DVDVR Message Board

AEW Excursion

Octopus

Angelico springs to mind. I'd like to see him sharpen his craft in NJPW. I'd also like to see the young Private Party get a New Japan education. I imagine NJPW tours for Brian Cage, the Varsity Blonds, Lee Johnson, 10, the Bears, and especially Nick Comoroto could be greatly beneficial to each. I'd also love to see ladies like Anna Jay, AQA, Penelope Ford (is she still around) and Tay Conti take a tour or two in Japan.

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

Which companies should they go to? 

Dante Martin to New Japan and Anna Jay and Skye Blue to TJPW if Stardom isn't possible.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Anna Jay learning weird complicated rollups from Tsukasa Fujimoto would do my heart good.

Any member of the Factory to NJPW, see also The Wingmen to DDT.

I'm excited for Willow Nightingale's TJPW trip and would like to see her or Ruby Riot (due to the Conti brawl this past week) head down to AAA as well.

Abadon also could do wonders in TJPW.

I don't think there's a true European connection yet, but I have a really good feeling that Tony Nese might strike gold.

• Like 2

Anna Jay, Skye Blue, Britt Baker, Thunder Rosa, Tay Conti and Abadon to Japan. 

The Ass Boys in a time machine back to Memphis in the 80s or 90s. 

Dante Martin to Mexico and Japan. 

I'd sent Britt and Rosa over because they try to do things that are physically out of their reach at times, Britt especially. Maybe some time in the Stardom dojo would help. 

There is a noticeable difference in execution from Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter to just about everyone else on the women's roster. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, southofheavy said:

I'd sent Britt and Rosa over because they try to do things that are physically out of their reach at times, Britt especially. Maybe some time in the Stardom dojo would help. 

Both wrestled in Stardom. For Britt it was an unfortunate short tour where all the people from RISE got injured before and during the trip. I think she got in maybe 3 matches.

Rosa has done several tours for Stardom and then a couple for TJPW. She is going back this month I believe for a match.

2 hours ago, southofheavy said:

There is a noticeable difference in execution from Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter to just about everyone else on the women's roster. 

Both Storm and Hayter were known to be good before Stardom from what I recall. Stardom helped them get known more. Not to say it didn't help them improve in the ring, but they also clearly just had natural talent by the time they came along. Its why they got brought back as many times and for as long as they did.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Thunder Rosa's wrestling Miyu Yamashita on Tokyo Joshi Pro's July 9 show.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:15 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Angelico springs to mind. I'd like to see him sharpen his craft in NJPW. I'd also like to see the young Private Party get a New Japan education. I imagine NJPW tours for Brian Cage, the Varsity Blonds, Lee Johnson, 10, the Bears, and especially Nick Comoroto could be greatly beneficial to each. I'd also love to see ladies like Anna Jay, AQA, Penelope Ford (is she still around) and Tay Conti take a tour or two in Japan.

Tony Khan mentioned yesterday on Twitter that Penelope Ford is out with an injury but is still part of the AEW roster.

Abadon's presentation screams a strong interest in Japanese culture (and most of their non-jobber matches has been against Japanese talent -- curious if they have at least a conversational handle of the Japanese language), so a Japan tour would be a no-brainer.

Comoroto could learn how to be a Gordy/Williams/Hansen-like hoss with a few Japan tours. I have no idea why, but I'd love to see AEW make Bear Country its rep for the G1 Tag League this year (if AEW sends a team).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A lot of the younger women could use some more seasoning in Japan or Mexico. Especially the ones who are on the verge like Abadon, Skye, and Anna Jay (who’ve all been mentioned previously).

Private Party would be well served in Japan. 

Varsity blondes to Mexico to learn to be the sleazy heels they should be.

Adam Cole to Mexico so he can work guys his own size such as:

Spoiler

kemonito.jpg?fit=1200,1200&w=640

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

Nyla getting to work as a monster heel in one of the Japanese women's promotions could be fun plus then you could bring her back as a face

She wrestled in Sendai Girls, Marvelous, and Pro Wrestling WAVE in 2018 so NYLA HAS BEEN SEASONED! Maybe that's why lays in it with Toni Storm.

• Like 5

On 7/11/2022 at 5:14 AM, DEAN said:

She wrestled in Sendai Girls, Marvelous, and Pro Wrestling WAVE in 2018 so NYLA HAS BEEN SEASONED! Maybe that's why lays in it with Toni Storm.

Part of the reason I'd like to see her go to Japan is so she could get rebooted upon return

• Like 2

I was watching some start of AEW era Darks and Private Party teamed up with CIMA and T-Hawk on the 3rd ep against Cody/Dustin/Bucks.

Send Private Party to GLEAT, let them become STRONGHEARTS

Edited by porksweats
added tweet/gif
  • Like 2