DVDVR Message Board

Surprising credits thread

Swift

This was always my favourite thread on the previous board.

Today, I just found out and am stunned that Uncle Phil was the voice of Shredder in those Turtles cartoons.

Back in the days when Nick at Night was around, and ran old 50s shows, I was watching DONNA REED and George Hamilton showed up as a teenager dating Shelly Fabares.

Even at seventeen and in black and white he managed to look thirty-five and orange.

• Like 2

James Lipton, if memory serves?

Yeah, and that just blows my mind continually.

I think that is an internet hoax, folks.  IIRC Jules Bass (co-founder of Rankin / Bass and also a composer) penned the lyrics and Bernard Hoffer composed the music for the original Thundercats theme song.

I'm not sure if Cracked.com ever posted a retraction but IIRC all references to the Thundercats theme song in Lipton's musical bio at IMDB have been removed and the correct musical credits are now listed at IMDB.

I think that is an internet hoax, folks.  IIRC Jules Bass (co-founder of Rankin / Bass and also a composer) penned the lyrics and Bernard Hoffer composed the music for the original Thundercats theme song. I'm not sure if Cracked.com ever posted a retraction but IIRC all references to the Thundercats theme song in Lipton's musical bio at IMDB have been removed and the correct musical credits are now listed at IMDB.

Yeah - the original article remains the samehttp://www.cracked.com/article_18441_7-celebrities-who-had-badass-careers-you-didnt-know-about_p2.htmlTo be fair - the article is almost three years old and at the time of their research they were going by the incorrect info from IMDB (so it's not like they were trusting like wiki per se)In fact - the article links to Lipton's IMDB page - which as JT says - no longer lists the Thundercats credit

Arnold Schwarzenegger played Loni Anderson's husband when Loni Anderson played Jane Mansfield in an ABS made-for-t.v. movie in 1980:

It's actually great casting, as Jane Mansfield was married to Hungarian Mr. Universe winner Mickey Hargitay.  But still, weird to see Arnold doing schlub t.v. movie work just before blowing the fuck up.

Just saw a trailer for a movie called Getaway, and couldn't figure out out who the old, grizzled guy was. I figured it was either Anthony Hopkins, Jon Voight or Rutger Hauer. IMDB ended up telling me it was Voight, and I wondered what he'd been up to lately.

Y'know that Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 movie that's currently #1 in IMDB's Bottom 100? Well, not only was he in that. He also appeared in Baby Geniuses: Baby Squad Investigators and the upcoming Baby Geniuses and the Treasures of Egypt, and Baby Geniuses and the Space Baby.

You have to wonder how a person's career gets to that stage.

Posted this in the Man of Steel thread on the old board the day before it finally slept with the fishes: 

That was probably about the same time she did the blink and you miss it West Wing appearance (she was one of the farmers when Toby, Josh and Donna get left behind in Iowa)