DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 7/11 - 7/17/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Vinci/Crews was solid.

Tatum/Kayden was good while it lasted. Wouldn't mind seeing a longer match between them later on.

Solo/Wagner was decent though I probably enjoyed the post match backstage brawling more than the actual match itself.

Sanga/Hudson was decent enough with Hudson making Sanga look good.

Roxanne/Mandy was pretty good despite being so short. Mandy was nice and vicious with how she focused on the ribs, and Roxanne did a fine job selling and making her fired up comeback late in the match. The turn by Cora Jade was kind of predictable though and annoying being so early in with the two still being tag champs as well. Feels like they could have waited a few more weeks at least.

• Like 1

NXT was ok this week, you can tell they're just setting the seeds for their next special.

They still have a hell of a roster though so it would be hard to not making something semi compelling just based on sheer talent.

Kudos to Indi and Cora for working thorough botches. Just pros being pros.

Anyone in the thread familiar with Cora's pre-NXT work? Did she work heel at all? I also assume her gimmick back then wasn't the crush of 85% of young men in the early 2000s.

I didn't see a lot of Elaynie Black (I think that was her indie name) but I don't remember her being a "heel" but more of a brooding emo with kind of a vicious streak to her.  Instead of a skateboard she use to come out with a little coffin that contained I guess a notice of their opponent death.  

If you didn't know already it is obvious that they are trying to destroy women's tag team titles.   I guess even the thought of them makes people think about Sasha and Naomi and can't have that shit

There is way too much ass on NXT to be a PG show.  I think just the creation of Toxic Attraction and Nikita Lyons eliminates it from PG category 

I can only imagine how more annoying commentary is going to be under TV 14.   Sure Corey Graves is desperately pitching live sex shows every week now

Liv Morgan and Natalya wrestle!  Natalya isn't afraid to do a headlock/head scissors section.  They do stuff.  Liv gets posted!  Will there be blood?  They are x-rated now!  Not yet.  Liv Morgan does offense.  They have some awkwardness but Natalya hits an fucking EVEREST RELEASED GERMAN SUPLEX!  PUT THE BELT ON HER!  Natalya hits a Tiger Driver for TWO!  Morgan hit OBLIVION and wins!  Natalya looked great.  Morgan looked fine.  That was pretty good.  Natalya is fucking awesome.  SHANKY! DANCING!  Lacey Evans IS Larry Zbysko!  So fucking awesome.  Lacey is a heat machine!  SHE IS DISGUSTED BY THE LACK OF APPRECIATION!  FUCK YEAH!  FUCK THESE RUBES!  YOU ARE AN AMERICAN HERO!  THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!  Who needs MJF when you have Lacey Evans.  GO TO HELL, YOU TOOTHLESS REDNECKS!  And she leaves!  So fucking great.  Ridge Holland and Drew McIntyre have at it.  Drew punches him right in the face and it looked GREAT.  Drew gets posted!  Will there be blood?  They are x-rated now!  Not yet.  Ridge Holland procured a chinlock so he doesn't forget and end Drew's career.  Drew hits a Claymore and that's that.  Madcap Moss and Daniel Garcia Further Along have a wrestling match.  Moss is powerful and throws Theory with a Samoan Drop after almost eating it!  Theory bumps like a FREAK on a Lariat over the rope.  Theory has mad HOPZ~! and Moss flies into the STEEL STEPS!  We return and Theory is applying a chinlock.  Theory is Koji Kanemoto in 1998, slapping Moss around and being a dick.  Madcap with a POUNCE!  Madcap has good punches.  AND A FUCKING GREAT LARIAT!  So Madcap Moss is awesome.  Who knew?  Theory is fucking great, taking some pretty savage offense like a CHAMP.  Theory with a Side Blue Thunder Bomb.  This is great.  Finish is shitty, but this was good.  It's Angelo Dawkins versus I still can't tell which Uso is which.  They're both good.  Angelo hits his own POUNCE! driving JIMMY over the barricade!  Uso hits some sort of Flying Hip Attack but they cut away from impact so I have no idea if was any good.  Angelo hits a SkyHigh after two visual pins after a ref bump.  That was perfectly fine.  Jeff Jarrett screwed up the NWA world title call like four months ago!  An abomination!  That was not a whole lot of wrestling but what they had was perfectly fine.  Madcap Moss was good.

• Like 4

Liv/Nattie was good despite some awkward moments.

I did enjoy New Day finally getting one over on the Viking Raiders.

Drew/Ridge was a decent squash.

Skipped Theory/Madcap though I did enjoy the post match stuff.

Jimmy/Dawkins was nice until the dumb finish. Understandable for the story going on but still disappointing. Jarrett can be amusing, but no one in WWE's current audiences remembers enough about him to give a damn. Was there no one else? Road Dogg or D-von probably would have worked better.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Jimmy/Dawkins was nice until the dumb finish. Understandable for the story going on but still disappointing. 

Well, it was a clean finish, which is a rare commodity for WWE TV- even if they were trying to make it controversial.  I mean do they REALLY want to make big deal about PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING REFEREES missing things in wrestling matches?  Do these people WATCH wrestling?

• Like 2