DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 7/4 - 7/10/2022

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, nate said:

I go on 411Mania to see what's on tap for tonight ... "A hot dog eating contest."

ffs

Judging by the amount of times we heard "Barf-o-rama", it's a safe bet to say that Vince just re-watched Stand By Me

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late.  Chesterfield fireworks started at 9:30.  Finn Balor and Damien Priest make with the heel beatdown on Los Misterios!  WWE does the annoying zooms to add to the annoyance of a million edits.  ANNOYANCE!  We are in picture in picture and there is no hope of an INTERNATIONAL FEED tomorrow morning.  They beat on Rey Rey on one side of the screen while we watch commercials on a slightly larger screen.  I secretly like the Progressive commercials where YOU are becoming your parents.  Man, they are still beating on Rey as they try to get us to watch some other garbage on USA.  I might.  Rey makes the hot tag as we go to BIG SCREEN!  Rey gets in some stuff on Priest and then he's back to being in peril! and quickly tags out and Priest cuts him off and we go to MORE picture in picture!  They beat on Dominic while I contemplate the Super Dog movie.  Finn Balor beats on Dominic while Modelo has that commercial where I wonder if that's the music to the Good The Bad and The Ugly.  We go to BIG SCREEN and that means a hot tag.  The Misterios are the Factory of the WWE- great workers, never going to win.  Fun nearfall on a complicated rana off the top.  Stereo 619s!  Another great nearfall with a botched Love Machine Splash.  Rey does the Eddie Guerrero chair feint!  Misterios win in San Diego!  WWE breaks their trend!  That was fun.  It's AJ Styles versus the Miz again.  AJ Styles is COMPLETELY awesome.  The Miz is good at ACCEPTING the offense of AJ Styles.  MORE PICTURE IN PICTURE!  It's one of those vaping commercials that makes me want to figure out how vapes work and fill my lungs with vape smoke.  A Statefarm commercial!  They are in more picture in pictures than any company in America.  Miz has been beating on AJ, AJ has a hope spot and the Miz cuts him off.  It's a regular old school wrestling match in the tiny screen.  We are back to the BIG SCREEN so that means a babyface comeback!  Styles is really great on offense.  Nice DDT by Miz as he cuts off Styles.  A Phenomenal Forearm and it's over.  That was good.  Ciampa attacks postmatch!  AJ beats him off!  Uh.  The Miz STOs Styles!  The Miz and Ciampa look at each other in a show of mutual respect!  Liv Morgan and Bianca Belair take on Carmella and Natalya!  The WWE Women's roster is deep.  And another picture in picture.  One would assume they would have a face in peril heat segment but they are shining up Bianca and Liv in the tiny screen.  So Geico and Progressive run ads on RAW.  Strange.  Bianca has MAD HOPS!  She showboats her jumping as opposed to her freakish strength.  Natalya will beat your ass and is like my third favorite WWE lady, behind Big Time Becks, Roxanne Perez and actually Asuka.  So my fourth.  Bianca starts showboating her freakish strength and this match is good.  Carmella kicks Bianca in the head and we start our heat segment on Bianca and they do the traditional things but DO NOT make this a TRULY great match by not pulling Morgan off the apron.  Hot tag to Morgan.  Morgan is better than Alexa Bliss but not as good as any of the UK or Canadian ladies.   Morgan gets the pin after a FACEBUSTER bouncing off the ropes!  Carmella was your secret all star of the match.  Seth Rollins wrestles Ezekiel!  I didn't catch the set up but here we are!  Nice German by Ezekiel.  Rollins makes Ezekiel look like a zillion bucks.  Seth Rollins rules.  Picture in picture.  Did y'all get the Grey Wolf Lodge commercial?  Wouldn't those giant wolves devour the family riding on their backs?  Let's not lose focus on the true nature of wild animals.  Rollins is beating on Ezekiel while I ponder these things.  I wish I had an INTERNATIONAL FEED because I get the feeling that it would add a star to this match if I wasn't distracted.  We go BIG SCREEN and it is time for our babyface comeback.  Nice Spinebuster by Ezekiel.  Ezekiel has some good offense and Rollins really leans into it.  Ezekiel hits a Blue Thunder Bomb after a very elaborate set up.  This match is good.  Edging towards great.  Rollins stomps on Ezekiel's head after a series of roll-ups!  Yeah, that was great.  Rollins is a Wrestling Machine.  Rollins attacks postmatch  but Matt Riddle cuts him off with an RKO!  Man, there is a lot of wrestling tonight.  Otis, Chad Gable and Austin Theory wrestle the Street Profits and Bobby Lashley.  Angelo Dawkins will be in AEW in 3 months I'm assuming once the Montez Ford singles push begins (if it begins).  Montez Ford is the Steve Maclin of the WWE- inevitably pushed.  Dawkins should join the Dark Order.  That would energize that- as he hits a really SWEET Tope Con Hilo!  And it's picture in picture!  So that means HEAT SEGMENT on our babyfaces!  Our face in peril is Montez Ford.  We go to BIG SCREEN and they do all the tropes of a Southern Tag so they don't go straight to the BIG SCREEN hot tag.  Theory is the Daniel Garcia of the WWE, but just further along in his career.  They pull Dawkins off the apron before he can be tagged!  Otis CRUSHES Dawkins on the floor with a Lariat!  And we get a hot tag to Bobby Lashley!  Lashley is the buffest Robert Gibson ever.  Dawkins POUNCES on Theory on the outside.  Lashley is destroying Chad Gable until Otis starts murdering people and then Chad channels Kurt Angle and the Steiners and starts suplexing everyone in the ring.  Ford hits a GIGANTIC Frog Splash and Lashley SPEARS Gable for the win.  Postmatch, Otis BLOWS OATS!  The WWE, ever classy, replays it in slow motion.  Big Time Becks seems more focused than crazy this week on the prematch PROMO!  GUNTHER kills R Truth.  Becky Lynch takes on Asuka AGAIN!  This time NO HOLDS BARRED!  Asuka hits a FLYING HIP ATTACK that puts Becks through the barricade!  Becks hits Asuka with a Kendo Stick Man, this picture in picture is really annoying because they are beating the holy CRUD out of each other on the floor and through the crowd.  Oh man,  this match is fucking great.  Jesus!  Becks is superplexed into a pile of chairs.  Becks takes a batch of offense while wearing a trashcan.  Big Time Becks urinagi's Asuka through a table and gets the pin.  I liked the part where they were beating the fudge out of each other in the crowd.  I didn't dig the parts where they were fucking around with THE PLUNDAH so this is a lesser match in their endless series but it was good.  That was a lot of wrestling. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Judging by the amount of times we heard "Barf-o-rama", it's a safe bet to say that Vince just re-watched Stand By Me

