DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 7/11 - 7/17/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Still more tasteful than a lot of wrestling shirts I’ve seen.

This one is pretty awful, but I'll tell you, I've never been more embarrassed for any person (and frankly myself, as a wrestling fan) than when I saw a shirt that simply said: 

BENOIT 6:24

Everything else I've seen pales in comparison. 

• Sad 1

It's the Misterios versus Finn Balor and Damien Priest!  REY IS A BAD FODDER!  Rey Rey versus Finn Balor should be good.  Damien Priest CHEATS!  YES!  Rey Misterio Jr is a great professional wrestler, for those of us who need to be reminded every now and them.  Finn Balor is pretty good too.  Rey sells the knee like a man who no longer has any.  Great baseball slide into a Sunset Flip on the outside by Rey.  SWEET Toprope Frankensteiner by Misterio!  For two!  Rey is fucking great using his mangled knee to make too much time to hit the Love Machine Splash.  Balor is awesome being relentless getting to the finish.  BIG TIME BECKS!  Is she still crazy?  Or is back to just being intense?  It's Bianca Belair taking on Carmella.  Carmella dances like YOUR aunt at a wedding.  It's adorable.  Bianca mauls her in the corner.  Bianca mauls on the outside.  I sense a trend.  We return from a commercial and I assume Carmella got in some offense when no one was looking- as Bianco crushes Carmella with a TILTAWHIRLBACKBREAKER variation!  Carmella gets in some offense!  I'm trying to place Carmello in the hierarchy of in-ring women in WWE.  She's better than Shotzi Blackheart but not as good as Sonja Deville.  Yeah, right about there.  She looks great in this match.  Bianca is fucking VADER.  This match is good.  The finish was KINDA bullshit, if there wasn't the crappy part of Big Time Becks distracting her TO MISS THE TEN COUNT?  Yeah, that was weak.  Pretty good up to there though.  The Miz is wrestling again!  With Ciampa!  Against AJ Styles and Ezekiel!  The Miz SHINES UP~! Ezekiel!  He SHINES UP~! AJ Styles!  Ciampa tags in and beats on Ezekiel for a second and Ezekiel hits some impressive power moves until THE MIZ CHEATS to get us to a TRUE Ricky Morton Moment for Ezekiel.  The really beat the crap out of him!  It's fun!  They didn't pull Styles off the apron so this isn't a classic Southern tag, but he does make the hot tag after Ciampa tags the MIZ so it's close enough.  Styles is Robert Gibson if Gibson had a VASTLY superior offense.  The MIZ hits a fucking beautiful DDT to cut off Styles.  Styles applies the Calf Crusher and Ciampa makes the save and beats on Styles long enough to get DQed?  Jesus, it's the night of shitty finishes.  It's Alexa Bliss tagging with Asuka- which is a good idea.  They wrestle Nikki ASH and Doudrop- which is a good tagteam.  Asuka goes back to her Joshi roots by screaming a lot early.  Doudrop is BamBam Bigelow.  I love the Modified Chinlock that Nikki applies- very World of Sport.  Asuke beats the crap out of Doudrop and Nikki ASH.  Whoa!  And Bliss hits a DDT and that's that.  That was short but good.  The Usos and Omos are tagging against R-Truth and the Street Profits.  Dawkins is so intense.  R-Truth is our face in peril.  R-Truth, according to cagematch.net, is 50 years old and has been wrestling for 25 years, so he know how to take an assbeating.  Dawkins totally eats it on a Piscada as the Street Profits try to save R-Truth.  We go to a commercial and R-Truth is being slaughtered by Omos.  Montez Ford makes the hot tag and he IS Shawn Michaels- because he is leaving his tag team to have a giant singles run, it appears.  Dawkins will INSTANTLY be the best member of the Dark Order when he gets let go.  Omos kills Dawkins dead!  That was good.  Seth Rollins and Austin Theory takes on Bobby Lashley and Matt Riddle!  Theory IS a farther along Daniel Garcia.  Seth Rollins is the glue of the match. Riddle assumes his role of being beaten to death.  (Dolph Ziggler is there.  I assume there is some reason that I fast forwarded over.)  Riddle gets a hope spot by elaborately applying a sleeper.  Rollins goes up BIG for Lashley's hot tag offense.  Lashley fucking destroys Theory and then takes a Superfly splash by Rollins for two!  Lashley spears Rollins through the barricade!  Theory gets a roll-up with both feet on the ropes!  Ziggler pushes his legs off the ropes and allows Riddle to hit an RKO while Theory stares at Ziggler in disbelief!  That was fun.  That episode had a lot of wrestling, some of which was marred by really shitty finishes, but there was way more good than bad.

