DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 7/1/2022

Kind of a middling episode. Battle Royales aren't exactly my jam and I didn't understand the rules -- I guess it was we fight until it's one guy in either ring. But somehow they wangled colors into it and shit. Also I wanted ROOSH to win and he didn't, but Brody is a fine 2nd prize. On the Discord we mulled over how long it's been since Mox fought a monster and we came up with Brodie Lee and Archer. Bucks match was a Bucks match. I always have a place in my black heart for poor Hirooki Goto, the poblaci. Yoshi-Hashi I don't understand at all. I guess it could have been FUNKY WEAPON in there instead if you wanted to get even more jobber-y. And then, I had high hopes for Nyla vs. Toni but it underwhelmed. The tag match will probably be better. ?‍♂️ Will say though, Marina Shafir is good at this pro wrestling thing despite the haters. If you can excel as a second then you get it. She did and she does.

EDIT: Oh yeah, gotta love how they specifically pointed out how much of a failure Yoshi-Hashi had been in his career, basically saying he languished in Mexico for years until finally washing back up in Japan. At least they didn't get into GOTO's history of choking! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

How do we all feel about the Butcher's new Franchise-d tassled boots? Stoked for Rooshky v Penta and the inevitably barbarous Brody v Mox!  Pleased to see a rally 'round Nyla's terrific hoss-tastic work/role. Thank you Toni Storm for providing each week. Thanks also to Takeshita, Darby, the Bucks, and the entire Elite roster! Right on! AEDubya! 

• Like 5

Give me Mox vs Brody King. Let them smash and lead to future hijinks. So many injuries throughout the roster, now is a good time to raise the stock of your talented midcarders.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

How do we all feel about the Butcher's new Franchise-d tassled boots? Stoked for Rooshky v Penta and the inevitably barbarous Brody v Mox!  Pleased to see a rally 'round Nyla's terrific hoss-tastic work/role. Thank you Toni Storm for providing each week. Thanks also to Takeshita, Darby, the Bucks, and the entire Elite roster! Right on! AEDubya! 

I'm feeling great in general on Butcher (and his tassles) and Blade being back, I hope this also means The Bunny has recovered because that Owen Hart Cup match she had was a very strong showing for her, but then she's been out since.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

For me wrestling really didn’t grow the fuck up until there was a weekly show that was at least 2 hours.  So the idea of an hour show in 2022 seemed like a regression.  But here it’s really not.  Rampage isn’t just stuffed to the gills.  It’s also very efficient.

I started watching with 2hr raws, 2 then 3 hr Nitro's 2hrs of Thunder & SD!, 2hrs of WCWSN but in recent years Rampage, WOW, NJPW on AXS and Lucha Underground have converted me to the idea of a one hour wrestling show (and WSX was just a half hour!)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I'm still begging BCC to add a female member. Serena Deeb seems the obvious one but Shafir could use Regal or Bryan at ringside too.

Then you tie Ruby to Kingston and run Claudio/Deeb v Kingston/Soho...

Fuck this roster is insane with how many directions you can take things!

I thought it looked like they were moving Ruby into a quasi-member to counteract Tay Conti.  I don't know if they are continuing BCC vs JAS so I'm not sure what she is a quasi-member OF exactly.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I thought it looked like they were moving Ruby into a quasi-member to counteract Tay Conti.  I don't know if they are continuing BCC vs JAS so I'm not sure what she is a quasi-member OF exactly.

I get the feeling that she’ll more be on the side of one of Eddie’s true friends. Them having each other’s back throughout their time in AEW would be sweet. Maybe one of them gets a title match and they fist bump woah each other luck type thing. But her training with BCC could be nuts too!

I now see you said Quasi. Yeah, friend/ affiliate. Like Redman to their WuTang.

Dream BCC members (not all of these but one or two could be fun):

Serena Deeb - She might be too much of a straight up Heel and I like Danielson being the one prick. But style, she’d fit well.

Nick Comoroto - Turn that beast into a Beast.

Hikaru Shida - Joining the group could get her more tv time. She’s a badass. 

Lee Moriarty - Yup. This would be cool.

Fuego Del Sol - give this dude a edgy tough mask and teach him to fight. This is least likely and he’s probably a better forever underdog, but could be neat if everyone involved was down.

Leyla Hirsch - I’d prefer Team Taz but BCC could be cool.

• Like 6

Keep Shida away from my club. No. 

Put in Mercedes and Serena with the same feuding partners deal. It fits with Eddie being club-adjacent and hating everybody and Mox and Danielson even butting heads still. Or shit, throw in Hayter... or Marina Shafir. *ducks*

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Octopus said:

I get the feeling that she’ll more be on the side of one of Eddie’s true friends. Them having each other’s back throughout their time in AEW would be sweet. Maybe one of them gets a title match and they fist bump woah each other luck type thing. But her training with BCC could be nuts too!

I now see you said Quasi. Yeah, friend/ affiliate. Like Redman to their WuTang.

Dream BCC members (not all of these but one or two could be fun):

Serena Deeb - She might be too much of a straight up Heel and I like Danielson being the one prick. But style, she’d fit well.

Nick Comoroto - Turn that beast into a Beast.

Hikaru Shida - Joining the group could get her more tv time. She’s a badass. 

Lee Moriarty - Yup. This would be cool.

Fuego Del Sol - give this dude a edgy tough mask and teach him to fight. This is least likely and he’s probably a better forever underdog, but could be neat if everyone involved was down.

Leyla Hirsch - I’d prefer Team Taz but BCC could be cool.

I still think Anthony Ogogo would work. Get him away from the Factory and with Regal. If they’re ever gonna do anything with him, it’s gotta be soon…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, just drew said:

I still think Anthony Ogogo would work. Get him away from the Factory and with Regal. If they’re ever gonna do anything with him, it’s gotta be soon…

Even if not BCC, Ogogo is someone you could tie a Lambert to instead of Ethan Page.

• Like 3

Literally could have been as easy as 4 red turnbuckle pads on the top rope in one ring, and 4 blue turnbuckle pads in the other.

But I guess they get a pass because this wasn't a planned out in advance idea. They had to rewrite Dynamite & Rampage due to a bunch of the roster not being available according to what's been reported.

• Like 4