DVDVR Message Board

July 2022 Wrestling Pics and GIFS.

I read it as Sasaki wanting to give his kid a kiss and Tenryu giving him a neck crank for the sake of the photo op in their big post-match moment.

Do people know that there was an elimination tag with Akira Hokuto teaming with Kensuke Sasaki, KENSHIN, Nakajima, and Tenryu against D-Lo, Bull Buchanan, Jamal (Umaga), TAKA, and Taiyo Kea? Is this one of those things the people come in off the street just know? It feels like one of those things like "Hey, do you know there was a joint AAA/CMLL show in 2000?"

Here's how the match starts, with TAKA saying "Oh, I got this", then going to hug his big monster, only for Hokuto going to hug her big monster (in the form of Tenryu)

Og2n6Q.gif

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Shartnado said:

What teams did PG-13 feud with in '93? Moondogs, The Spiders...I  think Tommy Rich and Doug Gilbert was a bit later. Anyway, getting Jerry Lynn there for a spell to team up with some of those '93 USWA tag teams would have made for a hell of six man feuds, for the time period.

The following summer may have been even better - they had a hot three-way feud with the Eliminators and the Masters of the Orient (Nobutaka Araya & Takashi Okano from W*ING) that folks were raving about.

• Thanks 1

Okay, I first saw this and thought, "Oh coo!  They made toys of some luchadores."  Then I looked again.  And then I looked again and now I'm still not sure.

• Haha 2

I really love post split AJPW, before Jun came back and took over later on. The era was like if someone took bunch of fire pro edits from other promotions and put them in the AJPW ring, Ex NJPW, Ex WAR Ex WWF, Pancrase etc.

• Like 4

Jesus H. Christ. I don't remember any of those commercials or Rax having anything else than roast beef and curly fries, much less pizza, salad, or meatballs in a fucking pita shell. The '80s must have made that main dude have a complete breakdown. 

And as far as all these WAR type tags, please post them in the Wrestling Not from the Now thread or send them directly to me via PM please and thank you 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jesus H. Christ. I don't remember any of those commercials or Rax having anything else than roast beef and curly fries, much less pizza, salad, or meatballs in a fucking pita shell. The '80s must have made that main dude have a complete breakdown. 

And as far as all these WAR type tags, please post them in the Wrestling Not from the Now thread or send them directly to me via PM please and thank you 

I loved Rax when I was a kid because they had a salad bar. I loved any place with a salad bar because I could get it all myself. Made me feel like a big kid. Also, I think we had like 50 of those alligator cups in our house from all of my sister's kids meals.

• Like 4

Rax was my favorite place as a kid in Ohio, especially after Burger Chef closed. Arby's had the jamocha shake (and the horsey sauce which my Grampy liked but was too spicy for young JLowe) but the Rax Roast Beef was way superior. Next time I'm visiting family in Ohio I have to track down one of those Rax and see how it holds up. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Rax was my favorite place as a kid in Ohio, especially after Burger Chef closed. Arby's had the jamocha shake (and the horsey sauce which my Grampy liked but was too spicy for young JLowe) but the Rax Roast Beef was way superior. Next time I'm visiting family in Ohio I have to track down one of those Rax and see how it holds up. 

I just looked at the map and there aren't any left near any place I have family...I guess I'm going to have to go to Arby's if I ever want roast beef that is a different flavor and texture than all the beef anywhere else in the world. I really do wonder who made the decision to make the roast beef fast food places the sole proprietors of fast food curly fries.  That shit is just plain weird. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Log said:

I loved Rax when I was a kid because they had a salad bar. I loved any place with a salad bar because I could get it all myself. Made me feel like a big kid. Also, I think we had like 50 of those alligator cups in our house from all of my sister's kids meals.

The Rax salad bar and the Wendy’s SuperBar were always a favorite for me!

We moved from Pittsburgh to suburban Detroit in 1988 when Rax started to have their identity crisis, I’d go back down for most of the summer and any breaks from school, every time I’d go to Rax they’d have some weird new thing like those chicken sandwiches or a new “bar” like a pasta bar, or taco bar. Their roast beef was way better than Arby’s and there was no reason to over complicate a frozen hunk of chicken thrown into a deep fryer sandwich. 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 12:54 AM, Cobra Commander said:

I misread that at first as "Kenneth Copeland" and I was wondering what Televangelist Kenneth Copeland was up to

just remembered this video

If nothing else you've allowed me to confuse the former Mr Delicious jacey north on Twitter with these videos/ads.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, matt925 said:

I watched the cage match but I still haven’t seen the korakuen hall match. 

The match where Poi joins is now on Stardom World with subtitles for the promos.

• Thanks 1