DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

Sad news out of the Delaware indie scene; former ECWA and Right Coast Pro manager Sebastian Night, real name Brian Recker, has passed away. He leaves behind a six-year-old daughter.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Sad 5

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Why did they use a current pic of Condrey but a 10 year old pic of Eddie? 

While I can't answer the question about Eddie, Dennis Condrey has looked like that since at least 2004, so really that picture could be ten years old as well and we'd never know.

11 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The WSE show has been cancelled. 

Point of order: for the moment they're just pretending it's postponed until July. But, yeah, this show is not going to happen.

"We moved the event out of the UAE out of respect for the death of Sheikh" is a classic bit of pro-wrestling bullshit.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

"We moved the event out of the UAE out of respect for the death of Sheikh" is a classic bit of pro-wrestling bullshit.

To be fair - this is actually true as other big events were cancelled last minute including Floyd Mayweather's most recent fight due to the 40 days of mourning that were put in place

Tournament of Survival 7 from GCW yesterday was good. The semi finals were both the highlights of the night.

My thoughts on the winner:

Spoiler

Drew Parker winning was a somewhat obvious but right decision. He's arguably the best at the deathmatch style. 

• Like 1

Enjoyed GCW's Cage of Survival show today even more than ToS. The scramble opener, SGC vs. Ironbeast, Janela vs. Wreck, and Los Mazisos vs. Yamashita & Sugiura were all great imo, and the main event cage match was an appropriate end to the weekend with several insane glass spots from the top of the cage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

OH MAN!

FUnb6ZCX0AAwXgR?format=jpg&name=large

Advisory to anyone scrolling too fast, the show date listed is "July 69" and listed as taking place in "nopeland, OR". Its one of the fake flyers from the Tom's Custom Twitter account whose gimmick is creating fake match flyers that are really well-done if you're not looking at the text that closely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:40 PM, AxB said:

Combine this with the previously announced Negro Casas & Gringo Loco vs Volador Jr & ASF match and this is looking like a super fun show! 

To make it better, it’ll be streaming for free on the GCW YouTube channel!

• Like 2

A friend of mine just invited me to go with him to the Wrestling Revolver show in Dayton tomorrow night. I figured since I didn't have anything going on, I might as well go. I know nothing about Revolver besides that they are Sami Callihan's group and I've never seen any of their shows. I looked up the card and it looks interesting:

* Main Event: Jon Moxley vs. Speedball Mike Bailey
* JT Dunn vs. Jake Crist for the Revolver World Title
* Alex Shelley vs. Trey Miguel for the Revolver Remix Title
* Steve Maclin & Westin Blake (fka Forgotten Sons in WWE) vs. Infared (Tyler Matrix & Logan James) for the Revolver Tag Team Titles
* Rich Swann vs. Jordan Oliver (sub. for Blake Christian)
* Alex Colon vs. Myron Reed in a Dayton Street Fight
* Madman Fulton vs. Warhorse
* Larry D vs. Crash Jaxson
* Havok vs. Nate Wings vs. Billie Starkz vs. Aiden Prince vs. Cole Radrick vs. Tre' Lamar in a Six Way Sudden Death Scramble
* Also appearing are Sami Callihan, Dan the Dad, Manscout Jake Manning, Phil Stamper and Damian Chambers

Anyone seen any of their shows before? Are they good?

Never watched the company, but that card is bloody stacked.

Wait, no, I have watched the company. I saw Callihan had posted a match on YouTube where he was doing his Space Cat gimmick.