DVDVR Message Board

Surprising credits thread

Swift

I was reading the Wikipedia article about Robert Lowery (the second actor to play Batman in the 40s serials) and this was a fun tidbit.

In 1956, he guest starred in "The Deadly Rock," an episode of The Adventures of Superman (which was the first time a Batman actor shared screen time with a Superman actor, although Lowery and Reeves had appeared together in their pre-superhero days in the 1942 World War II anti-VD propaganda filmSex Hygiene.)

20 hours ago, (BP) said:

I was reading the Wikipedia article about Robert Lowery (the second actor to play Batman in the 40s serials) and this was a fun tidbit.

In 1956, he guest starred in "The Deadly Rock," an episode of The Adventures of Superman (which was the first time a Batman actor shared screen time with a Superman actor, although Lowery and Reeves had appeared together in their pre-superhero days in the 1942 World War II anti-VD propaganda filmSex Hygiene.)

Also, Sex Hygiene was directed by John Ford.  It's weird credits Inception.

• 1 month later...

I didn't realize that John Paragon (aka Jambi the Genie from Pee Wee Herman) was one of the two gay guys... I mean "Street Toughs" who keeps on bullying Kramer on Seinfeld (Soup Nazi, the AIDS walk, the Puerto Rican Day Parade).

Jambi.jpgImage result for john paragon seinfeld

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I grew up regularly watching that TV movie/failed pilot where Cheech and David Hasselhoff are part of a modern Four Musketeers solving crimes on motorcycles.It was a surprise to later find out him and the guy from Far Out Man were once a famous comedy team.  

On 10/19/2017 at 11:43 AM, LethalStriker said:

It was the twins Cole and Dylan Sprouse who were on Friends and in Big Daddy as how they usually work with child actors.  But it's just Dylan on the Riverdale show.

Speaking of twins, the youngest Wheeler kid on Stranger Things was played by the twins who played baby Judith in an earlier Walking Dead season.

• 1 month later...

Just watched The Reptile via the TCM app after talking Hammer films in the Horror Movie thread.

Totally brain farted that Jacqueline Pearce (Anna Franklyn - the titular Reptile) was also Sevalan, the primary antagonist and general hottie of the British sci-fi series, Blakes 7. 

She was also in Hammer's Plague of the Zombies.

• 1 year later...

I've been watching the Prime Suspect series. Most of you are probably aware of it but for those who aren't, it's a series of 90s British police dramas (Americans would likely refer to them as TV movies) starring Helen Mirren. The first couple of them have had appearances from Tom Wilkinson, Colin Salmon, Zoe Wanamaker and a young Ralph Fiennes.

However Prime Suspect 3 has a ton of familiar faces. 

David Thewlis

david-thewlis.jpg?w=620&h=406

Ciaran Hinds

ciaran-hinds.jpg?w=620&h=406

Mark Strong

mark-strong.jpg?w=620&h=406

Peter Capaldi

peter-capaldi.jpg?w=620&h=406

Jonny Lee Miller

jonny-lee-miller.jpg?w=620&h=406

Danny Dyer

danny-dyer1.jpg?w=620&h=406

and James Frain

012+James+Frain+as+Jason+Baldwin.jpg

On 3/25/2018 at 11:03 PM, odessasteps said:

A shot in the dark, the second pink panther movie, was written by Blake Edwards and ... William Peter Blatty 

Despite The Exorcist, Blatty always considered himself a humor writer.  Where the hell The Exorcist and Legion came from is anyone's guess.

So my morning ritualk with Baby Sandy is she wakes up, gets changed, gets a bottle and then a marathon of Mister Rogers courtesy of Prime (she also gets a pancake 30 minutes after the bottle). In this epic amount of time spent with Fred Rogers I've spotted both Keith David as a resident of Southwood and Ming Na Wen as one of King Friday's Fanfare Trumpeteers. Closing credits confirmed what I saw and now Im' beginning ot further see Mister Roger's Neighborhood as a vehicle to stardom!

James

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

More of a "before they were famous" thing, but in Broken Lizard's Beerfest, the German beer team is comprised of Nat Faxon (won the Academy Award for writing the screenplay for The Descendants)Eric Christian Olson, and Will Forte.

And James Roday has a brief cameo as a German delivery man.