DVDVR Message Board

Impact+ Against All Odds - 7/1/22

Preshow was fun. Taurus and Laredo killed each other with crazy stuff as would be expected. Surprised to see Myers take the digital media title from Swann so soon.

MCMG/BC was good stuff as the opener. Deonna and Chelsea make for an awesome team, glad to see them pick up the shockingly clean win here. Definite future KO tag champs. 

Trey/Speedball was AWESOME. Trey's over the ropes rana always gets me. Apron Ultima Weapon looked brutal. No way Speedball was losing the title that quick but some damn good near falls still. Epic alternate finish. This was spectacular.

10 man tag was fun with the perfect ending. Marked out seeing the Death Sentence performed one more time, welcome back Wildcat! 

Moose/Callihan was a hell of a wild brawl, lived up to the stipulation and having Raven there was the best. Steve Maclin! Was wondering where he was left out of this card. Maclin/Callihan sounds like a great time to me, perfect next feud for both.

I knew Tasha wouldn't win the title back as much as I wished she would. Great match nonetheless with some nice hope spots and Savannah interference. I hate that they changed Jordynne's theme though. Her old theme was some epic 90s wcw sounding stuff and fit better. 

Main event was very good. Nice storytelling with Josh playing more of the underdog well and a fitting first defeat for Doering. 

full results:

Spoiler

PRESHOW:

*Black Taurus (w/ Crazzy Steve) def. Laredo Kid (7:38) after the Power Bull.

*Brian Myers def. Rich Swann(c) (10:18) after The Roster Cut to WIN the Digital Media Championship in a Dot Combat Match.

Impact+ Against All Odds - July 1, 2022 from Atlanta, GA

*The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) def. Bullet Club (Ace Austin & Chris Bey) (13:17) when Sabin pinned Bey after a double team.

*Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green def. Mickie James & Mia Yim (9:11) when Chelsea pinned Mickie after a spinebuster/backstabber double team.

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Trey Miguel (14:29) with the Flamingo Driver to retain the X Division Championship.

*Rosemary & Taya Valkyrie(c) def. The Influence (Tenille Dashwood & Gisele Shaw w/ Madison Rayne) (9:02) when Taya pinned Tenille with a small package to retain the knockout tag team championships. After the match, The Influence beat down Rosemary & Taya. As the Influence went up the ramp, Masha Slamovich arrived and handed Tenille her envelope, marking her as her next opponent.

*Heath, The Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows), and America's Most Wanted (James Storm & Chris Harris) def. Honor No More (Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Kenny King, & PCO w/ Maria Kanellis & Vincent) (15:17) when Storm pinned King after the Death Sentence. 

*Moose def. Sami Callihan (17:56) in Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match with the Spear after Steve Maclin, disguised as a cameraman, interfered and attacked Callihan. Raven did commentary.

*Jordynne Grace(c) def. Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) (11:59) with the Grace Driver to retain the knockouts championship.

-Impact+ next special will be Emergence on August 12 in Chicago.

*Josh Alexander(c) def. Joe Doering (w/ Deaner) (15:17) after the C4 Spike to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. 

• Like 2

I liked the show as a whole, but that Bailey/Trey match was on another level compared to everything else on the show. Definitely one of my favorite singles matches, from any company, this year. I absolutely loved how they managed to do a bunch of cool spots while continuing to sell the leg work done previously at every step. That was awesome and something that we sadly don't see enough of these days, I feel. Kudos to both guys for delivering a truly great match.