DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

1 hour ago, The Z said:

Ridiculous, especially if they informed the promotions of this only after they already booked him.

As good as he is, I hope PWG gets a replacement for him for BOLA. What's the point of having him there, when you can't show the matches?

PWG still sells DVDs and Blu-ray - guessing this only applies to live streams and Video on Demand

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

PWG still sells DVDs and Blu-ray - guessing this only applies to live streams and Video on Demand

Well, they also have VOD, it's just being released at a much later time, six months after the show happened. That would be strange, if they were allowed to show his matches on the DVD/BluRay release, but not on the VOD. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Bully Ray vs. Matt Cardona is headlining Battleground Championship Wrestling's "A Tribute to the Extreme" tonight live from the sold out ECW Arena. Jerry Lynn is also inducting Rob Van Dam into the Hardcore Hall of Fame.

Announced card:

ROB VAN DAM VS. RHINO

BULLY RAY (WITH DVON) VS. MATT CARDONA

2 COLD SCORPIO VS. RICH SWANN

SUPER CRAZY VS. JUVENTUD GUERRERA

KC NAVARRO VS. VSK VS. BRIAN KENDRICK

THE FBI VS. AFA JR & BEASTMAN

• Like 2

Going to F1rst Wrestling’s Wrestlepalooza on Friday the 13th. My brother got me a ticket. It’s been a while since I’ve gone to one of their shows. Only big names announced so far are Effy and Joey Janela. I’ll do a road report. 

• Like 4

On 12/27/2022 at 3:10 PM, Octopus said:

Going to F1rst Wrestling’s Wrestlepalooza on Friday the 13th. My brother got me a ticket. It’s been a while since I’ve gone to one of their shows. Only big names announced so far are Effy and Joey Janela. I’ll do a road report. 

Here’s the Main Event of the show I’m quoting:

45285-F80-4-D9-D-4-D63-BE96-0-A46-D942-D
Thoughts on these guys? Am I in for a zinger?

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Those four just did a four-way on a DREAMWAVE show a couple of weeks ago that was a lot of fun.  I have a feeling the crowd at First Avenue will be a bit hotter so I'd expect that to be reflected in their performance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Gringo Loco has been one of my favorite guys on the indies to watch in the past year or two. He's one of those people who are stronger and more agile than they look; he comes up with some innovative stuff that doesn't look overly contrived. If you like Rey Fenix you'll enjoy Arez and Komander as they both have a similar style with lots of crazy rope walking and really fluid movements. ASF is a smaller guy but a solid flier. It you like spotty lucha matches you're in for a treat.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Octopus said:

Some of the best on the scene right now. Check out the video clip in this tweet for some highlights of their stuff, especially Komander. The First Ave crowd should love what they do.

Edited by daveprazak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1