Did anyone puke at the Nathan’s today?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I secretly like the Progressive commercials where YOU are becoming your parents.  

I like them, too!

I started to watch this show then they ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT!, ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT!, ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT!, ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT! on the punching and I went "Ehhhh, I'm out." I kind of wanted to wait for the main event but DEAN's write-up makes me think I might not bother.

• Like 2

Mysterios vs. Judgement Day was solid. Loved the Eddie ending being used.

Liv/Bianca vs. Nattie/Carmella was nice.

Street Profits/Lashley vs.  AA/Theory was good stuff. Would love to see Gable and Otis challenge Lashley at some point.

Asuka/Becky #43 was fun though a bit overly focused on plunder.

Way the fuck too much picture in picture. Always feels weird when we go from none of that on Raw to every fucking match but the main having it.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, caley said:

I like them, too!

I started to watch this show then they ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT!, ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT!, ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT!, ZOOMED IN!/ZOOMED OUT! on the punching and I went "Ehhhh, I'm out." I kind of wanted to wait for the main event but DEAN's write-up makes me think I might not bother.

Main event is good just not as good as their straight match a few weeks ago, which was GREAT.

• Like 1

I did catch Liv's promo and I don't know the last time I saw someone so genuinely thrilled to win a title. She looked like she had tears in her eyes standing on the ramp with the belt and then there was the part when she just jumped and down and laughed. It was pretty awesome.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I loved how Bobby Lashley made a throwaway line about how no one from “any promotion” could beat him and the crowd gasped like he was dropping some sort of pipebomb. 

Like WWE fans are desperate for ANYTHING interesting to happen at this point.

I just watched Liv's promo. It was an A effort in my eyes.

It was really so much different than a lot of the "first time champion" promos we've seen through the years. There are usually some tears (real or not) and there have been some fantastic moments of genuine emotion, like The New Day after KofiMania. But like what was said above, Liv's jumping up and down and laughing really stood out as a moment of pure joy. Her connection with the crowd is absolutely earned. 

When she first debuted in NXT, she was really green and bad. I didn't think she'd last. Her Jersey Girl character was really stupid and looked like a knock-off Staten Island Princess Carmella. I don't remember her actually doing any promos in NXT, either. 

I was really surprised when she got called up for The Riot Squad, but they broke out and Liv's weirdness was a big reason why. In all of their off-air segments, they were really goofy and silly and especially Liv. She was used really well in tags and six-mans. I don't think she was the most graceful of workers, but she didn't screw anything up. There's nothing wrong with that.

