DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 7/4 - 7/10/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Heyman's worried promo leading into a hype of Roman was neat.

Kaiser/Nakamura was nice enough but short. Excited for GUNTHER/Nakamura. Hopefully it actually takes place at Summerslam.

Nattie/Ronda was a disappointing squash.

Usos/LL was another nice but too short match.

I skipped Lacey's heel turn. I'm sure it was fine, but it just feels like a waste after the work put into bringing her back as a face.

Skipped the final segment since it didn't seem like the planned match took place.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:08 PM, Eivion said:

Heyman's worried promo leading into a hype of Roman was neat.

Kaiser/Nakamura was nice enough but short. Excited for GUNTHER/Nakamura. Hopefully it actually takes place at Summerslam.

Nattie/Ronda was a disappointing squash.

Usos/LL was another nice but too short match.

I skipped Lacey's heel turn. I'm sure it was fine, but it just feels like a waste after the work put into bringing her back as a face.

Skipped the final segment since it didn't seem like the planned match took place.

According to Meltzer, she was booed pretty heavily at Money in the Bank, to the point that Vince just decided to turn her again.  Lol, she’s made up a decent bit of ground on Kane and Big Show just in the past few months.

I think I saw one of the vignettes and it didn’t do much for me.  Imo, she’s ,is cast as a babyface.  The snooty southern belle character seemed a better fit for her than plucky army vet with a sad backstory.  

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I think I saw one of the vignettes and it didn’t do much for me.  Imo, she’s ,is cast as a babyface.  The snooty southern belle character seemed a better fit for her than plucky army vet with a sad backstory.  

Snooty southern belle fits her more than her actual life? Interesting take.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Snooty southern belle fits her more than her actual life? Interesting take.

Just my opinion. I don’t think she has much babyface charisma but makes for a passable midcard heel.  Crowds seem to agree with me.  The biographical vignettes don”t seem to have gotten her over.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

She was getting plenty of cheers during those vignettes.

Ok?  I mean, I’m not sure why this is a debate.  We have different opinions.  That’s not a problem for me.

fWIW, Meltzer said (during his SD recap) that the plan was always to have her work heel and the decision was made before they started airing the vignettes.