Sit Downs: JR

Dark Order matches: Larry Zbyszko

Or as he would call it "The Dark Odor" He was a clever man that Larry

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

Or as he would call it "The Dark Odor" He was a clever man that Larry

Larry-Zbyszko-finger-twirl-bow.gif

What do you mean by "was"? Buy Morphoplex now!

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, Jiji said:

I was wondering what the end goal is here. Logically, MJF will probably come through the crowd and jump somebody or steal a mic or something. But then what? How do you reintegrate him back into the fold in a way that makes sense, doesn't abandon his complaints, and would make sense from the fans' perceptions of Khan's point of view? I would hope that they'd have that stuff planned out in advance, but it's definitely a tough one. His main targets in the shoot were Tony Khan being a mark and not paying him and the influx of former WWE wrestlers. Does he target them? Why would Tony Khan the character pay him more money? ?

MJF would need a new faction of malcontents.  I'd bring Stu back at a minimum to be part of it.

• Like 1

Larry Z gets slept on too often. Zbyszko vs. Masa Saito in the Tokyo Dome from 1990 for the AWA title is one of the outta nowhere great matches. Had no expectations and they had the crowd eating that shit up by the end. Smart wrestler. I'm excited to watch his Dangerous Alliance run.

He had some great TV title matches with Regal in '94 I want to say, too, right? I remember watching them after somebody here posted them and put them over strong, rightfully so.

• Like 7

Just now, zendragon said:

This could work possibly. Stu, Alan Angels, Jelly Nuttella..

Feel like MJF should associate himself with winners and not those guys, but it's a neat idea in theory.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Larry Z gets slept on too often. Zbyszko vs. Masa Saito in the Tokyo Dome from 1990 for the AWA title is one of the outta nowhere great matches. Had no expectations and they had the crowd eating that shit up by the end. Smart wrestler. I'm excited to watch his Dangerous Alliance run.

He had some great TV title matches with Regal in '94 I want to say, too, right? I remember watching them after somebody here posted them and put them over strong, rightfully so.

Zybisco vs Regal 1 is one of my all time favorite matches. 

Stu doesn't really have the stink of a loser on him, esp since he left on his own terms apparently.

Maybe have Tully Blanchard's ROH goons as part of his group too if he stays heel?  

Edited by Jenalysis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

What's the reference there? I am thinking 80s two-tone ska band Madness, but that can't be it.

Danielson is going to come back and be pissed that Claudio’s come in and is making everyone have fun and listen to his jokes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Danielson is going to come back and be pissed that Claudio’s come in and is making everyone have fun and listen to his jokes.

I like this because in theory you can weave Kingston right into the build for that one as someone who dislikes/distrusts both. Maybe position Mox as torn between BCC and the Kingston/Ortiz/Ruby? contingent, and Yuta/Regal as the voices of reason who blame Kingston for the shit stirring

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I really hope that one day soon somebody with stroke comes to the realization that having 3 plus commentators chewing up every second of every show is incredibly fucking annoying and a disservice to the action. Far too much philosophy. And far too many egos clamouring to get their moment to hear their voice in this irritating merry-go-round of stupidity. Respect the viewer's ability to think and to see with their own eyes. 

My big issue is that you have a booth (when its JR, Tony and Ex) with three lead announcers. The Nitro booth had Tony as a lead, Larry/Bobby as color and Tenay chiming in during the Lucha matches doing his professor bit. Dynamite has no defined lanes so you get a lot of people talking over each other. Taz is good in the booth cause he naturally goes to color/analyst instead of trying to lead the broadcast

• Like 1

Schiavone's really more of a David Crockett "Wow, isn't this great?!" commentator now, which really suits him. I don't know what the fuck Ross is trying to do.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, chriskbrown50 said:

He has grown into the role well.  He has the task of moving things along plus all the promos. 

Oh absolutely.  I probably misphrased that and it came across as a knock on him.  What I meant was everybody else is blabbing so much that Excalibur, the PBP guy, can't get a word in during situations where he needs to.

He's an amazing commentator and has come a long way from calling PWG in post in his apartment with Taro.

8 hours ago, Dog said:

Schiavone's really more of a David Crockett "Wow, isn't this great?!" commentator now, which really suits him. I don't know what the fuck Ross is trying to do.

I thought Ross was getting better aften crowds came back - sort of like thousands of screaming fans were there to tell him "no, Jim, these PWG flippy kickout guys *are* actually over". But now he's regressed into incoherence. Saving him for the second hour isn't helping. I waffle between being a JR apologist and critic, but jeez man he's too old now. He's not capable of putting his thoughts together before something else happens in the match.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1