DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JULY 2022 - THREAD 2

17 hours ago, Jiji said:

I'm excited to watch his Dangerous Alliance run.

Oooo, you been missing out this long too? The Cruncher is a total shocker of an Anderson-style meat chopper. I still haven't seen all the AWA stuff but I don't think he even wrestled like that then. 

• Like 3

Sadly, the majority of that Jesse interview is Jesse sounding like my grumpy father in law who can’t stop himself from dominating a conversation and rambling on from one thing to the next.

18 hours ago, zendragon said:

This could work possibly. Stu, Alan Angels, Jelly Nuttella..

A year or two back, my wife walked by while Stu Grayson was onscreen and asked me what the deal with “dime store Kratos” was and now that’s the only way I think of him.

GoW: Ragnarok is due to be released in December.  Maybe Stu can get a new AEW gig then.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sadly, the majority of that Jesse interview is Jesse sounding like my grumpy father in law who can’t stop himself from dominating a conversation and rambling on from one thing to the next.

I remember Jesse on Austin’s pod years ago saying he’d move to Mexico if Trump were elected.  Did he?

29 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I remember Jesse on Austin’s pod years ago saying he’d move to Mexico if Trump were elected.  Did he?

The Mexicans were probably far too smart than to allow him to enter.

Anyone remember when post Owen Hart being killed he went on CNN and was so vitriolic ripping on WWE that Eric Bischoff was defending them and then like a month later he took a giant bag of cash to be at SummerSlam?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jiji said:

eddie-kingston-wink.gif

Finally get to the end game of this angle?

Speaking of, I always thought Kingston's sudden face turn to protect Moxley from the non-explosion was always kind of premature, especially after giving him a stable. 

Whatever is going on with MJF, I hope there's a satisfying payoff to that promo. To me the natural conclusion would somehow MJF becoming champion and holding the title for like a year if not longer.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Don't think he ever went for citizenship, but he was talking about it pre-Trump as far back as at least 2011. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/173943/former-minn-gov-ventura-miffed-by-court-setback-says-hell-seek-mexican-citizenship/

I'd heard him present himself as living "off the grid" down there for a while. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2022 at 11:50 AM, Craig H said:

Bwahahahahahahaahhaha, you can almost feel Jericho regretting this interview:

Was there another part where Jesse asked how his wife was doing.  While I am sure it was just a normal "How is your wife doing" but it wouldn't surprise me if Jessie knew about Jericho's wife and thought that question was perfect

Edited by hammerva

On 7/15/2022 at 7:55 PM, TheVileOne said:

Speaking of, I always thought Kingston's sudden face turn to protect Moxley from the non-explosion was always kind of premature, especially after giving him a stable. 

Whatever is going on with MJF, I hope there's a satisfying payoff to that promo. To me the natural conclusion would somehow MJF becoming champion and holding the title for like a year if not longer.

ALSO speaking of which, I really wish we got a payoff as to why Eddie wanted the Lucha Bros. to wrestle each other.

• Thanks 1

I like that there wasn't one. It seems entirely consistent with the Mad King persona. Dude is just starting shit for the hell of it. I mean, it probably wasn't their intentions and seemed to be more a case of "rather than assess their friendship with Eddie, he then pushes them against each other and focuses their attention on that relationship crumbling instead" that wasn't really played out, but I hope that Eddie Kingston: Chaos Demon comes from it over time.

• Like 1

I know everyone loves to dunk on JR these days (and it's at least 50% of the time deserved) but I gotta admit I miss Dynamite starting off with him enthusiastically yelling "IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT!". Excalibur's version ("Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's Wednesday") just isn't as good.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 9:45 PM, Jenalysis said:

MJF would need a new faction of malcontents.  I'd bring Stu back at a minimum to be part of it.

In my head his new faction would either be overlooked AEW people that he's had associations with in the past, like Butcher & Blade, Spears, and Kip Sabian, or a group of mediocre ex-wwe guys under the guise of "they've been to the big leagues, so they're inherently better than anyone here." Any four of the last few rounds of releases would do. Like Mojo, Big Cass, Enzo, Hawkins (who trained MJF and would probably do it). Just the most mediocre ex-WWE hacks you can find. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I know everyone loves to dunk on JR these days (and it's at least 50% of the time deserved) but I gotta admit I miss Dynamite starting off with him enthusiastically yelling "IT'S WEDNESDAY NIGHT!". Excalibur's version ("Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's Wednesday") just isn't as good.

Let Tony Schiavone do it. He’s very good at conveying excitement through short sentences that start with the word “It’s”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

AEW Dark taping spoiler:

Spoiler

Baby Brock aka Parker Boudreaux debuted alongside Ariya Daivari and the most important of them all... DA GOD OF THIS SHIT, SLIM J

Tony no longer in his flop era.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Let Tony Schiavone do it. He’s very good at conveying excitement through short sentences that start with the word “It’s”.

Would Tony Schiavone spontaneously combust if he couldn't use "buddy" while commentating? Feel like he's coasting a little bit too much the last few months but he's still pleasant to have around.

The Private Party could really benefit from going on some international excursions. They do some good things in their bouts, but they also do a lot of dumb shit that they need to curb. If NJPW is accepting AEW talent for tours, get these two over there pronto.

19 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Big time disagreement here. Excalibur says it right. Ross adds extra words. Feels kind of disrespectful, like he doesn't even know why he's saying it.

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ross usually say "It's Wednesday Night, you know what that means" while Lee's tweets were "It's (insert day) you know what that means"? So, what, he adds 1 word?

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Now this idea I like a lot. But only if Tony draws out "Wednesday" the way he does with "Sting"

"IT'S WEDNESDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY"

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ross usually say "It's Wednesday Night, you know what that means" while Lee's tweets were "It's (insert day) you know what that means"? So, what, he adds 1 word?

Ross also throws an "and" in there. And he shouldn't be overly excited; Brodie used periods, not exclamation points.

But I'm pedantic. ?

Disinterested JR glibly putting down his iPad, closes the browser window on Anna Jay's Instagram, and deadpan reading "itswednesdaynightandyouknowwhatthatmeans" off the prompter, before turning his back on the hard camera to open a bottle of Jack Daniels would be the best way to start the show possible with the hand they've been given.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3