something other than the Toronto trip, or that his toe injury was about getting on the injured list instead of the restricted list.

The Royals de-facto GM (Dayton Moore, who ascended to Team President last year) had at least one radio interview accusing unnamed teams of hiding guys from the restricted list through demotions or IL stints, which might not be supposed by data.

Miles Mikolas is sporting the look of a man who has ended friendships due to arguments about Brooks and Dunn.

Also, Miles Mikolas literally ate a lizard in the bullpen on a bet. So maybe thats how they vaccinated him.

Kudos to Major League Baseball on, so far, not having any players get busted for faking vaccination cards.

• Haha 1

MLB and MLBPA failed to reach an agreement on an International Draft by the agreed upon deadline from the CBA negotiations.

This means that the International Signing Period and Qualifying Offer will remain in place

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Passan made it sound like they were never going to reach an agreement on it and it was all pointless.

Pretty much

I mean half the player base doesn't want the International Draft anyway

And they have been fighting about the QO since I was born

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Is that rare back issue the unbearable weight of putting a completely shitty team on your back year after year?

I believe the two are related, yes. 

• Like 4

For the record - Trout is amused at the overreaction to the news

Mike Trout said he appreciated all the support he received Wednesday after the Los Angels Angels' head athletic trainer revealed the three-time AL MVP had a "rare" spinal condition that could affect him for the rest of his career.

Even if Trout thought the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

"I think he meant that I have to stay on top of the routine I do on a daily basis to keep it from coming back," Trout said after watching his Angels beat the Kansas City Royals 4-0 to clinch their first series win in nearly a month.

"I'm appreciative of all the prayer requests, but my career is not over."

-------------

Trout smiled when thinking about the absurdity of the overreactions he'd been seeing online after Frostad's comments.

"I got back and my phone was blowing up: 'My career is over,'" he said. "It's just rare for a baseball player. I just have to stay on top of it."

Trout received a cortisone injection last week that has already begun to produce results. He has a follow-up visit next week and "we'll go from there," he said, though he has every intention of being back this year.

"Of course," he said. "That's my goal."

The Angels have had no discussions about shutting him down.

from a non-Heyman source:

There's a KCMO thing resentment towards the concept of someone viewing a time here as a pit stop to bigger and better things, and there is also a dislike towards the Yankees going back to the Kansas City A's being a Yankee farm team. So a guy having his personal reasons change so he could play for the Yankees instead of the Royals might not entirely be popular in KC.

• Thanks 1

It is gonna be amusing to see what they do with Gallo.

Its clear they ain't DFAing him for fear he suddenly would figure it out for another contender but I can't see any other fucking team giving up anything for him unless you are taking a worse contract back

it was another one of those days for the "Bob Nightengale is always wrong" crowd

Formal decision, like he's gonna show up with two hats ala Signing Day and put on a hat to indicate his status for Toronto.

Also, considering Benintendi's health history, it's not impossible for him to get injured before any games in Canada.