DVDVR Message Board

INDY WRESTLING THREAD~

RIPPA

On 2/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, killsteve said:

Speedball vs Ninja Mack from last night's show has one of the nuttiest spots of the year. Ninja Mack is insanity.

If you haven't seen it yet, Speedball's match with Blake Christian from the next night was amazing.

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Jiminy! Chris Dickibson is coming back big.

FMonqnxVEAAYG9f?format=jpg&name=small

If I'm being completely honest I didn't really like their 2021 Bloodsport match all that much. Maybe this one will do something for me, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

That's disappointing

I'm afraid there'll be a few people who some of us lose some respect for as they keep announcing names.

Most will simply maintain the same amount of very little to no respect that we currently have for them (Aries), but some will be disappointments.

• Like 1

Okay that is a great grift but also almost a social experiment. If this ends up being a series of Andy Kaufman bits designed to sell supplements that definitely have metal shavings in them, I will probably enjoy watching this from the sidelines. 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:14 AM, Spontaneous said:

Went to an indy last night, Sanctuary Fight Club in Michigan. It was held at a bar/small concert venue so I opted for stage seating. It was a nice visual being eye level with the ring.

https://twitter.com/JoeThom90/status/1495566312914964483?t=HlACG7jGsyEokuw8RezsVQ&s=19

La Boom in Queens is like that too. The DDT show was fantastic to begin with, but standing 5 feet away and completely level with the apron really took the visuals to another level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I saw someone on Twitter say this and they were right - it is shocking that Ryback isn't involved with CYN yet

You figure Low Ki has also got to show up at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

What the fuck is a Pro Wrestling TV?

For context - that is CYN TV deal

Pro Wrestling TV "will debut in April with a linear channel and on-demand streaming app, provided as a free ad-supported service to viewers worldwide."

Indie wrestler G-Raver has had multiple women accuse him of domestic abuse and hard drug usage on social media. There were reports he also stole money from H2O trainees and was grooming another but when I asked elsewhere for proof of the H2O stuff I didn't receive anything to substantiate it. He was mostly a DM wrestler, I expect his career is over. Sounds like he is a monster.

10 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Indie wrestler G-Raver has had multiple women accuse him of domestic abuse and hard drug usage on social media. There were reports he also stole money from H2O trainees and was grooming another but when I asked elsewhere for proof of the H2O stuff I didn't receive anything to substantiate it. He was mostly a DM wrestler, I expect his career is over. Sounds like he is a monster.

I'd been on a couple shows with Brandon.  He was always a different kind of cat.  Didn't really go out of his way to talk to anyone else and really kept to himself. He was pretty good in ring before he became a deathmatch guy. I am sure Highspots On Demand has some of his older stuff and I know IWTV has his VOW stuff before he became a DM guy. 

He also had the huge feud with Cornette over the t-shirt he made.   Suffice to say I wouldn't be shocked if the allegations were true. But the thing with pro wrestling is that you could literally kill someone and a promoter would still book you. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

He also had the huge feud with Cornette over the t-shirt he made.   Suffice to say I wouldn't be shocked if the allegations were true. But the thing with pro wrestling is that you could literally kill someone and a promoter would still book you. 

I imagine the bigger DM promotions will want nothing to do with him. GCW, ICW: NHB, ICW, IWA-MS, H2O, HMW, etc. I'm sure he can work the next Carnage Cup or dinky dm feds not filmed. I mean, one of his accusers stated he was abusing meth and stealing from promoters.

• Like 1