DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/28/22 - Louisville, KY

*Taped for BTI: Bhupinder Gujjar def. Vincent (w/ Maria Kanellis) (6:13) with a small package after Vincent was distracted by Heath's music hitting. After the match, Heath comes out from the crowd and lays out Vincent with the Wake Up Call

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 28, 2022 from Louisville, KY 

*Eddie Edwards (w/ Kenny King) def. Ace Austin (w/ Chris Bey) (16:03) with the Die Hard Driver. During the match, King & Bey were ejected and brawled to the back.

*Laredo Kid & Trey Miguel def. Johnny Swinger & Zicky Dice (3:59) when Laredo pinned Zicky with a frog splash.

*Tiffany Nieves def. Jada Stone (2:08) via pinfall holding the ropes. Tasha Steelz was on commentary. After the match, Killer Kelly debuts and destroys Tiffany & Jada.

*Josh Alexander def. Shera (w/ Raj Singh) (3:13) via ankle lock submission. Shera was injured and had to be helped to the back. Afterwards, Raj got the mic and was interrupted by Sami Callihan, who called out Moose & Maclin.

*Kushida def. Rich Swann (20:09) via Hoverboard Lock submission

Edited by DreamBroken

Another great main event this week from Swann/Kushida, good stuff and it's been awhile since Swann had a big time main event. Ace/Eddie in the opener was also very good. Excited to see Killer Kelly and her eventual showdown with Tasha is going to be an epic battle of two of my favs. Good build for Emergence and a lot of hype for Ric Flair's Last Match which is an epic card overall. 

• Like 1

Ace Austin should do a foray into AEW and wrestle Sammy Guevara and then Dante Martin.  He is of their ilk.  Hell, his girlfriend, Gia Miller, can wrestle!  Get'em in there!  Here, Ace Austin continues his growth from going to Japan by wrestling the very Purocentric Eddie Edwards.  Edwards is fucking awesome.  He does a GREAT belly to belly suplex.  I'm still getting used to face Ace Austin.  The crowd gets behind his babyface comeback!  Eddie dives to nowhere and Ace Austin CRUSHES him with a crazy Tope Con Hilo.  GREAT Spinning Toprope  Guillotine on Edwards.  This match is FUN!  Backpack Stunner by Edwards and I'm getting used to the crowd chanting for Austin.  It's just weird.  Edwards does that REALLY dangerous released Belly to Belly suplex into the turnbuckle.  I wouldn't do that after what happened to Shinjiro Ohtani.  Edwards hits a very nice Lariat on Ace.  Chris Bey takes out Kenny King with a Tope Con Hilo!  Fun nearfalls!  Tiger Driver by Eddie for TWO!  NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB by Eddie Edwards for the win!  That was good!  Laredo Kid!  is tagging with Trey Miguel?  Sure, why not?  Against Zicky Dice and Johnny Swinger!  LAREDO KID IS BOB SEGER?!  Johnny Swinger uncovers the mysteries of wrestling!  Swinger and Dice trying to do the Batten Twins thing is so stupid.  Oh my God.  So stupid.  They may be my favorite tag team.  Laredo Kid crushes Dice with a Love Machine Splash after a Miguel Meteora and that's that!  That was goofy but at least Laredo Kid gets an actual win on IMPACT!  Hey, it's Tiffany Nieves from OVW.  It's Jada Stone from OVW.  I actually stopped fast forwarding long enough to watch the OVW qualifying matches for this.  Stone kills herself and she should prolly get signed.  It's Killer Kelly!  She chokes out Tiffany!  Jada Stone goes way up for a Butterfly Facebuster.  Stone needs to be a KnockOut.  It's Sheera against motherfucking Josh Alexander.  Speaking of OVW, Sheera is always talking in the ring on OVW television.  I don't stop fast forwarding for Sheera oratory.  He looks fine here.  Maybe I should actually watch him versus the beefy stiffs of OVW.  Alexander makes him tap pretty quickly with an ankle lock.  Jessicka Havok seems like fun.  Her and Taya Valkyrie would be a good ass stomper tag team.  It's Kushida!  It's Rich Swann!  TIMESPLITTERS!  The Commentators of IMPACT! are the best in wrestling, going into the credentials of Kushida.  I did not know that Rich Swann was ever in WWE.  Now I do.  I see from Cagematch.net that he was in WWE from 2015 to 2017.  I was not watching WWE during that time period.  I don't think I was actually watching NXT all the way through when Kushida was wrestling on it less than a year ago.  GREAT submission on Swann, a sort of Rings of Saturn but applied with his legs.  They are definitely wrestling this like a WWE match and not a New Japan match- in that they aren't going a thousand miles per hour and they are building up to stuff.  Swann procures a chinlock and the crowd gets behind Kushida's STRUGGLE to escape the chinlock of Rich Swann!  Kushida with a Lyger Shotay into a cross armbreaker that makes Swann get to the ropes.   This match is epic as they sell everything really well- as Kushida mangles Swann's arm.  Nice counter to Kushida's Hoverboard with a German Suplex Hold.  AWESOME FUCKING TOPROPE HOVERBOARD to the mat for the win!  That was fucking impressive.  I forgot that Kushida was fucking awesome.  Rich Swann is also awesome.  That was two really good matches and some entertaining garbage.  Watch the IMPACT! Wrestling!

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, DEAN said:

I did not know that Rich Swann was ever in WWE.  Now I do.  I see from Cagematch.net that he was in WWE from 2015 to 2017.

He was in the Cruiserweight Classic Tournament, and eventually became champ on 205Live. If you ever get the chance you should check the tournament out. That and the Mae young Classic are both worth seeking. I think you would enjoy Satomura vs. Mercedes Martinez from the second tournament.

• Like 1