DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/21/22 - Louisville, KY

*Digital Exclusive Match: Matt Vine def. Ryan Howe

*Taped for BTI: Laredo Kid def. Johnny Swinger (w/ Zicky Dice) (8:11) with a rollup. Scott D'Amore did commentary.

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 21, 2022 from Louisville, KY

*VXT (Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green) def. Jordynne Grace & Mia Yim (9:21) when Deonna pinned Yim after a double team.

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Deaner (w/ Joe Doering) (13:13) after Ultima Weapon to retain the X Division Championship

*Masha Slamovich def. Madison Rayne (w/ Gisele Shaw) (1:14) with the Snow Plow in a squash. After the match, Masha hands Gisele the envelope with her photo in it to be next. 

*Bullet Club (Ace Austin & Chris Bey) def. Honor No More (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis) (10:36) when Ace pinned Bennett with the Fold after Heath interfered and hit the Wake Up Call on Taven.

*Alex Shelley def. Chris Sabin (25:21) via Border City Stretch submission to become #1 contender to the world title at Emergence. After the match, Violent by Design (Deaner & Joe Doering) jump both men until Kushida debuts to make the save. 

Edited by DreamBroken

Laredo Kid vs Johnny Swinger means Laredo Kid wins a match, right?  RIGHT?

EDIT:  That match was fucking great.  Laredo wrestles a US studio match.

I am almost watching this in REAL TIME!  WHAT IS THIS?  1983?  Hey! It's Deonna Purrazzo and the Superstar, Chelsea Green.  Whoa!  Against Jordynne Grace and Mia Yim!  This should be good.  Purrazzo is the Jonathan Gresham of the KnockOuts division.  Grace is married to Gresham.  Grace is taking it to the mat with Purrazzo.  THUS either Grace should be able to hang with Purrazzo.  OR Grace is now married to Purrazzo.  Or Gresham is married to Purrazzo.  Luckily, Mia Yim tags in and I put the inhalants away.  Yim crushes Green's back with a kick but they do a strange part where the ref doesn't see a tag and it leads to Grace being a face in peril.  Grace uses her freakish strength to double suplex Green and Deonna and hits a really sweet German Suplex to make the hot tag!  Twin Tope Suicidas by Grace and Yim!  Yim is the Athena of the KnockOuts- she is just a great all around wrestler.  Great finisher by Purrazzo and Green.  That was good!  Hey! it's Vincent speaking!  HEY WAIT!  HE is on the ROH PPV Saturday!  Vincent is Honor Some More!  PCO is still turning face!  Cody Deaner is 41 years old and is Canadian.  I looked through his matches and he never wrestled in Japan or any country outside of Canada or the US.  Here, he wrestles Speedball Mike Bailey who is 31 and Canadian.  Bailey has wrestled in every country where you can put up a ring.  Deaner looks great in this match.  Doering CHEATS!  Thus Speedball is now a Face in Peril.  Deaner is fun with his use of classic heel beatdown techniques on Speedball.  Speedball has a super fiery babyface comeback.  Deaner hits a NICE powerbomb by pulling Speedball out of the corner.  So the Hierarchy of babyfaces in America is 1.) Roxanne Perez, 2.) Wheeler Yuta, and 3.) Speedball Mike Bailey.  The crowd is behind Speedball, wanting him to fire back at Deaner.  This match is good.  This is the best Cody Deaner match I've seen so far, better than his match against Josh Alexander, and that was good.  I love how they set up the BEAUTIFUL Asai Moonsault by Bailey. Bailey hits his Ultimate Weapon and Bailey retains!  Deaner looked good in that.  I love Deonna Purrazzo and Chelsea Green as a tag team and I'm glad they aren't in the WWE where they would turn on each other in two weeks.  Oh no!  Madison Rayne is going to get slaughtered by Masha Slamovich.  Masha hits a low angle Northern Lights Bomb on the bigger stars.  Oh no!  Giselle Shaw is NEXT!  I guess we'll see how over and pushed Shaw is by how much of an angle is on her Northern Lights Bomb.  Oh cool, Killer Kelly wrestles next week.  Ace Austin and Chris Bey are a great tag team.  This match against Matt Taven and Mike Bennett should be good.  Austin went to Japan for a few months and it did him a world of good.  I love Mike Bennett- especially on the WWA behind the scenes, trying to keep up with his psychotically driven wife.  Speaking of which, MARIA CHEATS!  Taven leans WAY into a kick to the face by Austin.  Austin leans WAY into a punch in the face by Bennett.  Great Blue Thiunder Bomb by Matt Taven.  Ace Austin as a face in peril is something I'm getting used to.  Bennett is so good, crushing his own testicles on the second turnbuckle.  Ace Austin makes the HOT TAG!  Chris Bey does a very complicated double Ace Crusher thingy and a lot of stuff happens.  SWEET Brainbuster by Bennett on Bey!  MARIA CHEATS AND BEY IS LOWBLOWED!  HEATH RUNS IN AND HITS A CUTTER ON TAVEN!  And Austin hits a Fold on Bennett and Bullet Club wins!  That was fun.  Sami Callihan versus Steve Maclin will be good.  Havok becomes Jessica and she is becoming better friends with Taya than Rosemary!  I assume Jessica will be the first to beat Masha.   Rich Swann versus frickin' KUSHIDA!  that'll be good. And Eddie Edwards versus Ace Austin- next week is loaded.  The Motor City Machine Guns wrestle each other for a shot at THE STRAP~!  They start off with a giant wad of Scientific Wrestling.  Back from commercial, it gets more physical as Sabin drops a forearm on the back of the neck of Shelley.  Sabin keeps working on Shelley's neck.  Shelley goes after Sabin's knee and this heats up a little as Shelley is really good at mangling Sabin's knee.  I love how the Commentary gets over that Shelley will go farther to win.  Did I say yet that IMPACT! has the best commentators in all of wrestling?  Yep.  Sabin freaks out after Shelley tries to hyper extend his arm!  HEATH RUNS IN!  I'm kidding.  Shelley is awesome, kicking Sabin right on the kneecap.  CRAZY Belly To Back Suplex where Sabin lands directly on his head (safely, but it looked great.)  Shelley looks fucking great in this.  Sabin has a big comeback and lands a great jumping kick to the face.  Great Lariat by Sabin.  Shelley with a Shiranui!  GREAT finishing sequence with Shelley ending up applying his crossface submission to win.  That started a bit dry but ended up being really fucking good.  Doering and Deaner attacks after the match!  KUSHIDA?   Awesome!  Timesplitters REUNION!  IMPACT!  is some good wrestling.  You should watch it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another very good show! I love Deonna and Chelsea as a team, they look great together. When Deonna got the pin on Yim, I was wanting Deonna to win the title back so it was cool that they actually addressed that later on. I was thinking since Deonna has a shot at the Ric Flair show, but VXT getting a tag title shot instead is also great.

