DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/14/22 - Atlanta, GA

*Taped for BTI: Bhupinder Gujjar def. Johnny Swinger (w/ Zicky Dice) (8:37) after the 2nd rope spear. 

Impact Wrestling - Airing July 14, 2022 from Atlanta, GA

*Josh Alexander & The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) def. Violent By Design (Eric Young, Deaner, & Joe Doering) (17:39) via submission when Shelley used the Border City Stretch on Deaner while Josh used the ankle lock on Young. After the match, Sabin and Shelley eyed Josh's world championship. Sabin handed Josh the title but briefly held onto it. 

*Steve Maclin def. James Storm (13:15) with a double underhook DDT after Storm hit an exposed turnbuckle. After the match, the lights went out and Sami Callihan appeared in ring with a barbed wire bat but Maclin was prepared and already escaped to the stage.

*Chelsea Green def. Mickie James (12:40) via rollup with feet on ropes.

*Masha Slamovich def. Tenille Dashwood (w/ Madison Rayne & Gisele Shaw) (1:17) after the Snow Plow in a squash.

*Honor No More (Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Eddie Edwards, & Kenny King w/ Maria Kanellis) def. Bullet Club (Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson, Ace Austin, & Chris Bey) (17:11) when Taven pinned Gallows with a frog splash. Prior to the match, Heath attacked Vincent.  After the match, Taven & Bennett held up the tag team titles.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

Bhupinder Gujjar, the Konosuke Takeshita of India, wrestles Johnny Swinger!  Zicky Dice is SOLID FUCKING GOLD on the outside.

Very good show that flew by. Opening six man was good stuff as expected... Sabin or Shelley being Josh's next challenger sounds great. Looking forward to Sabin vs. Shelley, shockingly the first time it's happened since their X Division title classic in 2009. Maclin/Storm also really good, another strong showing for Maclin and I like Storm sticking around.

Then Mickie/Chelsea was absolutely awesome and stole the show! Glad to see them finally get the match that their feud built towards from Chelsea turning 4 months ago. This was PPV quality. I guess this is Mickie's farewell from Impact it seemed, which if so it was an excellent one to go out on at least.

Masha squashes always rule and the main event was another fun multi man tag like the opener. 

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late.  Had to wash a lot of dishes and scrub my magnificent body in the shower.  And then I watched MLW- which was a bit punishingly overbooked for a championship match.  IMPACT! Wrestling, the Zero-One of US wrestling, starts off with Violent By Design versus the Motor City Machine Guns and Josh Alexander!  That should be good.  I assume Cody Deaner will fulfill his ~~DESTINY~~ and tap to Josh Alexander OR get his skull crushed by Josh Alexander.  Josh Alexander is motherfucking AWESOME, in case you didn't know.  VBD cheat awesomely to make Josh Alexander out face in peril.  Joe Doering does that really great bouncing off the ropes and roll on your opponent thing.  VBD are a fun rudo trio.  They stomp a methodical mud hole in Alexander.  The crowd gets behind Josh Alexander's STRUGGLE to escape the methodical hellscape created by VBD.  Joe Doering is the secret superstar of this match, cutting off Alexander with a GREAT Fat Boy Crossbody!   They build up to Alexander and Eric Young squaring off and THAT is fun.  One can forget that Eric Young can go.  Alex Shelley shows up and gets to pre-beat Deaner with the MCMG double manuever package!  Chris Sabin takes out Doering with a Barrel Roll to the outside!  Deaner DOESN'T tap or get crushed by Alexander, he taps to Alex Shelley's Stretch!  All the while Alexander makes Eric Young tap too.  Postmatch,  Sabin eye's Alexander's world title, and that would be good.  The Steve Maclin push continues.  James Storm is back and that's cool. This is good.  Maclin cheats like a KING to begin stomping on Storm.  Storm takes his ass beating like a man.  Storm has a comeback and Maclin CRUSHES it with a running STO out of the corner.  Storms goes completely Memphis and punches to offense.  Good nearfall off a Storm Swinging Neckbreaker.  A good nearfall after Maclin gets Storm IN THE TREE OF WOE!  Just like Kevin Sullivan usta do!  This match is great.  Toprope Frankensteiner by Storm is AWESOME!  Toprope Elbow by Storm for TWO!  Maclin drives Storm into a bare turnbuckle and crushes Storm's skull with a gnarley DDT.  Sami Callihan vs Steve Maclin will be good.  That was some quality wrestling.  James Storm looks great.  Sabin versus Shelley will be good.  IMPACT! isn't afraid to just roll out the good wrestling.  Chelsea Green is a superstar.  PUT THE BELT ON HER!  Mickie James is from Norfolk now?  I thought she was from the Northern Neck.  Puzzling....  One notices that Green towers over James.  They start out by MAKING OUT!  AWESOME!  IMPACT! IS ONLY FANS~!  After the teens of America have toweled off, they start beating the living dog crap out of each other.  This match is fucking great.  Man, all this match needs is blood.  The crowd gets behind James as the match settles down into a more conventional match and Green starts beating on James.  They go to the outside and it goes back to being a fistfight.  This is definitely in line with Gail Kim's vision for the KnockOuts- Go out there and lay it in!  They definitely lay it in.  This is the best match I've ever seen Chelsea Green in.  I'd have to think about Mickie James.  The finishing sequence is beautiful, with the ref catching Green grabbing the tights in a roll up but completely missing it when Chelsea COMPLETELY cheats to win by putting her feet on the ropes.  Great great pro wrestling match.  Taya Valkyrie and Rosemary go to what appears to be Portsmouth, Virginia and looks for Havok!  Hey!  Taya finds her!  She was in the WHITE ROOM!  HAvok is now Jessica!  Tenille Dashwood takes on Marsha Slamovich.  Tenille was a key building block of the WWE Women's division.  Masha has less preposterous hair.  Masha quickly crushes Dashwood with a Northern Lights Bomb.  I await Masha versus Deonna Purrazzo.   Cody Deaner is going to get smashed up by Speedball Mike Bailey.  That'll be good.  Heath attacks Vincent!  With Jay White back in Japan, the coolest member of the Bullet Club is Ace Austin.  Chris Bey is really good.  This is eight guys who are all good.  Bey and Austin are wild as a tag team!  Austin is a face now, which is kinda weird.  Matt Taven is your secret superstar of the match, making Luke Gallows look like a million bucks and then taking Chris Bey's offense like a champ and then bashing Bey into the mat after Eddie Edwards kicks Bey in the face by CHEATING!  Edwards and Bey are MAGIC in together.  Taven and Bennett hit their tag team thingy as Bey continues to be our face in peril.  The crowd rises up for the hot tag!  The ref misses it and the Bullet Club distracts the ref as Honor No More all stomp on Bey.  Karl Anderson is our baldest Robert Gibson!  Everyone hits a finisher!  Maria Kanellis Bennett grabs Luke Gallows testicles!  Honor No More hit him with like five things and WIN THE MATCH!  That was fun.  That was two hours of quality wrestling.

• Like 1