I also remember some kind of shoot-y interview with Ruby saying that Liz was one of the "heart-and-soul" people at NXT and worked really hard. Heyman at one point also talked her up as someone with a ton of potential. 

I haven't watched WWE in a really long time. But the last I saw Liv, she became a pretty good worker but really shined with her character work. Not everyone is going to be at the level of talent The Horsewomen or Asuka or now Bianca. That's just true in any wrestling promotion and in any division. But if you can find your "voice" and learn how to stand out, you'll go a really long way. 

You can also see that so many of her colleagues also really love her and appreciate what she's become as a performer. Ruby said in one shoot-y interview that Liv was one of the "heart-and-soul" people at NXT when she was there and worked harder than anyone and really set an example. I know Heyman talked her up at one point as someone he'd love to work with and see pushed. 

I think we can see why in her victory promo. She's become someone the fans really connect. She's a great example of someone "getting it" and figuring out who she is as a performer who obviously worked incredibly hard to get to where she is.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

I read that It has been 72 days since men Superstars mainevented Raw. Interesting.

About a month ago (June 13), Rey/Veer was the main event as in final match, and the show closed with the Theory/Lashley posedown. 

Outside of that, the 3 RAWs since and the 6 before had women main events.

• Like 1

I watched this weeks NXT UK episode and it has a BANGER~!  Meiko Satomura/Sarray vs Xia Brookside/Eliza Alexander is waaaay fun.  Sarray is the face in peril for most of the match and Brookside and Alexander have a lot of cool offense as everybody lays it in.  Meiko is the female Satnam Singh as she waits for a hot tag and fucking crushes every one.  Satomura and Sarray are my new favorite WWE tagteam.  Where has Trent Seven been my whole life?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

I watched this weeks NXT UK episode and it has a BANGER~!  Meiko Satomura/Sarray vs Xia Brookside/Eliza Alexander is waaaay fun.  Sarray is the face in peril for most of the match and Brookside and Alexander have a lot of cool offense as everybody lays it in.  Meiko is the female Satnam Singh as she waits for a hot tag and fucking crushes every one.  Satomura and Sarray are my new favorite WWE tagteam.  Where has Trent Seven been my whole life?

I came into this thread to talk about Sarray just murdering Xia with that Bottom Rope Dropkick! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Where has Trent Seven been my whole life?

Well, doing a lot of awesome stuff right there on NXT UK (and visiting NXT a few years back) for a good bit at least, or was this one of them rhetorical questions?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DEAN said:

Where has Trent Seven been my whole life?

You should check out his match with WALTER from a few years back on NXT UK or any of Moustache Mountain's tag title matches.

• Like 1

SHANKY! He dances a little bit.  Viking Raiders beat on Jinder Mahal.  Shanky misses the tag because he is dancing with the crowd!  Shanky gets beat on postmatch!  The New Day comes out to make the save!  They talk about their BUTTS!  And the Viking Raiders beat their butts!  No one is SAFE!  GUNTHER is going to beat the crap out of....... HEY! SHINSUKE NAKAMURA!  Op!  He challenges Ludwig Kaiser!  Kaiser is good too.  Nakamura drops him pretty quickly.  GUNTHER vs Nakamura will be good.  GUNTHER chops Ludwig for FAILING!  AWESOME.  It's Ronda Rousey versus Natalya!  I assume Natalya will make Rousey look like 4 million bucks.  They tell a little story of Nattie selling the knee!  She taps out to an ankle lock!  That wasn't very long.  Not a lot of actual wrestling tonight.  Lacey Evans does a total Larry Zbysko-esque stall!  YOU'RE ALL WEAK!  GIVE HER A STANDING OVATION!  STUPID TEXAN RUBES!  YOU EAT TOO MUCH BRISKET!  THEY ARE DISGUSTING!  YOU ARE AN AMERICAN HERO!  Lacey Evans is fucking great!  THEY CAN GO TO HELL!  She punches her tag team partner!  I guess they aren't going to have a match!  There is no wrestling on this show tonight.  Anyway, it's the Usos!  We don't get a Los Lotharios KISS as we are joined in progress.  Annnd it's over?  What is this- WWE Dark Elevation?  Are they bringing out Anthony Ogogo next? Anyway, it's out main event!  I was hoping Sheamus and McIntyre were wrestling the Usos but they are wrestling each other instead.  Hey!  It's Butch instead!  Butch bumps big as Drew throws him across the ring!  And it's over!   I guess this is setting up Sheamus versus McIntyre.  Drew takes his Claymore and cuts the toprope trying to kill Sheamus!   That episode was underwhelming.    

• Like 2