DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

Apparently Saturday's DEFY event will be streamed on PLUTOTV with Mox vs Lawlor main eventing. 

Should be a good show! Also has Christopher Daniels, Swerve Strickland, Nick Wayne, Big Damo, El Phantasmo, Tim Thatcher, the Bollywood Boys... pretty stacked lineup

• Like 2

Unfortunately Brody King had to cancel his appearance at the Defy show this weekend so the hoss fight against Big Damo isn't happening. Some guy named Kevin Blackwood is facing Damo instead. I'm not familiar with him, anyone know of him?

7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Unfortunately Brody King had to cancel his appearance at the Defy show this weekend so the hoss fight against Big Damo isn't happening. Some guy named Kevin Blackwood is facing Damo instead. I'm not familiar with him, anyone know of him?

Isn't he one of the Buffalo guys who was in that serious car wreck with Daniel Garcia and a couple others a few years back?

I just read today that Apple is starting to make moves to force developers to update their apps.  It could take months to implement this, apparently, but they're in the process of giving developers who haven't updated in over two years 30 days to update or get deleted.

IWTV hasn't updated in two years and Highspots hasn't updated in three.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

What constitutes an "update"? IWTV's app is useless.

Both are really horrible!  Neither lets you create a watchlist or implements "continue watching" in any meaningful way, if at all.

I haven't used IWTV in a while, but I recently resubbed Highspots for PWG.  Their iOS app is terrible.  Can't skip forward or back 10-30 seconds, FFWD and rewind is a finger-dragging guesswork shitshow.  No Apple TV app.  Their Roku app was just the same template that a ton of the bottom of the barrel free apps use.  If you browse a promotion's shows, they're in no type of order.  Highspots farms it out to Pivotshare, which is essentially "Squarespace, but for VOD."  It's a company who will build a streaming platform for you with the least amount of effort or care.  It sucks.  The best way to use Highspots at all is via a browser, so the only way I can watch on my living room TV is via Edge on my Xbox.  Lord, what a mess. 

I know neither Highspots nor IWTV has Netflix money but it's 2022 now and since we all typically use many different platforms daily with worlds better interface and user experience, their drawbacks are just glaring.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

Moxley vs Tom Lawlor was a BLOODBATH

https://twitter.com/JakeInRealLife/status/1520640784734715904

https://twitter.com/JakeInRealLife/status/1520642867483398145

Also Tom Lawlor came out in his daisy duke shorts to "Hangin' Tough" by New Kids On The Block and yes he did the dance.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 1

Man that Defy shown was so much fun. The Bollywood Boyz put on another banger defendinf the tag titles. How WWE couldn't think of anything other than "Jinder Mahal's stooges" for those two to do is baffling to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Man that Defy shown was so much fun. The Bollywood Boyz put on another banger defendinf the tag titles. How WWE couldn't think of anything other than "Jinder Mahal's stooges" for those two to do is baffling to me.

Their matches in WWE were pretty mediocre-decent, Jinder or no. There pre-WWE work wasn't anything I recall people speaking highly of either. Seems more like they just got better afterward.

Edited by Eivion

I have to admit I didn't see (or don't recall) much of their work before the WWE. But man, they've been knocking it out of the park in Defy. I guess something clicked with them.

• Like 1

BTW - for those wondering (since they had to miss dates over the weekend) Jay Briscoe tweeted that Mark's wife is home from the hospital as the doctors were able to prevent a premature birth

• Like 6