DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 7/6/2022

The Natural

Allright!  Let's watch the pro wrestling.  It's been a good week for wrestling so far.  RAW was good, Elevation was perfectly fine, Dark was very good and NXT was great!  Let's see what AEW serves up, shall we?  LET'S WATCH!  And I see that we are starting with Wardlow getting the belt.  Wardlow is channeling a cross between Scott Steiner and Scott Norton!  Dan Lambert is a HEAT MACHINE and Team America Top Team Top beats on Wardlow after Lambert distracts Wardlow!  CHEATING! BUT IT'S ALL LEGAL!  Scorpio beats some heat onto our babyface and Wardlow has a few comebacks and we go back to a regular screen and Wardlow is hitting a BEAUTIFUL SWANTON!  Wardlow beats on America Top Team and a couple of guys have been working on taking bumps and they did great.  Powerbombs!  More Powerbombs!  NEW TNT CHAMPION!  Wardlow versus Andrade already!  Smart Mark Sterling is setting up Tony Nese versus Shane Strickland?  Sure.  That'll be good.  It's Christian Cage!  It's.... Matt Hardy?  CHRISTIAN IS AWESOME!  Who is MJF?  Christian is so fucking great.  Oh my God!  Oh,  I thought Hardy was going to bleed.  Matt Hardy goes through a table!  I don't know where this is going- Hardy/Jungle Boy versus Christian/Luchasaurus, I guess? That'll be fine. Needed Hardy to bleed.  Oh man, Claudio versus Jake Hagar will be good.  KEITH LEE!  SHANE STRICKLAND!  BUTCHER! BLADE!  This isn't the smoothest match.  Strickland is working the bulk of the match and Lee is doing his ponderous power offense. Keith Lee is the best possible Satnam Singh!   I'm glad the Bunny is back and hopefully healthy.  Butcher beats the life out of Strickland and I assume it will look awesome tomorrow morning on the INTERNATIONAL FEED!  Lee crushes Strickland!  A lot of stuff goes on!  The CROWD GETS BEHIND THE BUTCHER AND THE BLADE'S NEARFALL!  Lee and Strickland crush Blade!  They set up a three way between Hobbs/Starks vs Swerve/Lee and the Young Bucks!  That would be great if it wasn't a three way!  That match was a wreck.  AWESOME! RUBY SOHO vs TAY CONTI!  HEAT IT UP!  (I don't really understand why Ruby didn't move out of the way.  I guess it was all about PRO WRESTLING!)  DARK ORDER IS FOREVER!  They beat up QT Marshall! Why didn't the Factory join him?  It's PENTA versus Rush!  Rey Fenix is dressed like me when I was in college!  HUSKER DU!  RUSH has a great mask.  RUSH gets his shirt off!  Rush is soooo fucking awesome.  THIS is the Lucha Libre that is BEST.  TOPE CON HILO by PENTA!  Alex Abrahantes- WHO WAS TRAINED IN THE FUCKING HART DUNGEON- takes out Jose!  Jose still has his shirt on!  Oh man, this feud is already fucking great.  Rush is a motherfucking heat machine in the tiny screen.  He unstrings the mask and yells at the Rochester rubes!  Rush is so fucking good.  A German Suplex, a chop, and Buzz Sawyer Powerslam!  I love that JR is digging that they are beating the fuck out of each other.  Oh MAN, THIS MATCH IS FUCKING GREAT!  Beautiful Toprope SUWA DROPKICK by Rush! RUSH CHEATS TO WIN!  SO FUCKNG GREAT!  SO FUCKING LUCHA!  YAAAAAY! FEUD FOREVER!  RUSH! RUSH! RUSH!  Bring in DRAGON LEE!  AUSTIN GUNN is a HEAT MACHINE by taking the mic from Max Caster!  HEY! Anthony Bowen is back in the ring!  Leon Ruffin!  Bear Bronson gets in some offense!  Austin steals the pin from Max Caster!  BILLY ASS TURNS ON THE ACCLAIMED!  WE HAVE A FACE TURN FOR THE ACCLAIMED!  Okay, I can get waaay into Miro versus Malakai Black.  It's THUNDERSTORM!  It's Nyla Rose and Marina Shafir!  Marina Shafir takes a beating SHINING UP THE BABYFACES!  Toni Storm foreshadows her FLYING HIP ATTACK by hitting Shafir with her butt in the middle of the ring!  Storm and Shafir beat the living crap out of each other and this match got good quick.  NYLA USES AN UMBRELLA TO CHEAT and Toni is our face in peril as we go to picture in picture.  Storm is great at taking Nyla's offense.  Storm is also really good at making Shafir's offense look deadly.  I will wait for tomorrow to see if the INTERNATIONAL FEED reveals if the crowd is behind Storm STRUGGLE to be free of the tag team ass beating.  We go to Big Screen and we get a hot tag!  Nyla takes the Pyramid DDT like RVD!  Thunder and Storm make with the smacky butts!  FLYING HIP ATTACK!  The second best of month!  Toni Storm assists Thunder's Air Raid Crash and THUNDERSTORM WINS!  That was good. Marina Shafir needs to wrestling Toni Storm everyday for six months to get her offense over.  IT'S LEILA GREY!  AWESOME!  HOLY SHIT! KONOSUKE TAKESHITA VERSUS EDDIE KINGSTON!  RAMPAGE SOUNDS TERRIFYINGLY GREAT SUDDENLY!  Hey!  Daniel Garcia versus Wheeler Yuta at the ROH PPV!  Maybe... we'll see if they pull the trigger on FTR vs Aussie Open or the Briscoes.  WHOA! I see that it's the Briscoes!  Okay.  BRODIE KING!  JON MOXLEY! I love that Mox enters the ring right as Billy Zoom starts his guitar solo.  Oh shit, this is gonna be awesome.  JESUS!  King is fucking laying it in.  King beats Mox's ass all along the guardrail.  Mox works the leg. We go to picture in picture and IATIF.  King misses the Cannonball!  Nice superplex after a sweet backrake!  NICE LARIAT BY KING!  LAWLER PILEDRIVER FOR TWO!  KING HITS THE CANNONBALL!  These two need to go 35 minutes.  Nice DDT by Mox!  King breaks the Sleeper by crushing Mox with his fat!  Mox springs up and reapplies the Sleeper and It's OVER!  That was good.  They got a GREAT 30 minute match in them.  That was a wild night of wrestling.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

