DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 7/13/2022!

DEAN

OC-Wardlow was way, way more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Wardlow has the versality I did not know he had. How did he not land on WWE is beyond me now. I know Wardlow's entrace has some serious Goldberg vibes but I am actually Ok with it.  Is Wardlow a new pillar instead of MJF?

One thing I noticed was Anna Jay wearing her original pre-Dark Order gear tonight. Kudos to Deeb for helping lead Anna via a very good match. Deeb is a great hand for sure, just not my personal cup of tea. Curious were Anna goes next; and does Deeb get the ROH Title? 

The 3 way for the tag titles was enjoyable, and the last few minutes was great. Got think the Bucks getting the titles was now pure transitional, and maybe the Hardys were the original plan all along.  But I was hoping Buck-FTR still

The Christian segment was just ok, and both women's promos were not that great.  Jericho - when does Fozzy go on tour? Seriously, if JAS helps elevate Garcia and 2point0 more (and it has) it's ok. I need more Daddy Magic.

Still another fun night of pro wrestling. 

• Like 3

Takeshita needs some wins before he takes on the rest of the BCC (when healthy).

How about teaming with Wheeler Yuta? (I mean, since both Mox and Takeshita bled in the match, by the rules of the BCC, Takeshita is BCC, right?)

Actually, never mind, how about a trios match of Yuta-Takeshita-Claudio taking on say, Nese, Marshall, and I dunno... Aaron Solo?

Comedy option: Orange Cassidy, Takeshita and Danhausen. The Whatever Curse Leaping Line Orange Punches (Very Nice, Very Evil)  brigade?

Props for Wardlow and OC working a psuedo-Dramatic comedy match. Nice blend. Wardlow knows OC's power source is his pockets, so, he goes in and instead of working the arm, or the leg, he uses big man strategy and.. works the pockets.

(actually, random thought, can we get OC a Hot Pockets deal? Imagine mid match where he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a hot pocket mid match (obviously in some kind of semi-hard case to avoid being squished) and eats it. That's a Sports Center top play right there.

Give us Evil TayJay. Then somehow turn the Bunny face, and let the hatred flow once again.

The Limitless Swerve take the belts! A+! Number one and the best. Anticristo, sorry, you're wrong. You're no longer number one, (not to mention God), AEW is #1.

I dislike insider stuff like the sandbag stuff, but Rosa put on a hell of a match, so that bit of insidery gets a pass. BUT DO NAE MAKE IT A HABIT, Coach Tony.

edit: I managed to catch it before hitting post myself, but I want y'all to admit it, each of you probably has once read a post prior to hitting submit, and had to change BCC from that, ahem.. other B?C. ?

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX~!

Honestly, I can see Mox and Takeshita planning this out beforehand.

Mox: "Do you mind if I drop you straight on your head?"

Takeshita: "Sure."

Mox: I promise I'll only do it onc... eh?

Takeshita: "As long as you don't do it more than like 5 or six times."

Mox (blink): Woah.  What do you think about juicing?

Takeshita: Like the orange juice I get at Cinnabon?

Mox: No, I mean blood. Just a little bit of it could make the match..

Takeshita (excited): CAN WE? PLEASE? PLEASE? They don't let us do that much over there..

Mox: Damnit, I gotta see Tony..

Takeshita: Problem?

Mox: Yeah, I don't want to let you go back to Japan.

Takeshita: Give me a signing bonus of Cinnabon, and I'm good.

Mox: Damnit, you're on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

One of the rare Dynamites where everything either met or exceeded the hype. It's usually the sneaky episodes that rock lately but this was a big one and it delivered. Great stuff and that Mox/Takeshita match smoked the Kingston match from last week. Fantastic stuff and I think I liked it damn near as much as I did the tag. Wardlow doing the cartwheel was mindboggling. He had a few moments where he looked a little awkward bumping because of the size disparity but that was really fun. Bless Chuck for cheating with a chainsaw.

• Like 8

I'm halfway through this show and it's been awesome in all the best ways and bad ways. Hook dressed up like Kid Unabomber about to shoot up a school was a choice.

Followed by a breaking kayfabe "sandbag" gimmick that no one cares about.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

Main Event was awesome, but the only thing I'd have edited out was the " Is Swerve gonna swerve Lee?" spot in the middle of the match. We've moved on, and it killed the crowd for a second or two. 
Is Daddy Magic's Cokehead gimmick his impersonation of Tony Khan on Adderal , like he's Mike Myers or Mark McInney doing Lorne?

