DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/11/22

*Taped for BTI: Steve Maclin def. Crazzy Steve (7:38) after the K.I.A. 

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 11, 2022 from Louisville, KY

*Karl Anderson def. Kenny King (7:51) after the Gun Stun. After the match, Kenny went after Karl with a steel chair until Heath made the save.

*Kushida (w/ Chris Sabin) def. Deaner (w/ Joe Doering) (10:53) with a bridging suplex

*Killer Kelly def. Tiffany Nieves (1:19) via Killer Clutch submission.

*Mia Yim def. Madison Rayne (9:21) after Eat Defeat.

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Rocky Romero (20:08) after Ultima Weapon to retain the X Division Championship.

*Scott D'Amore hosts the contract signing for Josh Alexander(c) vs. Alex Shelley at Emergence in 2 nights. D'Amore talks about his favorite role in wrestling being a coach and he loves having his two best students competing for the title. Josh talks about Shelley was on his first live wrestling event in 2005. Josh started wrestling school the next day and puts over Shelley as an influence, saying it will be an honor to face and defeat him. Shelley asks what makes Josh different than any other Shelley clone. Josh says he was always more of a Sabin guy, pointing out that Sabin won the world title while Shelley's never been able to. Shelley notes that he's never gotten a shot. Shelley brings up Josh's injuries over the years but it'll be his psyche that allows him to beat him. Shelley calls Josh an Alex Shelley mark, signs the contract, and then hands it to Josh as his autograph.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

Crazzy Steve takes on Steve Maclin!  Will Crazzy Steve pull the upset against the Future of Impact?  It would be like Scotty Riggs upsetting Sting in 1997.  It could happen!

Karl Anderson, who said he half asses it if there isn't a big crowd, takes on Kenny King, who is always good.  This is good.  They appear to be going hour Broadway- which can't possibly be happening.  King beats on Anderson's leg.  Anderson Dragonscrews to offense.  I can't watch Anderson in IMPACT! without thinking he isn't trying very hard.  I mean even in New Japan, he doesn't set my heart on fire. Even at his best, he is a pretty bland good hand.  I dunno.  I'm ruined because I see him as treating this match as a match on 205.  The finish was confusing.  Postmatch, King hits Anderson on the knee with a chair and is FIXIN! to break it!  Heath charges in and makes the save!  It's Cody Deaner!  Will he fulfill his DESTINY?  He is wrestling a white hot KUSHIDA so it's looking good that Deaner will definitely fulfill his destiny to get completely murdilized!  I know I've seen Deaner's finisher but I can't recall what it is.  I mean, I've seen Cody Deaner win before.   He beat Crazzy Steve on BTI, I THINK.  Maybe that was the match where we found out what Crazzy Steve's finisher was. Either way.  I HAVE SEEN DEANER WIN BEFORE.  RECENTLY!  Deaner is good beating on Kushida to get the crowd behind his STRUGGLE to escape the basic heel offense of Cody Deaner.  Deaner is more vicious in this than I've seen before.  Maybe Cody Deaner RULES.  KUSHIDA starts his babyface comeback with a very nice spinkick.  KUSHIDA is pretty beautiful on offense.  Cody Deaner cuts him off and goes on a run of heel offense.  KUSHIDA catches him on the top and is going for the AWESOME toprope Hoverboard but Joe Doering tries to interfere but Chris Sabin stops him and hits a running cannonball off the apron.  Deaner rakes KUSHIDA's eyes and misses a toprope headbutt and KUSHIDA hits a Front Facelock Suplex With A Bridge and gets the pin.  That was good.  Deaner definitely rules.  That's how a heel should work a match to make a babyface look good.  It's Tiffany Nieves from OVW!  There is an small explosion of OVW ladies littering the wrestling landscape.  If Twitter is to be believed, and there is absolutely no reason to do that, it appears that OVW champion, Leila Grey, is going to get completely bearmauled by Athena soon.  I think that will look a lot like Killer Kelly bearmauling Nieves. Killer Kelly versus Masha Slamovich is your money match.  Hey!  It's Madison Rayne!  She is knocking down the FORBIDDEN DOOR!  Or maybe this was taped a while ago and she went ahead and started wrestling in AEW.  I'm kidding.  Mia Yim is really fucking good.  I assume they knew that this was her last match.  Its cool seeing Rayne in with a seasoned veteran.  You can see some of the same things she tried with Jade Cargill but didn't quite pull off.  The Commentators are definitely talking about all the great things Rayne did with the KnockOuts because they know this is the last match with Rayne.  Fun finish!  Onward and upward, young Madison.  It's Rocky Romero!  He is the busiest guy in wrestling!  It's Speedball Mike Bailey!  He is the busiest man in wrestling- in a sheer number of matches sense!  Speedball is so fucking awesome.  Oh man, this is fun.  Rocky Romero is the Best Possible Cody Dean!  Romero doesn't wrestle as a heel, but Speedball is such a babyface that the crowd gets behind his STRUGGLE to escape the New Japan Juniors style ass beating that Rocky Romero is supplying.  Speedball goes on offense and it is filled with flips and kicks.  Romero cuts him off and sinks in a Fujiwara Armbar!   Great nearfall off a Rolling DDT by Rocky.  Great Superkick by Bailey.  MAN!  They are giving this some time.  I think this is the best singles match I've seen Romero in.  BEAUTIFUL ASAI MOONSAULT by Speedball.  Romero looks fucking great in this.  Another great nearfall after the Moonsault Double Knee by Bailey.  The finish is very complicated with Bailey ending up winning with an Ultimo Weapon.  That was fucking great.  They have a contract signing AND NOBODY GOES THROUGH THE TABLE?   I thought this was professional wrestling?  Good episode.

• Like 2

Solid night of matches. Killer Kelly is amazing, her and Masha are gonna be on a collision course of squashes. Madison Rayne looked great in what I assume was her Impact farewell. Totally would've bought her crucifix bomb as the finish.

Speedball continues to kill it every time out. Wasn't expecting he and Rocky to get such a main event level match but it was awesome. Loved Rocky constantly having Speedball's signatures scouted until falling in the end. High hopes for Speedball vs. Jack Evans next. Kushida continues to be on fire here as well with another good showing. 

Really enjoyed the closing contract segment. Josh will win but it definitely had me wanting to see a Shelley world title run, match should be epic. Looking forward to Emergence. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

That quote from Anderson is odd because as Dean said, he's solid at best so you're never going to get anything outright bad from him. His strength is character work which is why I assumed he'd be one of those guys that would stay in WWE for 10 years before you'd notice. Anywhoo, he had another solid match tonight.

Kushida/Deaner was cool which I expected. Apparently Deaner's finisher is either the G'iver Drop (not sure what that is) or the Deaner DDT.

I think this last run Rayne has had in Impact she's been really good which makes her going into a coach role kind of odd, but if she's going to work every so often in AEW then it'll be cool. She was more a less a seasonal worker in Impact these last 4 years or so. Match with Mia was dope too.

Rocky/Bailey was a banger! I was shocked they gave it that much time too. I just realized Bailey wears kickpads but no shoes.

• Like 2