DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

Pro Wrestling Express in Pittsburgh invited me back after a 25-year absence to host the Circle of Respect ceremony at Burgh Brawl 2022. Congratulations to inductees Jim Miller (founder of PWX) and the 987 faction (JB Destiny, Big Poppa Gator, CK Fortune, and Boomer Payne).

Kaci Lennox won her match, which was cool because I announced one of her bouts in Cleveland a while back. We couldn't stay for the main event, but as we were leaving, I could hear PWX champion James Ellsworth bragging about beating AJ Styles.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DEAN said:

WEEEEEEE!

I was on my feet clapping and smiling hard after that. Really fun show. Effy vs Nick Wayne was hilarious with effy doing the pre match promo about how Wayne is just a boy and he has to be wholesome, he can’t even say the name of his tag team to him. Hella funny. The 6 man was wild, a steel chair bounced off the floor and hit me in the shin, when they were swinging chairs they almost hit me in the head. I was high and terrified lol. I had a lot of fun though. 

• Like 3

fHclWzL.jpeg

Going to my first live wrestling show since pre-pandemic early 2020. This show has been rescheduled three times, was originally going to be in March 2020, then late 2020, then winter 2021, and now finally this week.

Other announced matches include Zicky Dice v AJ Sanchez, for the WPW title, and Jody Threat v Valentina Loca

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

He’s tweeted out about not making the flight and apologized, so I assume everything is okay about it. Janela and Brett need to dial it back, though. Shit happens.

Someone (I think it was Brett) had tweeted earlier (prior to the Bandido tweet) about having multiple wrestlers dealing with cancelled/rebooked flights so when one of them isn't responding at all it is easy to see why the frustrations came out - though I don't really see anything that they need to "dial back" in that tweet.

Since it was basically "Guy you want to see didn't get on his flight and we haven't heard from him. We are trying to arrange a replacement". It wasn't like the went scored Earth saying "He will never work for us again and should never be booked!"

Taking to Twitter to complain about being out $900 when you don’t know if Bandido is okay, right after having a hugely successful Collective event and having a suite for WrestleMania is a little excessive. Probably why he deleted the tweet in the first place.

I know it’s wrestling, but it’s still unprofessional to blast talent on Twitter when you don’t have the facts yet.

Edited by Casey

Ah - you and I are talking about two different tweets. I didn’t see the one you are referencing. I was talking about the one GCW sent that is/was still up

The state of Missouri has increased fees on permits and now is charging promotions $1 for every ticket sold/comped (this is for basically all "combat sports")

Just an FYI for folks in the area that things will most likely change

(Above is Twitter thread from one of the promotions that is probably more explaining how taxes work than anything else)

On 4/14/2022 at 9:53 AM, RIPPA said:

This appears to be a fed that Maria Kanellis Bennett is starting up.

Website only has signup for a newsletter and this video posted on it

Control Her Narrative?

I kid. This actually looks pretty cool.

Kanellis announced the first WWA (I guess that will be the abbreviation) event will be Sunday, May 1 in Providence, RI. It is in conjunction with WWR+ (Women's Wrestling Revolution +) (And I guess Beyond too)

They will tape the show to be "broadcast" at a later date

I think LuFisto is affiliated with them since she has been retweeting the stuff

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

Whoa!  Athena and Taya Valkyrie!

Fuckin' nutty.  I don't really know either well enough to really say, but would it be crazy to suggest that somebody oughtta book this match for some Wednesday with an Owen spot in the balance? 

• Like 1

I came across a YouTube account that had all of Speedball Mike Bailey's matches from WM weekend.  He basically wrestled a Super J Cup but in nine different promotions which is very cool.  Man, there was blood in the Cole Radrick match.