DVDVR Message Board

July 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFS.

I remember watching that Joe/Misawa match back in the day, expecting Joe/Kobashi, and being disappointed. Last week, I watched it again and realized its a pretty solid match. I might have just been expecting too much and thinking Joe might just steamroll Misawa, and be super dominant, which wasn't even how the Joe/Kobashi match went. I don't miss young me when it comes to wrestling philosophy.

• Like 1

O

3 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

I remember watching that Joe/Misawa match back in the day, expecting Joe/Kobashi, and being disappointed. Last week, I watched it again and realized its a pretty solid match. I might have just been expecting too much and thinking Joe might just steamroll Misawa, and be super dominant, which wasn't even how the Joe/Kobashi match went. I don't miss young me when it comes to wrestling philosophy.

I was there, live and in person, 7th row ringside, for that match. I was also a bit disappointed at the time. I had hoped I'd get to see a legit MOTYC live. I was still at that point in my fandom where I was obsessed with great matches. And, as you said, this one was merely a solid Budokan main event match. Now, I am just grateful I got to see Misawa defend the title live, and to see Samoa Joe, and to have had good seats at the Budokan. I would still like to see a legit MOTYC live and in person at least once in my life. I had my hopes up for Mox vs MiSu at Osaka Castle Hall, but it was merely a solid brawl. Difference is, this time I enjoyed it for what it was and didn't feel too disappointed.

• Like 4