DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

So, my friend Max Mitchell and my pal and podcast partner and bestest bud Travis Woloshyn, along with a few others, started a Wrestling promotion. BOOM Pro Wrestling!

https://www.boomprowrestling.com/

Their first show sold out and October's show sold out two days after tickets went on sale.

Here's the highlights

This month's show, "I Want Candy" is Saturday October 29th at the Commercial Drive Legion, 2205 Commercial Dr, Vancouver, B.C.

The Special Guest Ring Announcer will be.....ME! Yes, Johnny Hedgepeth will be travelling from Colorado to Vancouver to bring some class to this show. And I'll be calling the main event. It's the The Finals of The Vancouver City Championship Tournament to crown BOOM's FIRST Champion. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 4

On 10/14/2022 at 11:14 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

The Special Guest Ring Announcer will be.....ME! Yes, Johnny Hedgepeth will be travelling from Colorado to Vancouver to bring some class to this show. And I'll be calling the main event. It's the The Finals of The Vancouver City Championship Tournament to crown BOOM's FIRST Champion. 

At first I was like, "I didn't know you were from Vancouver" and then I read to the end and...well, you're not. ?

What's interesting is they wanted to buy my ring. At first I said no but then depression hit me HARD AF and I messaged Max to see if he was still interested...but they'd already spent a fortune to get theirs. It all worked out in the end.

Edited by Marty Sugar

On 10/23/2022 at 6:23 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

Just read the results and watched a bunch of clips of the XPW show, sounds like everything you would have expected. Yeesh.

On 10/24/2022 at 8:33 AM, Ace said:

It's because Vampiro is generally full of shit, always. 

This seems like the answer.  I didn’t know Vampiro was ill or that he was still working, so I googled him. According to Vamp himself, he in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, has CTE (progressive deterioration of the brain caused by repeated concussions), chronic arthritis, is in long-term therapy for multiple mental health issues, and has a few other health issues he was vague about.

That sounds like…. a lot.  I’m kinda skeptical he’d be able to wrestle if all of that is true.  I’m also skeptical promoters would book him and opponents would agree to work with him.  I can see one or two of those things happening - outlaw mud show mentality and all that - but all three seems like a bit much.  Also, according to Vampiro, modern medicine isn’t/can’t do much for him so he’s turned to alternative medicine and is being treated by an old dude learned in the ways of ancient Chinese medicine.  Because of course he is.  

My guess is Vampiro has some health issues that are greatly exaggerated.  This is the same dude that says he is drug-free then takes a breath and qualifies that statement a bunch of different ways.  Lol, Google also gave me the impression Vamps’ idea of being drug-free and my my idea of being drug-free are surprisingly different.  

Edited by madl

Last night's episode of Talkdown was so big, it got delayed over 13 hours in processing! Better late than never, Episode 4.07 (Title In Turmoil) features Rick Jules, MAD DOG Marty Sugar and The Canadian Goose, all with plans to leave the Okanagan as Big West Internet Champion!

I just got done ring announcing at the BOOM Pro Wrestling show in Vancouver tonight. It was a super fun show and I had a blast. Also, some of the cast of Riverdale was there; KJ Apa, Cole Sprouse, and the guy who plays Kevin . Right before the show as we were getting ready to start I looked over to my right and was like, "Holy shit, it's Sexy Archie!" 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I can't praise enough everyone involved in BOOM and especially the talent. Everyone was incredibly nice and welcoming. And there's a healthy relationship between PNW promotions that are sharing talent that was awesome to see. 
Pre-show I walked around asking the " boys" what they wanted for their intros. Coco Flash didn't know what he wanted cause it was his first time as a heel. I can't remember what we came up with but it was something like king Kazma. Kazma was the important part. He wanted something that sounded like Cosmic but wasn't that on the nose.

After the show he told me I made Kazma work, it's his new heel nickname, and was laughing that it's not a real word. Honestly, I could go on and on and I'm sure I will on a podcast.

19 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

After the show he told me I made Kazma work, it's his new heel nickname, and was laughing that it's not a real word. Honestly, I could go on and on and I'm sure I will on a podcast.

Had he never heard of Kazma Sakamoto?

Last night's TalkDown 4.08 (Lions At The Gate), had a Big West double-debut for two talented newcomers, as Casey Ferreira battles Jimmy Mitchell, with Mason Xross as ref and Mean Machine, Sr. on commentary! Plus we hear from Joe Funk, who has words for the new Internet Champion, Rick Jules...