DVDVR Message Board

July 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFS.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

obviously that photo was before Ric Flair transformed from being Walter to being Gunther

a bit of a shame that Ric Flair's freak of nature traits will sorta fly under the radar compared to stuff like him sticking around until he looked out of shape, waving his dick like a helicopter, and the such. Getting any career after the plane crash was pretty extraordinary, much less how long it went and his condition for a lot of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Bash 88!  I was there.  The blood stoppage finish was horrible.  People were READY for Lex to win the belt.  Crockett/WCW never failed to step on their own dicks 9 times out of 10.

Awesome, one of my all time fav shows to rewatch. Love the crowd pop for thinking Luger won (and also Sting/Nikita's almost win). Huge fan of all of the Luger/Flair series.

flari-luger.jpg

lex-luger-ric-flair-1451844249-800.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

That’s another great “sliding doors” thing: what if Flair stays in fat redneck mode instead of transforming into the Nature Boy?

Didn't he say he wanted to be Ricky Rhodes and be the 3rd Texas Outlaw with Dusty and Dick Murdock?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Awesome, one of my all time fav shows to rewatch. Love the crowd pop for thinking Luger won (and also Sting/Nikita's almost win). Huge fan of all of the Luger/Flair series.

flari-luger.jpg

lex-luger-ric-flair-1451844249-800.png

After I finish my 80s/early 90s WWF chronological watchthrough, I'm going to do Crockett/WCW.  I'm most looking forward to the 88 - 90 Bashes for personal nostalgia reasons as I was at those shows.  I was also at Bash 91 but we don't talk about that. 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Pete said:

At this rate we'd need Mr Fuji as his manager in about 4-5 months. "Konosuke Takeshita now up to 525 lbs-" "NOOOOOO! MY TAKESHITA 550 POUNDS!"

I've for sure had something like that for brunch of a weekend after having too much to drink the night before. And a bloody mary before the food came.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Didn't he say he wanted to be Ricky Rhodes and be the 3rd Texas Outlaw with Dusty and Dick Murdock?

Yeah, he wanted to be called "Ramblin' Ricky Rhodes". It's funny because I remember Dusty related that story in a shoot interview in the early 2000s and people (myself included) kinda wrote it off as Dusty just putting himself over and exaggerating. Then Flair actually confirmed it in his book and in other interviews.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wee Bey said:

Wait, people think that Scorpio was graceful?  Scorpio was cool as fuck, innovative, but every one of his high spots looked like he was about half an inch from blowing out both his knees and killing his opponent.  He didn't give off out  of control and dangerous like Sabu, but I don't know why people were signing up to take his 450 or that moonsault legdrop thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

If anyone's wondering why there is a Fat Flair, it's because he was hanging out with Ken Patera who would eat nothing but cheeseburgers. He thought "if he can do that and look like that I can" but it just ended up in him looking like that. 

Dumb question, but is that true? It's hilarious either way.