I also would have turned off TK's live mic a lot faster than they did as he was jacking it during the main. I can't be the only person who heard that?

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was an outstanding episode of Dynamite. Nearly everything exceeded expectations.

Wardlow vs. Orange Cassidy was not only funny but it was compelling as well. I didn't expect the near falls, but it was a hell of a match.

The only thing on the show that seemed to fall flat at least to me was Christian and Luchasarus. The crowd sounded dead during the whole thing. He needs to ditch the dinosaur act.

Mox vs. Takeshita was a damn good match.  Didn't expect the blood, but it was a nice touch. I hope AEW is able to keep Takeshita around going forward.

Anna Jay vs. Serena Deeb was all right. Poor Anna losing in front of her entire family. 

Claudio vs. Hager was another good match. I love Claudio's flying European Uppercuts. I knew the JAS would get involved but was glad when Claudio won.

The three way tag was really good. Powerhouse Hobbs should be in contention for the TNT title. I was plesantly surprised when Swerve and Lee won. I figured the Bucks would sneak a victory.

Overall a good show tonight.

• Like 2

That Chuck Taylor chainsaw spot was one of the best things they've ever done.

Great episode.

Surprised that no-one has mentioned how awful JR was tonight, and I can only put that down to people just accepting it for what it is, and that he was ignored at every turn. "Is that Thunder Rosa in the crowd? Hurp hurp"

• Like 3

Just when you thought that Wardlow was the most over guy in the company, here comes Orange Cassidy.  I see that Orange's gimmick is to lose to big names, but he also gets to kick out of at least one protected finisher.  

Konosuke Takeshita and Jon Moxley beat the everlasting holy dogshit out of each other, but I agree with Foz.  Soup needs some high profile wins.  I'd go as far as to put the All-Atlantic strap on him or at least let him win and defend that NJPW US Title here in the states for like four months.  Will Osprey is the Rev Pro UK Champ.  He can stand to lose the NJPW US Belt to Soup and win it back in the winter just in time for next year's G1.

Luchasaurus's transformation back to Vibora is the best.  The only thing missing is Drago helping him kill people while green goo oozes out of his mouth.  Lizard Clan in AEW?  God, I hope so.  Jungle Boy as the leader of an expanded Jurassic Express when Lizard Clan tells Christian Cage to eat a bag of shit and turns back to face?  Even better and just in time for them to get smashed by the House of Black in the Trios title tournament finals that needed to happen yesterday.

Claudio vs. Hagar was brutal but unsurprising.  It is too early in Claudio's run for him to be dropping falls.

Anna Jay did not stand a chance.  Deeb is going to march to DBD and hopefully kill Mercedes Martinez on her way to the RoH Women's Title.

So after two unsurprising matches, AEW goes and pulls the rug out from under me and puts the belts on Swerve and Lee!  I was stunned.  How cool of the Bucks to be transition champions?  Now Swerve in Our Glory can eventually pass the belts on to Hobbs and Starks after a good ninety day title run.   I am guessing that the Bucks will get their win back against FTR for the AAA or RoH belts so that both teams can continue to jaw at one another about which team is the Extra Most Bestest In the World.

The situation with the Baddies is slow burn to the point of being boring in its inconclusiveness.  The right answer is not to turn Jade Cargill into a face and let her keep her unbeaten streak by running through heels.  The right answer is to turn Stokely Hathaway into a tweener so that he can manage Swerve in Our Glory and talk mad shit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

I liked that Team Taz were wearing Gold and White, implying that they were going to win the belts, but instead they went to the other challenging team.

2 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Surprised that no-one has mentioned how awful JR was tonight, and I can only put that down to people just accepting it for what it is

Serena comes to the ring: Ross talks about her looks

Anna comes to the ring: Ross talks about her looks

Like with all the Vince stuff coming out, maybe JR should dial this kind of thing back like 250%.

• Like 5

The thing is, they took JR off the first hour of Dynamite, but then put him still on for the second hour (with Entrance Music!), and let him do Rampage too. So he's still getting two hours of TV every week, with a 20 minute break in between. He's not actually demoted at all.

• Like 1