That fucking RULED. Highlight of the show was Eddie's Mob Deep/Sick Of It All shirt. Most heartbreaking point was Daddy Ass refusing the scissor. 

Really though, what a fucking spectacular show! Rampage looks incredible as well, and they're already building up next week to be kind of the blockbuster. This company fucking rules. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Rampage airing on the FITE feed now :S

This needs to become a staple. I'm hoping they keep it on for TK's in house promo at the end.

• Like 1

Still watching but just wanna say that while I certainly enjoyed Roosh 'n' Penta, I think it would've benefitted from Roosh getting a couple of quick squashes or wins before trying to give him shine against Penta. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jiji said:

Still watching but just wanna say that while I certainly enjoyed Roosh 'n' Penta, I think it would've benefitted from Roosh getting a couple of quick squashes or wins before trying to give him shine against Penta. 

I want to see that match everyday for five years.  That match was fucking great.  I am so stoked about this feud.  BRING IN DRAGON LEE!

• Like 2

Hoping they make good on Wardlow bringing some prestige back to that title. That Brodie (Cody) -> Darby -> Miro run of the TNT title was top notch. I felt like Scorp could have been such a better champ but that whole Sammy thing was hard to move past from..... SPEAKING OF

Ruby was a liiiiiiiitle out of place for that door spot. Like there's 6 people in that segment, one of them totally could have held her in place for Tay. 

Last quibble of the night, remember how toward the end of Aleister Black's time in WWE people were wanting so much more from him than being spooky backstage..... Well, him vs. Miro should be fire when that goes down. 

Shaffir/Nyla vs. Rosa/Storm was waaay better than the crowd gave it. Feel like the Gunn Club/Acclaimed segment should have been in the cool down spot. Probably Shaffir's best match since getting to AEW. 

Hoping this Dark Order things leads somewhere. Pres10's coming into his own, Uno's a great mouthpiece, the fans love Silver and Reynolds.

These Christian segments are getting.... uncomfortable

Dope main event!

• Like 2

Just now, Jiji said:

And Bandido while we are at it. Just give Bandido vs. Lee vs. Fenix 15 minutes. All spots no build.

If AEW is going to pad it's PPVs, they should do a Forbidden Door against Bandido's Big Lucha.  Blackpool Combat Club versus Dark Generation!

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

It was good but it just needed to go 30 minutes.

Thank goodness they stuck with it through that extra minute and a half!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FXBwjtcXgAQq9jv?format=png&name=small

Hell yeah.

Eddie has said for years that his dream matches against Jun Akiyama, and now he's fighting the heir to the throne after Jun has said he'd fight Eddie. 

Lets. 

Fucking.

GO!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Well that was a darn fun show. AEW has their fingers in many sinister soups right now and I'm actively looking forward to all of them.

Wardlow's title win was nearly perfect. Scorpio and the ATT goons were a great foil and the crowd loved it. Hope Wardlow can help build back up the TNT title.

You knew exactly what was happening when Matt Hardy came out during the Christian promo but it was still good.

Lee/Swerve vs B&B ok and kept up the story between Lee and Swerve. I would like to see a Keith Lee vs Butcher match down the road. 3 way will be good and I especially liked the Bucks acknowledging the FTR chants.

Looking forward to the Kingston-Jericho blowoff. Not because I want the feud to end, just because it'll be really good. Eddie won't let it suck.

The Dark Order segment was a nice thing for the live crowd. I would have just had -1 pin QT. Would have been a bigger pop.

RUSH vs Penta was some good Lucha. The scrap between Abrahantes and Jose had real "2 nerds fighting on the playground" vibe only the other kids would be encouraging it instead of breaking it up. I actually wish they built it up more. They could have had something like when the crowd was going nuts for Teddy Long and John Laurenaitis fighting before WrestleMania 28.

The Gunn Club killed it tonight. Everything they did was great. The Acclaimed as faces are going to be good because they won't be watered down. They can work with anyone.

Miro vs Malakai? Hooray!

ThunderStorm vs Nyla and Marina was fine. I think that Shafir is miles behind the other three but she did her part as the one definitely taking the fall.

Yuter vs Garcia? FTR vs Briscoes 2? SIGN ME UP! Joe vs Lethal should also be good.

Rampage looks siiiiiick.

Main was good but definitely felt like they were limited by tv time. They have a better match in them but that was still a solid free tv title match.

Show flew by. Good job AEW.

Edited by GodzillaPerez
  • Like 6

The thing with Marina Shafir is that she is great on offense, like a total MMA Terminator coming to wreck your life, but selling and defense need a ton of work. If she can get that part of the act down, the sky is the limit. Meanwhile I completely understand why people are cold on her, because if she isn't stoically tying people up in knots then she isn't interesting.

• Like 4