• Like 3

Thought Bianca/Carmella was very good, better than their MITB match. Shame the crowd wasn't into it since nobody was really buying Mella as a threat and were just waiting for whatever Becky would do. Loved the KOD counter into facebuster. Reminded me more of the very good matches Carmella had in years past when she was a title threat. 

There was that forgotten segment a month ago where Ziggler superkicked MVP and then Omos chased off he and Roode that was never followed up on. Ziggler was in the MITB battle royal 2 weeks ago, but tonight was treated as "wow we haven't seen him in quite some time!"

• Like 1

What I caught of Rey/Finn was nice.

Bianca/Carmella was good up until the shitty finish. Not sure why they went that direction unless they want to give us a shitty 3-way at Summerslam. I like Carmella, but no one really wants ot see her get between Belair and Becky right now.

Enjoyed Truth getting involved in the SP/Usos segment. What I caught of the match it led into seemed pretty decent.

Most of the show was background noise to me so I only caught bits and piece of most everything else save the women's tag which was decent while it lasted.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

The Miz's new shirt is no APA ALWAYS POUNDING ASS shirt.

Brock was the highlight of this show. I wanna see him vs Gable or Otis. I think Brock liked the idea of tangling with Otis. COME ON BIG BOY. Gable is the small kinda guy he likes having matches with because he can really toss them around.

Bianca vs. Carmella was a pretty good match. I was surprised by Carmella successfully countering the KOD. The ending was dumb, but anything to keep Becky happy I guess.

AJ/Zeke vs. Miz/Ciampa was a solid tag match. It's nice that Ciampa is doing something on RAW. He could have easily been banished to Main Event like others in the company. The ending made no sense. I laughed when Corey was all "what the hell was that for". Yeah they apparently have this rule for tag teams that you are allowed only one run in to break up a pin/submission. After that it's a DQ.

Alexa/Asuka vs. Doudrop/Nikki was a fun little tag match. I guess Nikki is evil because she's in black now. 

Another match randomly changed we get a six man instead of Dawkins vs. Jimmy Uso. R-Truth randomly coming out was random. I feel for Dawkins if they split up the profits because it's clear they see nothing in him compared to Montez which is a shame because he's equally as talented.

I wonder why they changed up the two matches and combined them into a tag for the main event. It wasn't a bad match. Theory is getting pushed too fast though. I'm amazed at the start of the show Brock didn't burst into laughter when Theory said he'd cash in on him. No one buys Theory as a possible potential successful cash in. I love Bobby Lashley's run right now though. I hope he has a long run as US Champion and they don't do something stupid like insinuate Theory could be a double champion at Summer Slam.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Bork returns tonight. 

But for those who missed it: 

This was lovely. It shows that it is totally fine and acceptable to mark out over wrestlers half your age, so the world needs more of this.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dog said:

Who are the vignettes for?

Edge, showing various items related to his biggest rivals over the years. The first one showed symbols of Eddie, Dudleyz, Christian, Angle and Jeff Hardy. While the second one tonight featured symbols of Orton, Cena, and Foley.

why it requires all this when he was just there a few weeks ago is beyond me though. 