Speedball/Deaner was good stuff. Loving the Speedball X Division Open. Great work from both. The missed Ultima Weapon on the apron looked brutal and then the finish looked even better. Digging the angle of Deaner & Doering trying to re-prove themselves to Young through various means of matches, title challenges, attacks, etc. 

Masha is greatness. Bullet Club/Honor No More was fun, finishing stretch ruled. Maclin/Moose make a solid heel duo, looking forward to more Maclin/Callihan.

Main event was excellent, similar to Sabin/Kazarian last month. I loved how this match started slow and continued to escalate. Shelley was killer working body parts with various holds throughout and that ending up being his key to victory. Awesome big spots and reversals all the way. Shelley's accidental-near backdrop driver looked epic. I loved their last match in 2009 and this lived up to expectations. Cool stats on Shelley actually never getting a world title shot before. Don't think he has much chance of winning that, but Shelley/Josh should be a hell of a match. Cool arrival for Kushida and reuniting the TimeSplitters, already feels like he's going to be a big deal here. Looking forward to another good one next week.

• Like 1

I don't know if you guys picked up on this, but the guy that was running ringside camera on the left side was like REALLY good looking.  I heard he also has all the best opinions about pro wrestling, and is just generally a super cool guy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Log said:

I don't know if you guys picked up on this, but the guy that was running ringside camera on the left side was like REALLY good looking.  I heard he also has all the best opinions about pro wrestling, and is just generally a super cool guy.

HE WAS HIDEOUS!  GAAAH!

• Haha 1