DVDVR Message Board

July 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFS.

21 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Who is that ref?  We'd always joke about him as kids because he had this gruff voice and would just YELL at the wrestlers , especially the heels, like he was their dad.

isn't it Dick Kroll?

1 hour ago, Cleavy said:

isn't it Dick Kroll?

I did some looking and it's Jack Kruger, who was actually a worker for a about a decade (including working an evil sheik gimmick, of course!) before becoming a ref.  Dude is hilarious.  I just watched DiBiase/Muraco from Mania 4 last night and the guy is going nuts yelling at DiBiase.  He could give Iron Mike a run for his money in the yelling department.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I did some looking and it's Jack Kruger, who was actually a worker for a about a decade (including working an evil sheik gimmick, of course!) before becoming a ref.  Dude is hilarious.  I just watched DiBiase/Muraco from Mania 4 last night and the guy is going nuts yelling at DiBiase.  He could give Iron Mike a run for his money in the yelling department.

A good source of old WWF referee names is the Old School Madison Square Garden shows on the Network. 95% of the time the referee is announced before the match alongside the participants.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Not sure who that is, so I’m going to go out on a limb and guess Pitbull.

Reveal hidden contents

Looks a bit like Chelsea Green.

I remember when she started in NXT and her gimmick was "obnoxiously good looking woman," which was never going to work on a roster filed with an obnoxious number of incredibly good looking women. I don't know who's idea that was,  but a gimmick is supposed to set you apart from everyone else, but on that roster it was the most generic gimmick possible.