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late.  Shota Umino and PAC went until 8:40ish.  THEN I had to take a shower.  Not because of anything having to do with Shota vs PAC, I just take a shower every night!  I'M NOT A WEIRDO!  Well, I'm kind of a weirdo because I watch so much professional wrestling.  But that is the extent of my weirdo-ness.  Anyway!  Oh no!  They did something to Roxanne Perez!   Appollo Crews takes on Giovanni Vinci!  This is good.  Vinci is good.  Apollo Crews is good.  Low grade offense and old school wrestling is what this is about as we suffer through picture in picture.  They do a front facelock all through the picture in picture.  Vinci could be the third Good Brother.  Crews hits some nice clotheslines and does a Three Amigos.  Nice Brainbuster after a great power move to set it up by Vinci.  Xyon Quinn interferes!  Vinci hits a Last Ride version of a Tiger Driver for the win.  That was good.  Tatum Paxley and Kayden Carter go at it.  Paxley is pretty good.  Except those corner headbutts were horrendous.  A roll-up win!  That wasn't very long.  Pretty Deadly are so Bro Country!  They are awesome.  Sanga takes on Duke Hudson!  HOSS BATTLE!  Hudson is a hoss, right?  He's a rangy Australian so he is a hoss.  In this match, he is there to make sure Sanga looks good.  And he does.  That was also not very long.  Von Wagner and Solo Sikoa is a HOSS battle!  They are kind of starting over with a build to a show like last week's so I guess this whole show will be low key.  I mean, this is fine but it all gets smoked by last week's show.  I guess they are going to see what sticks.  A double count out is an acceptable finish on this night of low to midgrade wrestling that isn't lasting very long.  Lash Legend and Indi Hartwell hook'em up!  Live TV and Hartwell misses on her finish.  They sorta cover for it.  Alba Fyre comes out and annoys Legend?  This is a rough episode.  Okay, Edris Enofe and Malik Blade HAVE to have a good match, right?  Enofe is so strange and smooth.  Enofe is our face in peril.  Stacks Lorenzo is good at beating some heat on Enofe!  Blade is a peppy Robert Gibson!  That was a lot of altitude on that legdrop.  Tony D comes in and hits a Fisherman Suplex for the win.  That was good.  Roxanne is all taped up!  Mandy kicks her directly in the bandage!  Mandy Rose is fucking great beating on the giant target.  Roxanne sells like a motherfucker.  Perez is such a great babyface.  She is the 20 year old master of babyface fire.  So fucking great.  This is old school NWA Ricky Steamboat/Ricky Morton level shit.  Mandy Rose is Arn Anderson- NO, she is Ole Anderson, beating the fudge out an injured Perez.  Perez is William Regal in using her facial expressions to tell this story.  So fucking good.  Oh man, this match is so good as Perez goes on offense.  Cora Jade turns on her!  Well, that was surprising.  Well, actually it being WWE, it's kind of expected since no tag lasts more than three weeks.  That was fun.  I would have liked it better without the heel turn and Perez just lost because she was too injured to beat the champ, but this is the WWE and not 1985 NWA so I'll roll with it.  

• Like 2

I’ve watched too much WWE.  As soon as Cora mentioned that she and Perez arrived at the building separately, I guessed who the attacker was.  Even for WWE, the heel turn seems several months too early, but it’s what they did.

Also, was I seeing things or did Cora’s skateboard fly apart when she raised it overhead?  I don’t think she actually hit Perez with it.  The visual of Cora beating Roxanne with the tiny piece of the skateboard was unintentionally funny.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

15 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Also, was I seeing things or did Cora’s skateboard fly apart when she raised it overhead?  I don’t think she actually hit Perez with it.  The visual of Cora beating Roxanne with the tiny piece of the skateboard was unintentionally funny.

I was about to ask the same thing. Cora's heel turn might have made some kind of sense had she and Roxy been tagging for a while and them to actually build up some form of jealousy instead of having her turn the week after winning the titles. Or maybe the powers that be decided if the main roster doesn't get women's tag titles then no one does.

• Like 1