DVDVR Message Board

July 2022 Wrestling Discussion

6 minutes ago, Peck said:

It’s way easier to chant “WE WANT TABLES!” than “WE WANT HOLLOW CORE DOORS!” though.

"D-Von...get the door!" - Mama Dudley, when the doorbell rang

• Like 6
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Peck said:

It’s way easier to chant “WE WANT TABLES!” than “WE WANT HOLLOW CORE DOORS!” though.

We need chants with fewer syllables, not more, yes.

What happened to a studio full of violence-seeking young women chanting BREAK IT, BREAK IT while a dirty man bent a clean man's leg in the wrong direction? Now we gotta chant *counts* six syllables? This is some bullshit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The picture up there makes me ask so many questions.... aside from what is Cody wearing.   Why does the skull on the Nightmare Factory logo appear to be eating an apple? What's up with the astroturf?  Who are all these 140lb dorks watching and taking notes?  And are they watching Mr. Perfect wrestling *squints* Roman Reigns?  

The astroturf/artificial turf is there because the Nightmare Factory is in an indoor practice field facility. This is why when they did the batch of tapings during COVID at the Nightmare Factory you had a goalpost next to the ring. The same goalpost that Lance Archer launched Marko Stunt into.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The picture up there makes me ask so many questions.... aside from what is Cody wearing.   Why does the skull on the Nightmare Factory logo appear to be eating an apple? What's up with the astroturf?  Who are all these 140lb dorks watching and taking notes?  And are they watching Mr. Perfect wrestling *squints* Roman Reigns?  

QT is the other main trainer and he ate an apple as part of his gimmick.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

The astroturf/artificial turf is there because the Nightmare Factory is in an indoor practice field facility. This is why when they did the batch of tapings during COVID at the Nightmare Factory you had a goalpost next to the ring. The same goalpost that Lance Archer launched Marko Stunt into.

Lol those were goalposts?  I thought they were ceiling support beams.

When all of AEW is on HBO Max, I’m going back to specifically watch those weird-ass early pandemic Dynamites.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

(...) And are they watching Mr. Perfect wrestling *squints* Roman Reigns?  

Isn't that Bret? (1) the way the guy sells really looks like Bret and (2) it looks like pink hearts on a black trunk.

EDIT: Yep, that's definitely Bret vs. Hennig at Summerslam 91, just look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXD7Jm_6LVw&t=0m44s

Edited by Robert s
  • Thanks 1

Somewhat random thought: Any time I see guys botch something bad I think they should improvise a power/explosive move like a powerbomb or a huge clothesline that pops the crowd and cuts off the "You Fucked Up" chants right away.

• Like 4

Connor Schell has resigned from the WWE Board of Directors. He has other obligations with his new job at the North Road Company.

He was hired in 2021. On 7/6 2022 Nick Khan let him go via signature on the filing.

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This.

In fairness that decision was made by the Fox people who are paying them a ridiculous amount of money for Smackdown. The odd thing is that I think Ronda would make a fantastic heel and should be something closer to a female Minoru Suzuki as vicious and sadistic. The irony is that doing that would in fact end up getting fans behind her and make her a legit headliner.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This.

This is kind of dumb take since its wildly inaccurate and doesn't speak to the actual situation where a likely racist and sexist producer decided to be a piece of shit to Sasha and Naomi to the point where both said fuck it and left.

• Like 8

Yeah, but they were only in a position for that to happen because the decision makers thought the correct role for Sasha Banks was 'placeholder title defence for a filler PPV' rather than 'biggest star in the company, build shows around her like we did when her and Bayley were the only reason to tune in to Covid WWE, protect her match with Ronda with our lives and headline a Wrestlemania with it.'

Which probably reflects that the company is run by a racist and sexist lunatic whose producers mainly act as extensions of his will, in as much as they can grasp any meaning in his crazed whims.

That tweet is arguably wrong as far as blaming Ronda though. Like Sabremike said, she'd be perfect as a sadistic heel who would then get massively over as a face, if they weren't dead set on sanding any edges off anyone they want to present as a hero, because obviously Stone Cold and The Rock were renowned for being perma-grinning baby kissers at the height of their popularity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Do you think the chimps c̶r̶u̶c̶i̶f̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶̶t̶h̶e̶m̶s̶e̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ hung themselves on symbols? 

Well, that would be among the less disturbing outcomes, but definitely among the discussion. The first thought was a fatal monkey spanking incident, but I hope I'm wrong.

"Well, you see, I showed them the picture and and the poor creatures proceeded to violently masturbate themselves to death on the spot. While obviously tragic and regrettable, this does prove beyond a doubt that our simian friends are more like us than we have ever realized."

Edited by Shartnado
Not the actual quote...
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, sabremike said:

In fairness that decision was made by the Fox people who are paying them a ridiculous amount of money for Smackdown. The odd thing is that I think Ronda would make a fantastic heel and should be something closer to a female Minoru Suzuki as vicious and sadistic. The irony is that doing that would in fact end up getting fans behind her and make her a legit headliner.

Especially since her first run ended with her basically as a heel. I feel sorry for Ronda because she requested to return as a heel. Her winning the Rumble didn't help either. They would have been better off having Bianca win again and have Ronda with the Chamber instead. I watched MiTB Saturday , it was the first WWE show I watched in full since WM and her match against Nattie was fine, its just she has no appeal as a plane babyface. She was so good at heeling it up on the fans after they turned on her last time , it hurt her she had to come back and pretend she didn't heel on the Audience.