DVDVR Message Board

Surprising credits thread

Swift

A few weeks back I caught an episode of a Sebastian Cabot show called Checkmate. In a scene in a Hobo Jungle here came Harry Dean Stanton strumming a guitar and singing. That is one reason to really enjoy MeTV, Antenna TV and other channels like those.

The episode of Mannix that Cliff Booth is shown watching in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood... features a young Yaphet Kotto as a jazz player on the run from a redneck sheriff...and in a subversion, the end of the episode reveals that the redneck sheriff was actually the good guy.

In the film Talk Radio, the guy who kills Eric Bogosian at the end is played by Michael "Rockets Redglare" Morra, a New York 'performance artist' and drug addict who also worked as a roadie for The Sex Pistols and admitted to supplying Sid Viscious with drugs the night Nancy Spungen died.

He also claimed to have murdered Nancy, though most of his friends dismissed this as him trying to shock people.

Edited by Southside Jim

My wife is doing a Dawson’s Creek rewatch with her downtime and I’ve never seen an episode. She kept telling me that the hottest guy on the show was Dawson’s dad. When she finally showed me a picture of him, I was shocked to learn it was John Wesley Shipp. (Then I was like of course he’s the hottest guy on the show.) I guess I had just assumed after The Flash was cancelled he’d just been doing the convention circuit and SyFy movies until the CW Flash brought him in. 

• 4 weeks later...

I caught 1973's Executive Action via TCM and Sling.  It's a very low budget conspiracy thriller film with Burt Lancaster as a shadowy government agent who orchestrates the assasination of JFK on behalf of some super conservative businessmen.

Both Ed Lauter and Dick Miller have supporting roles as members of the assassination squad.  I know both guys were "working actors" who appeared in everything, but it's actually kind of distracting seeing them in itas they should have cast total unknowns to drive home the "shadowy government conspiracy" angle.

Edited by Southside Jim

Watching Buzzr last night and not only did we get a young Jay Leno (with sideburns) on the Math Game/Hollywood Squares hour we also got a baby pre-Late Night David Letterman on Password Plus.  Alan Ludden thought he was a real up-and-comer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RIPPA locked this topic