DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXV - 7/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Hey, this is a stadium show now!     Live from Nashville!

THE CARD: 

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH FOR THE UNDISPUTED WWE-UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bianca Belair (c) vs. Becky Lynch

FOR THE (ALMIGHTY) UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory

FOR THE UNDISPUTED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (w/Special Guest Referee Jeff Jarrett) - The Usos (c) vs. Street Profits

NO DISQUALIFICATION TAG TEAM MATCH - Rey & Dominick Mysterio vs. The Judgement Day (Balor / Priest)

Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin

Seth Rollins vs. Riddle

The Miz vs. Logan Paul 

---

Bianca Belair defends the WWE RAW Women's Championship vs. Becky Lynch. That match was announced on this week's RAW and it's the only SummerSlam match I'm interested in. Belair/Lynch from WrestleMania XXXVII, Night 1 is still my WWE MOTY.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:45 AM, The Natural said:

SummerSlam 2002.

Honourable mention to SummerSlam 2013, SummerSlam 1998 and SummerSlam 1992 in that order.

That card (2002) is just insane, from top to bottom! The roster was insane! I have always loved '98! I was so excited about D'Lo vs Val Venis! It was like, how the hell is this one going to play out? How can either guy lose? Well, the match was awesome, the ending sucked! There is a lot to love on this card, the octagon match with Shamrock v Owen, the HHH v Rock ladder match, the main event was very good, despite neither Austin nor Taker like the match, due to Stone Cold concussion early on. I watched 2013 with my friend pretty soon (a week maybe) after the fact and it was indeed awesome. I saw 1992 version like close to a decade after the fact, but I like that Warrior v Savage a lot more as a match than I do WM VII, the angle, not so much. The main event is of course, a classic. These are very sensible choices.

• Like 1

Word around the campfire is "WWE Management" (because Vince has totally stepped away from the business), is unhappy with the card.  

So there may be a major shakeup....  with less than 10 days to go before the show.  

(I swear to god almighty if that little shit Theory walks out of Nashville with the strap...)

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Word around the campfire is "WWE Management" (because Vince has totally stepped away from the business), is unhappy with the card.  

So there may be a major shakeup....  with less than 10 days to go before the show.  

(I swear to god almighty if that little shit Theory walks out of Nashville with the strap...)

Not the greatest card, but I see no huge problems with it. In another universe, Nakamura vs WALTER should sell out any stadium anywhere. Re-hashing WM31 ending with Theory would be such quality trolling that I might even welcome it, since I won't be watching until the future.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:59 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I swear to god almighty if that little shit Theory walks out of Nashville with the strap...)

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before but … I have a Theory that might happen!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The gall of Rollins in that tweet acting like he's some ignored talent. Dude's been pushed way beyond his level for the last seven or eight years.

He's heeling. 

17 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

This is a pretty good promo by Becky that she must have made this morning while doing one of her crossfit workouts.

Still the only match I care about on the show. Lynch/Belair at WrestleMania XXXVIII is my WWE MOTY.